RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Star fire pearl over saddle interior-yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-12, 06:23 AM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Star fire pearl over saddle interior-yay or nay?

Please vote and or comment

1). This combo really has no business being together, the soft white pearly exterior opens to a 2 tone interior of essentially 2 bold dark colors (pumpkin-esque brown and charcoal grey; there's no flow and its hard on the eye

Or.......

2). A sporty sharp combo- great contrast between a pearly feminine exterior and a stylish Carmel/grey interior. You get the best of both worlds with pretty on the outside and a bit of roadster looking on the inside, besides, white goes with anything!

Please vote-
Would love to hear how others perceive this look, I realize its up to me in the end and Ill be staring at this in person today, but still would appreciate thoughts on this particular combination. Searhes on this combo indicate members purchased these colors together, but alas I suppose they seldom return to these forums to read their private messages.
Old 10-15-12, 10:31 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Im a dark interior kinda person. So for me I would go with starfire pearl and ebony. Is that new red/ cinnamon brown interior available on the RX line for 2013? I love that combo too.
Old 10-15-12, 11:02 AM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

I'm sitting in it right now...... Saddle inside, starfire pearl exterior, it's not that I think the white is a weird combo with it, it's just so dark inside, would I get used to the darkness? Parchment is alot brighter, cheerier, but so generic
Old 10-15-12, 02:55 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your comment #1 above nailed it ... the color combo is bad. White with parchment blends together very well. Creates a welcoming well integrated combo. One thing to look at is that the parchment interior has really dark brown on dash and other contrasting areas. When shopping you may think these are black. It is not black and blends better with the white; even when viewed from outside of the car.
Old 10-15-12, 03:48 PM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

Well, I actually made a decision and bought my Lexus RX 350 2013 today. I wound up with a color combo I never thought I'd end up buying.........

I decided on Stargazer Black with the saddle interior....it was just too sharp a look to resist. Yes, the black won't be a joy to keep looking clean, but I won't have to be so cautious with the interior as I would the parchment. I DID really like the parchment interior but couldn't find an exterior I loved it with. The nebula grey was just 'wrong' with the beige and deep brown trim, the starfire pearl was too much of a stark white for me......too much like a rental car white-not a creamy white with a noticeable pearlessence ; the satin cashmere was pretty but so monochromatic looking with the parchment, and the black with parchment-too contrasting and common. Of course colors are subjective and these are just my opinions, no offense to anyone who chose those colors.

Anyway, glad I won't have to obsess over it anymore.....the car will take about a month to come in.
Old 10-15-12, 04:37 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Definitely go with parchment with the white exterior.
Old 10-15-12, 04:39 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pensivern
Well, I actually made a decision and bought my Lexus RX 350 2013 today. I wound up with a color combo I never thought I'd end up buying.........

I decided on Stargazer Black with the saddle interior....it was just too sharp a look to resist. Yes, the black won't be a joy to keep looking clean, but I won't have to be so cautious with the interior as I would the parchment. I DID really like the parchment interior but couldn't find an exterior I loved it with. The nebula grey was just 'wrong' with the beige and deep brown trim, the starfire pearl was too much of a stark white for me......too much like a rental car white-not a creamy white with a noticeable pearlessence ; the satin cashmere was pretty but so monochromatic looking with the parchment, and the black with parchment-too contrasting and common. Of course colors are subjective and these are just my opinions, no offense to anyone who chose those colors.

Anyway, glad I won't have to obsess over it anymore.....the car will take about a month to come in.

Love the Stargazer Black! I have the gray interior.
Old 04-05-14, 03:06 PM
sueroo
Driver School Candidate

Default Yay!

Just bought one today......love the color combo. Saddle is a rich color, black a nice contrast against it. Parchment not practical (anticipate car seats for grandchildren in the future), but it is also bland against the white exterior. Extremely happy with purchase!