ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   New RX owner, and new to forum! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/650526-new-rx-owner-and-new-to-forum.html)

arthur520 08-16-12 11:17 AM

New RX owner, and new to forum!

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and also new to Lexus. My wife and I just purchased a 2011 RX 350, and let me tell you, I will never own anything outside of Lexus! Pure gold! I am from Texas, about an hour south of Houston, and the people at Lexus of Clear Lake made us feel very good about our purchase. It's been about a month since we bought, and I am still looking at the manual! I frequent this forum daily, and even though this is my wife's car, and am the most excited about it. Anyway, I will follow up with pics, but wanted get get my name out. Definitely Lexus for life.

Arthur

Bgmom 08-16-12 12:14 PM

Congrats! I'm going to be having my 2013 rx 350 delivered this Sunday. Can't wait!

arthur520 08-16-12 01:35 PM

Thanks for the reply, and enjoy your new 2013. I am sure you are extremely excited it!

TexasRxh 08-16-12 05:06 PM

arthur, welcome to CL and to the Lexus family! You will find some great discussions, tips and DIY stuff here. I'm on my 2nd Lexus Rx (both hybrids) and won't go back to anything else. My wife is also a new convert; she's now driving a 2012 ES 350.

arthur520 08-16-12 05:21 PM

Thanks TexasRxh. I am looking forward to getting more acclimated to the forum, joining in on some discussions, and just watching people gush about their rides. Thanks again for the welcome!

kitlz 08-16-12 05:27 PM

Arthur, welome to CL and congrats. It's great to hear about how much you're enjoying the RX already. Fortunately the feeling never goes away even for some of the veterans around here. Looking forward to the pics.

NCRon 08-16-12 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by arthur520 (Post 7426516)
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and also new to Lexus. My wife and I just purchased a 2011 RX 350, and let me tell you, I will never own anything outside of Lexus! Pure gold! I am from Texas, about an hour south of Houston, and the people at Lexus of Clear Lake made us feel very good about our purchase. It's been about a month since we bought, and I am still looking at the manual! I frequent this forum daily, and even though this is my wife's car, and am the most excited about it. Anyway, I will follow up with pics, but wanted get get my name out. Definitely Lexus for life.

Arthur

Congratulations and welcome. I just ordered my 3rd RX, a 2013 RX350 AWD, and I am every bit as enthusiastic about the vehicle and my dealer as you seem to be. I think you will find that your experience, outstanding as it may be, is typical. Not only did Lexus develop a great luxury line, they developed a great dealer network. And they supervise that network quite closely, which is why the dealers all but beg customers to give them top marks when the Lexus followup survey arrrives. Incidentally, if you ever have to use your roadside assistance, you'll be even more impressed.

dctex99 08-16-12 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by NCRon (Post 7427301)
Congratulations and welcome. I just ordered my 3rd RX, a 2013 RX350 AWD, and I am every bit as enthusiastic about the vehicle and my dealer as you seem to be. I think you will find that your experience, outstanding as it may be, is typical. Not only did Lexus develop a great luxury line, they developed a great dealer network. And they supervise that network quite closely, which is why the dealers all but beg customers to give them top marks when the Lexus followup survey arrrives. Incidentally, if you ever have to use your roadside assistance, you'll be even more impressed.

or NOT so impressed; I called Lexus Roadside and they sent out a no-name AAA approved person who wanted to destroy my front year and tow my vehicle. I had told them I had a flat and wanted the spare put on...definitely NOT Lexus quality.....This is Southern California where they can pick and choose who they use...very dissappointed!!

BertL 08-16-12 05:42 PM

Arthur, welcome to the world of Lexus. I'm sure you will continue to be as pleased as I have with this brand since my first purchase back in 1995 -- as I moved across 4 States and 6 different dealers. Overall, Lexus may not be the first with new gizmos, and I admit they are not infallible, but IMO Lexus is THE BEST of the luxury brands when it comes to reliability, customer sat, and my confidence in the vehicle itself and the purchases I've made. Enjoy!

go3Ds 08-16-12 06:48 PM

Arthur,

Congratulations on the first Lexus for you and your wife. I can understand your initial excitement. The first time we bought one back in 1999, I was a little hesitant, so the salesman put my wife in the car, had me walk out about 20 feet, then look back at her and say, doesn't she look good. How could I say no. We bought the car and have had the same feeling with each new Lexus ever since, and looks like you will be the same. We are loving our current RX, as you both are. Lexus has very high ratings in all categories, and excellent resale value.

Also welcome to Club Lexus. I am also a new member, but have been enjoying the forums for 3 years. Lots of good insights and information on the RX's. to go along with your reading of the manuals.

arthur520 08-16-12 07:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are the pics of the newest member of the fam! It has the Premium Package with a few extras. As you may have guessed, my 6 year old daughter is loving the DVD is the headrest, which also came with the car. I wished it had the 19" wheels, but I can live with the 18's. Overall, a very smooth ride, and very plush. Definitely thinking of adding the body side moldings, as they are a very nice touch!
Attachment 255930

Attachment 255931

BertL 08-16-12 07:43 PM

Great looking ride. I bet you're daughter is going to love her private movie theatre in the rear!

markrivers 08-16-12 09:21 PM

congratulations on the new ride!

SAPNY 08-16-12 09:42 PM

congratulations
i hope you and your wife enjoy the car