RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Picked up the 2013 RX F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-12, 07:00 AM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mklemovitc
clexusking, thanks for the red (Claret Mica) example. That's the first in person shot I've seen of that color. I remain partial to the prior years' Matador Red but I can see the appeal of this new shade.

My incoming 450h (still wish they offered the 450h F Sport in NA) will be Stargazer Black. The dealer has a VIN showing up in the system so it's built. Now I'm waiting on the shipment from Japan....
No problem! Congrats on the new RXh! Great color choice.
Old 08-28-12, 12:45 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dai Ca GQ
I think you'll like the F-Sport better. Much more aggressive look that kind of differentiate yourself from the loads of RXs out there. It's the little things that is an F-Sport only really stands out to me.

-8 speed transmission
-Black interior with contrast stitching
-Black headliner
-F-Sport badges on the fendors and Steering
-F-Sport tuned suspension (You can notice the difference on this compared to the 350)
-Dark graphite wheels
-Navigation/Enform system (this is not exclusive to the F-Sport, but it's a BIG improvement from the previous years)

More F-Sports should be coming in at this time and you shouldn't have a problem in California since AWD vehicles are not as high demand as up here in the Northwest.

I think the biggest question is how much of a price difference it will be between a similarly equipped RX350 vs. the F-Sport. If you were to get one now, do it before the "Golden Opportunity" event ends because I got 1.9% apr financing on mine.
Thanks for another great advise.
Old 09-02-12, 05:20 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took a long test drive in F Sport.... only one negative IMO....lag off the line... very odd, considering there is 8 gears, u would think it would just jump from dead start with a very low end gearing in the first gear. I started to think it was the electronics lagging... the LX jumps from stand-still with the slightest push of the pedal.... huge difference....

I liked the look, would prefer non black interior, its just OK...not up to Rover interior standards for similar price in HSE Sport.....fully loaded was 60k OTD, including Nav, GB sensor, Tow, Heads up, ML, Blind Assist, Park assist, (did not include remote Start). If it was not for the lag, I would be really high on the car...

Suspension is very noticeable vs. non F, which changes the entire feel of the car...if you like a tight ride, in exchange for feeling a few more bumps, you will like the F.... electronics first class.... Overall, F will add more buyers to the RX line... I would not buy a non F RX, looks to bland...