RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Buying a new 2012 RX350

Old 06-17-12, 06:15 AM
firehawk12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new 2012 RX350

Hi, I've been doing extensive research on the 2012 RX350 AWD for the past few weeks and finally ready to go to the dealership. I'm looking to pay for everything, no fiance, no lease.

I've "built" my Lexus online and final price came out to be ~48995. This includes the navigation system (Package B). I've been reading a lot of threads found on CL about 15% discounts and such but most were mainly in California and appears that's the place to get your Lexus'. What is a more ideal percentage I can expect in NYC(Zip Code 11235) or should I go into the dealership and start the negotiations at 15%? I also am a current Lexus RX300 owner so I hope the Loyalty Program still exist and that should knock it down another 1-1.5k.

Can the guys around my area give me prices you paid so I can have an idea of what I'll be paying?

I'm also debating about the HUD feature. Anyone have it and their inputs on it?

Thanks guys. This is my first new car purchase and I'm just unsure of how things work when buying new.
Old 06-17-12, 07:23 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome to CL, firehawk. We have multiple dealers in the tristate area. I counted 19 in a 50 mile radius using your area code. The best deals have been on the '12s. But with stock dwindling, it should be easier to find discounts on '13. How much? I couldn't tell you. The next Lexus promotion is in August per my sales guy. E-mail a few dealers to see what they have and then start talking price. If you don't like it, you can move on to the next one.

I assume package B is the $7xxx option package, HUD not included. I like it but it might be difficult to find an RX with it. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by kitlz; 06-17-12 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-17-12, 08:21 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I would visit Lexus of Bridgewater, it is a bit far from you, but I think it'll be worth it. I've heard lot's of good things about them. And, have helped a couple of my friends buy a Lexus from them, and they always offer a far better price than other dealerships.
Old 06-17-12, 09:22 AM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...I did business with Prestige in Ramsey NJ.....and it was about 13% off at the begining of April...now it should better.....try them you have nothing to loose...good luck let us know.....
Old 06-17-12, 11:17 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk12
Hi, I've been doing extensive research on the 2012 RX350 AWD for the past few weeks and finally ready to go to the dealership. I'm looking to pay for everything, no fiance, no lease.

I've "built" my Lexus online and final price came out to be ~48995. This includes the navigation system (Package B). I've been reading a lot of threads found on CL about 15% discounts and such but most were mainly in California and appears that's the place to get your Lexus'. What is a more ideal percentage I can expect in NYC(Zip Code 11235) or should I go into the dealership and start the negotiations at 15%? I also am a current Lexus RX300 owner so I hope the Loyalty Program still exist and that should knock it down another 1-1.5k.

Can the guys around my area give me prices you paid so I can have an idea of what I'll be paying?

I'm also debating about the HUD feature. Anyone have it and their inputs on it?

Thanks guys. This is my first new car purchase and I'm just unsure of how things work when buying new.
Men.. i told you.. stay single and you'll have more money in your pocket!

on a serious note, it may be hard to find the Heads Up Display on stock RX 350 unless you go "all the way" with the package.
my family's experience is that if you want it ala carte then you have to order/ build it.. otherwise, you will be forced to buy one with all the bells and whistles just to get the HUD.
have you considered Connecticut? it's about 2 hr drive.
Back when we used to live in the East Coast.. our Lexus dealer is Hoffman LExus at East Hartford ((860) 525-3987.
15% discount including your Lexus loyalty bonus is EASY.. on a 2012.

will you be trading your RX 300?
Old 06-17-12, 12:42 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by markrivers
Men.. i told you.. stay single and you'll have more money in your pocket!

on a serious note, it may be hard to find the Heads Up Display on stock RX 350 unless you go "all the way" with the package.
my family's experience is that if you want it ala carte then you have to order/ build it.. otherwise, you will be forced to buy one with all the bells and whistles just to get the HUD.
have you considered Connecticut? it's about 2 hr drive.
Back when we used to live in the East Coast.. our Lexus dealer is Hoffman LExus at East Hartford ((860) 525-3987.
15% discount including your Lexus loyalty bonus is EASY.. on a 2012.

will you be trading your RX 300?
It sound like it should be easy, but I've been shopping and emailing and 15% isn't being offered here on the East Coast. More like 12%.

I did email some dealers in CA around a month ago and I got offered around 14%/15% off consistently.
Old 06-17-12, 12:44 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by svofan1
...I did business with Prestige in Ramsey NJ.....and it was about 13% off at the begining of April...now it should better.....try them you have nothing to loose...good luck let us know.....
Did you purchase at 13% off? Was that including the loyalty program or the 1500 off bc you had a luzary vehicle?

Last edited by gqscholar; 06-17-12 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-17-12, 01:51 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My daughter and son-in-law got about 13% off here in MA. I don't know if they were offered loyalty, or luxury, or closing cert's, or us open , or nfl?? discounts, bottom line was 13% off msrp. The 1 or 2 percentage point differences could be due to how well decked out the car is. The more accessories and bells and whistles, the more room there is to play.
According to cars.com, in the last 2 weeks, the supply of '12's within 250 miles of MA has dropped from around 600 to about 350. so the supply is dwindling.
Old 06-17-12, 02:45 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by jclem
My daughter and son-in-law got about 13% off here in MA. I don't know if they were offered loyalty, or luxury, or closing cert's, or us open , or nfl?? discounts, bottom line was 13% off msrp. The 1 or 2 percentage point differences could be due to how well decked out the car is. The more accessories and bells and whistles, the more room there is to play.
According to cars.com, in the last 2 weeks, the supply of '12's within 250 miles of MA has dropped from around 600 to about 350. so the supply is dwindling.
I only asked about the discounts so everyone knows how the 13% of obtained.

If your daughter used a 1000 or 1500 discount for having a lexus or having a luxary car other than a lexus, it would be nice to know, bc everyone do not qualify for those discounts and it will allow them to get a better idea on what they can ask for if they didn't

With that said thanks
Old 06-17-12, 06:50 PM
firehawk12
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the warm welcome.

Tomorrow, I'm visiting my local Lexus dealer at Bay Ridge Brooklyn to get an estimate of how much I'm looking at and if that doesn't work out, I'll start to look at dealerships further away. Definitely willing to travel to NJ and CT for a huge saving. I definitely will check out the dealers that you guys recommended (Bridgewater and Prestige, MAYBE Hoffman Lexus). This is exactly the information that I need to confidently go into a dealership.

I was expecting 5-8% discount here in NYC but you guys are telling me 12-15%, that's just fantastic! I'll try my best to negotiate to as close to 15% as possible. Any strategies? =)

I will not be trading in my RX300 as its being passed on to my brother. I'm using this excuse to get a new RX =)

Thank you everyone for contributing and if you have any more info, I would definitely welcome it!

I will update you guys tomorrow on how the trip to the local dealership goes.
Old 06-18-12, 04:35 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gqscholar
Did you purchase at 13% off? Was that including the loyalty program or the 1500 off bc you had a luzary vehicle?
YES!....like I said I DID purchase..no loyalty program for me....they gave me 2 "closing certs" for a total of $1k that was applied towards my trade in...a 2011 MDX with 16k miles and 17 months old...they treated me fairly and I was happy with that....be informed so when you see a "fair" deal do not let it go by thinking that can do better...maybe you will maybe you will not..remembe that inventory of 2012 are getting low...good luck and think your head and not the wallet...
Old 06-18-12, 05:39 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by svofan1
YES!....like I said I DID purchase..no loyalty program for me....they gave me 2 "closing certs" for a total of $1k that was applied towards my trade in...a 2011 MDX with 16k miles and 17 months old...they treated me fairly and I was happy with that....be informed so when you see a "fair" deal do not let it go by thinking that can do better...maybe you will maybe you will not..remembe that inventory of 2012 are getting low...good luck and think your head and not the wallet...
Does the 13% include the two certs for 1k?

You traded in a luxary car so you should have qualified for a 1500 dollar credit toward your purchase.
Old 06-19-12, 07:18 AM
asc2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by hypervish
I would visit Lexus of Bridgewater, it is a bit far from you, but I think it'll be worth it. I've heard lot's of good things about them. And, have helped a couple of my friends buy a Lexus from them, and they always offer a far better price than other dealerships.
Per suggestion, I just had a phone communication with a sales person and as of this morning they have several RX left but sorry the 13-15% off MSRP offer is denounced. I am not certain if communicating directly with the Internet manager would make a better deal, though.
Old 06-19-12, 09:11 AM
firehawk12
Driver School Candidate

Went to my local dealership today at bay ridge and they don't have the 2012 rx350 in stock anymore. They do have the 2012 rx350 and they offered me 51500 for it.

I will be traveling to dealerships around NYC and new jersey and report back to you guys.
Old 06-19-12, 08:38 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gqscholar
Does the 13% include the two certs for 1k?

You traded in a luxary car so you should have qualified for a 1500 dollar credit toward your purchase.
...the 13% was just in the new car price..the 2 certs were applied towards the trade in ...they gave $33.5K fot the MDX....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a new 2012 RX350