RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

sirius/xm radio subscription

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 10:05 AM
TxTarheel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the latest XM prices? I see the six months for $25 but I was trying to get a one year subscription. My free trial has ended. The CS rep told me the lowest price he had for one year for the car only was $119. He would not transfer me to anyone else and said that was the lowest price. He did not offer me the six month deal at all and I did not ask for it. Just wondered if anyone had gotten the $90 for one year deal lately?
Old 03-05-13, 10:31 AM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by TxTarheel
What are the latest XM prices? I see the six months for $25 but I was trying to get a one year subscription. My free trial has ended. The CS rep told me the lowest price he had for one year for the car only was $119. He would not transfer me to anyone else and said that was the lowest price. He did not offer me the six month deal at all and I did not ask for it. Just wondered if anyone had gotten the $90 for one year deal lately?
You need to say that you want to quit. They will then transfer you to a Customer Retention person. They will then offer you deals to stay. I told them that I would only stay if I could pay no more than $80 per year. It worked every year for the past 6 years.

Go for it.
Steve
Old 03-05-13, 11:01 AM
TxTarheel
Rookie

I did that. I have no service now, as my trial has expired. I told him I was interested in signing up for a one year subscription and wanted their best price. He gave me some rediculous number and I told him I did not want to pay more than $90 a year for one in car radio. Then he came back with $119 and I told him no that was not acceptable and I wanted to talk to someone else. He would not transfer me and told me that was the lowest one year plan they had so I told him I was not interested in signing up for service at all. He said thanks and hung up.

I guess I will try again tomorrow. Is there a specific number for customer retention? I called the number listed in this thread, 866-519-7570 and they found my account and I went through the automated menu and chose "extend service" as the option.
Old 03-05-13, 12:54 PM
Ciege
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look through FatWallet and SlickDeals... Both have current threads about getting the 6 month deals and 1 year deals...

I'll actually be doing this in the next day or so since I just got a renewal letter on one of my subs.
Old 03-05-13, 06:18 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How long is Satellite Radio Subscription on 2013 RX 350?

I got a letter saying it was up in March (90 days) when I called for rates they said I have 9 months to go. They asked if I wanted to extend. I am confused and amused. I bought it new the end of Dec 2012. Thanks Dorothy
Old 03-05-13, 07:03 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hang up the phone. Shhhhhh , you won the lotto. Let it go.
Originally Posted by dotbowels
I got a letter saying it was up in March (90 days) when I called for rates they said I have 9 months to go. They asked if I wanted to extend. I am confused and amused. I bought it new the end of Dec 2012. Thanks Dorothy
Old 03-05-13, 08:08 PM
ecr72
Driver

So you didn't get anything in the mail like 5 months for $25?

We bought a CPO in late November. They sent a few things trying to get us to bite for $120. Then we got a 5 month for $25 and we jumped on it. We setup a reminder to call a few days before it expires to "cancel" and see what they offer.

Bottom line with XM is to keep calling. Eventually a CSR will offer you the discounted rate.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-05-13, 08:43 PM
Doodah
10th Gear

The 90-day trial period applies to their entertainment service (music, talk radio, news, etc). The one-year trial period is for the traffic, weather, and Travel Link services. Travel Link provides sports, stocks and fuel price reports. After the initial 90 days you will lose the "radio" stations (music, talk and news) even though you will still continue to receive the traffic, weather, sports, stocks and fuel prices for another 9 months. After the first year you lose it all, unless you activate a new subscription.
Old 03-05-13, 09:31 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

This is just another point on how their reps don't understand what is being asked of them. I don't think they train these people how to do their jobs. Sad as it could be much better.
Old 03-05-13, 10:25 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In December they did not give me any trouble renewing 2 of my subscriptions for half off ... about $88 or $90 each (final price with royalty fee). If you let your subscription lapse, you will get an offer from time to time for six months for $25 or similar price (it may be for few channels, I'm unsure about that). We still get those offers for some older radios we have. Internet subscriptions are an additional $4/mo ... nice to have if you have a smartphone. If you have more than one subscription, have them sync them up on a single account with the same renewal date ... that way you have a little leverage.
Old 03-06-13, 07:24 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UCSB
In December they did not give me any trouble renewing 2 of my subscriptions for half off ... about $88 or $90 each (final price with royalty fee). If you let your subscription lapse, you will get an offer from time to time for six months for $25 or similar price (it may be for few channels, I'm unsure about that). We still get those offers for some older radios we have. Internet subscriptions are an additional $4/mo ... nice to have if you have a smartphone. If you have more than one subscription, have them sync them up on a single account with the same renewal date ... that way you have a little leverage.
When my trial ran out I got a bill for $178; my wife called and they said there were NO promotions gong on and that was the price! Tried one more time after that in FEB; same thing; supervisor confirmed price; got one threatening phone call and 3 days later they turned it off! Yesterday we got a bill for the "$26 Minimum" for time we used after our trial was up...pretty nuts...have been a customer for over 6 years but will live without it!!! I also posted on their FB page and they said ONCE AGAIN, no promotions at this time.........

Last edited by dctex99; 03-06-13 at 07:25 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-06-13, 07:32 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
When my trial ran out I got a bill for $178; my wife called and they said there were NO promotions gong on and that was the price! Tried one more time after that in FEB; same thing; supervisor confirmed price; got one threatening phone call and 3 days later they turned it off! Yesterday we got a bill for the "$26 Minimum" for time we used after our trial was up...pretty nuts...have been a customer for over 6 years but will live without it!!! I also posted on their FB page and they said ONCE AGAIN, no promotions at this time.........

Well,I have 3 vehicles with XM and always got the 1/2 off price for years.Just tell the rep you want to cancel.You get transferred to the that dept and tell the rep you want the 1/2 price offer or cancel my subscription.
We'll see as I have to call Saturday before my subscription gets automatically renewed.
No half price,no more Sirius/XM.
Two things I can't understand with that company.
For the 1/2 price rate,they would probably double their subscription rate.
Also why have and pay DJ's.I'd rather just have song after song like my TV cable system does.
Sirius stock is up so let's see what happens.
Old 03-06-13, 08:18 AM
Ciege
Rookie

I just now got off the phone with Sirius for renewal.
Original bill was $219.81... Finished the call with a full year renewal of $107 all in...

$107 was close enough to my rate last year of $96 for me not to really push or extend the call any longer than possible...
Old 03-06-13, 01:38 PM
TxTarheel
Rookie

Finally got to someone who could help me. Used 866-891-4487, which I think is a renewal number. Gave him my story and he quoted me $150. I told him I had friends who got $86 and he agreed to honor it. He did add tax and I didn't feel like arguing with him. I also got a paper invoice so did not give them a credit card. Guess when my bill comes next year I will start this process over again.
Old 03-06-13, 03:13 PM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi Dorthy-

You receive 3 months of audio (music, talk.. channels) and 12 months of traffic, weather and travel link.

Feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, and we can check your account.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by dotbowels

Quick Reply: sirius/xm radio subscription