RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Black emblems (plastidip) and roof rack removed - RX'10

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 01:03 PM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Waouh! very nice lighting change... will certainly change mines for lights for doors and approach lighting each side of the car

What dod you buy ? where (internet?) and price?
Thx
al
Old 04-30-12, 02:42 PM
j0emama
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpy64
Waouh! very nice lighting change... will certainly change mines for lights for doors and approach lighting each side of the car

What dod you buy ? where (internet?) and price?
Thx
al
Purchased all of them at www.v-leds.com/. A little pricey but worth the quality and convenience versus hunting them all down online to save a few $$.
Old 04-30-12, 03:01 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I agree, V-LEDS is the way to go. I've had most of the bulbs in for close to two years. Only one went. Fortunately I had a spare. Customer service is great too.
Old 04-30-12, 03:07 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

i like the black on white rear logo

wasn't overly fond my flashy chrome logos either

i removed most of the rear badges, unfortunately the L logo had holes behind it

so i painted the rear logo white & the front black to blend in a little better

Old 05-01-12, 06:21 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jskennedy
i like the black on white rear logo

wasn't overly fond my flashy chrome logos either

i removed most of the rear badges, unfortunately the L logo had holes behind it

so i painted the rear logo white & the front black to blend in a little better
I would have personally done the front white and rear black for better contrast, but good job. What did you use to paint them?
Old 05-01-12, 04:47 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by j0emama
I would have personally done the front white and rear black for better contrast, but good job. What did you use to paint them?
i wanted the emblems gone but removing them left unattractive ovals

so blending them in was 2nd best option for me

painted front w/ some cheap automotive black primer

painted rear with the best matching white i could find from auto store

it was close but not quite there, so i bought the 3stage lexus paint for $60

it looked no better than the $5 can from auto store
Old 05-02-12, 06:37 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Joe, I went and ordered from V-LED's and I should be getting my LEDs in Friday, but my question was what bulbs did u buy for ur courtesy lights in ur doors?

Thanks
Old 05-03-12, 06:38 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Joe, I went and ordered from V-LED's and I should be getting my LEDs in Friday, but my question was what bulbs did u buy for ur courtesy lights in ur doors?

Thanks
Courtesy/Door lights I went with these - http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...-p5168709.html

I originally got front facing bulbs (http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...-p9768541.html) but don't get these. They're not facing the right direction and they're not bright at all (I ended up not using any of them and reordering).
Old 05-03-12, 07:06 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Courtesy/Door lights I went with these - http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...-p5168709.html

I originally got front facing bulbs (http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...-p9768541.html) but don't get these. They're not facing the right direction and they're not bright at all (I ended up not using any of them and reordering).
Thanks! I actually got my led in this afternoon. impressed with the very fast shipping. I made the same mistake as you. I will reorder. I bought http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...-p9371332.html Lucky for me they were on sale and i paid $3.99 for each pair.
Old 05-03-12, 07:14 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Also I forgot to ask, how did you pop off the clear lens on the doors. I can't seem to pop them off. I don't want to break them.
Old 05-03-12, 07:21 PM
j0emama
Pole Position

Thanks! I actually got my led in this afternoon. impressed with the very fast shipping. I made the same mistake as you. I will reorder. I bought http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...-p9371332.html Lucky for me they were on sale and i paid $3.99 for each pair.
Yeah, those front facing lights are no good, there's not enough room for the light to even shine and be visible.

Also I forgot to ask, how did you pop off the clear lens on the doors. I can't seem to pop them off. I don't want to break them.
I used an old credit card I had lying around, hard enough to squeeze in there, but flexible enough to not scratch anything and bend. You can't really break anything, there's not much to them. I think you start on the opposite side of door hinge, but after you get the first one it's simple. The hardest part is getting the cover off after you pop the lens off, but same thing there... can't really break anything just use force. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll post a quick video.
Old 05-03-12, 07:39 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Yeah, those front facing lights are no good, there's not enough room for the light to even shine and be visible.

I used an old credit card I had lying around, hard enough to squeeze in there, but flexible enough to not scratch anything and bend. You can't really break anything, there's not much to them. I think you start on the opposite side of door hinge, but after you get the first one it's simple. The hardest part is getting the cover off after you pop the lens off, but same thing there... can't really break anything just use force. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll post a quick video.
Thank you so much for all your help! Really appreciate it!
Old 05-04-12, 06:13 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Anytime!

One note on replacing the TRUNK lights. Be sure to turn them to the OFF position before replacing. Because of their fitment they take some force, I shorted them out and had to replace fuse (the only fuse with no extra in the fuse box). No big deal, but freaked me out for a bit (I know NOTHING about fuses or electricity). Then turn them on after, if they don't work means you need to flip it (swap polarity sides).
Old 05-04-12, 10:20 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Anytime!

One note on replacing the TRUNK lights. Be sure to turn them to the OFF position before replacing. Because of their fitment they take some force, I shorted them out and had to replace fuse (the only fuse with no extra in the fuse box). No big deal, but freaked me out for a bit (I know NOTHING about fuses or electricity). Then turn them on after, if they don't work means you need to flip it (swap polarity sides).
I think I blew a fuse. I tried to change my parking lights to LEDs and now my parking lights, my fog lights and my tail lights don't turn on. Im freaking out!
Old 05-04-12, 11:37 AM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks nice, black on white. I don't like the roof rack in RX, glad you took it out.

Quick Reply: Black emblems (plastidip) and roof rack removed - RX'10