RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Black emblems (plastidip) and roof rack removed - RX'10

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 08:38 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great tutorial! You've motivated me to use Plastidip on the mesh part of my grille. I like the look but there is just too much shine going on. I had thought of painting it matte black but this product far more forgiving to use not to mention wildly inexpensive.

This pic is in the shade so it looks darker than it is. It is pretty sparkly in the sunshine.
Old 04-24-12, 09:27 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
Great tutorial! You've motivated me to use Plastidip on the mesh part of my grille. I like the look but there is just too much shine going on. I had thought of painting it matte black but this product far more forgiving to use not to mention wildly inexpensive.

This pic is in the shade so it looks darker than it is. It is pretty sparkly in the sunshine.
Yeah I would def. use this first, not so permanent. Just be sure to tape/newspaper off behind it so it doesn't get onto the radiator. I've seen videos where people just sprayed it right on, but that's crazy to me cause over spray WILL get behind it and stick to anything back there.

Last edited by j0emama; 04-24-12 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-28-12, 08:29 PM
j0emama
Pole Position

Finally got around to taking some pix of interior lights, etc... Much brighter and clearer - No more yellow!

ALL LIGHTS SWAPPED WITH 6000K V-LEDS

Also got the Lexus Trunk Liner - very happy with it.
Old 04-28-12, 09:38 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Very well done. I was thinking of changing the interior lights but I kinda like the relaxing, soft yellow.
Old 04-29-12, 03:19 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

jOemama, great job changing out everything. It's funny how much of a difference a little bulb, or two, or three, can make. Which reminds me, I have some to change out. V-LEDS LED bulbs came in yesterday for the fog lights.
Old 04-29-12, 09:11 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
jOemama, great job changing out everything. It's funny how much of a difference a little bulb, or two, or three, can make. Which reminds me, I have some to change out. V-LEDS LED bulbs came in yesterday for the fog lights.
What # bulb did you get and how much? I wanna change my fog lights to match as close as possible to the Bi xenon headlights.
Old 04-29-12, 09:12 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by j0emama
Finally got around to taking some pix of interior lights, etc... Much brighter and clearer - No more yellow!

ALL LIGHTS SWAPPED WITH 6000K V-LEDS

Also got the Lexus Trunk Liner - very happy with it.
Looks great! How much did all those bulbs cost and what did you use for your puddle lights? Those are very bright!
Old 04-30-12, 06:49 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevn86
What # bulb did you get and how much? I wanna change my fog lights to match as close as possible to the Bi xenon headlights.
I haven't changed out my headlights or fog lights, and not sure if I'm going to touch them. I have regular Halogen headlight setup and don't know if I want to install the conversion kit since it's the wifes RX.

Looks great! How much did all those bulbs cost and what did you use for your puddle lights? Those are very bright!
The puddle lights came out very bright which was what I was looking for. A little pricey but worth it.

Old 04-30-12, 08:21 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Sevn, I went with the 5K bulbs from V-LEDS. I found a 15% coupon off to defray the cost a little. Another member put them in and he said they matched the bi-xenons. I envy the RX350 folks who can reach in from the top of the engine to change them out. I have to go underneath the engine and remove/move a few panels, hence why they're not in yet. Gotta prep myself for this job. It's not fun.
Old 04-30-12, 10:12 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Sevn, I went with the 5K bulbs from V-LEDS. I found a 15% coupon off to defray the cost a little. Another member put them in and he said they matched the bi-xenons. I envy the RX350 folks who can reach in from the top of the engine to change them out. I have to go underneath the engine and remove/move a few panels, hence why they're not in yet. Gotta prep myself for this job. It's not fun.
Where on the forum can i look for discount codes? Id like to purchase from V-LED's but they are pricey. Any discount would help offset the cost.
Old 04-30-12, 10:17 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Where on the forum can i look for discount codes? Id like to purchase from V-LED's but they are pricey. Any discount would help offset the cost.
Look in the marketplace vendor forum -- stickies at the top and other postings. Not sure if there are any for the LEDs you are looking for, but that's the place to look for CL sponsors.
Old 04-30-12, 10:22 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I did a Google search and found this on V-LEDS Facebook site. The coupons are only valid through today. Add in the puddle lamps and some interior bulbs and you can easily reach $100 for the 20% discount. Shipping is pretty fast. I ordered on Tuesday evening and they came in Saturday via USPS.
Old 04-30-12, 10:27 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

I did a Google search and found this on V-LEDS Facebook site. The coupons are only valid through today. Add in the puddle lamps and some interior bulbs and you can easily reach $100 for the 20% discount. Shipping is pretty fast. I ordered on Tuesday evening and they came in Saturday via USPS.
Thanks a bunch! I will go ahead and order today.
Old 04-30-12, 10:28 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BertL
Look in the marketplace vendor forum -- stickies at the top and other postings. Not sure if there are any for the LEDs you are looking for, but that's the place to look for CL sponsors.
Thanks!
Old 04-30-12, 11:04 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

If you LIKE them on Facebook they often post coupons there as well. Here is a 15% off $50, or 20% off $100, but expires today.

Quick Reply: Black emblems (plastidip) and roof rack removed - RX'10