RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bring Lexus to Toyota dealer for services - embarrassing?

Old 04-14-12, 01:12 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does amybody knows how to reset the service indicatpr?...I am planning on doing my own oil changes even thou I will see the dealer for check ups once a year....please advise...thank you alll
Old 04-14-12, 03:49 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Your answer is in the Do-It-Yourself section of the Frequently Asked Questions at the top of this forum. A service graciously provided by our moderators to answer our often asked questions!!!

Enjoy
Old 04-14-12, 04:50 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

thanks David I will go there...sorry I am new here and enjoying this club tremensdously!!!!
Old 05-22-12, 05:40 AM
Loyota
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
I know we discuss about this topic thousand times. This time i just ask another aspect of the same topic :

Has Any of you done this feel embarrassing because bringing the Lexus to Toyota? Do people at Toyota dealer look at you like a cheap a** ?
I haven't done that but i'm kind of having that feeling if i do so and also i would like to save some money from expensive Lexus services. . Should i try for my 60K maintenance?
Just need some opinions. Thanks

I have no problem taking our 2009 RX350 to a local Toyota dealership for service. I usually get there early without an appointment and still have time to swing by the Lexus dealership for free car wash and breakfast. The name I chose on this site says it all. Even though it has the big "L" on the grill it is still just a Toyota!
Old 05-23-12, 09:11 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

I took my IS350 to the Toyota dealership for oil changes (too lazy to buy the specialty tool for the oil canister). My other cars with spin on type, I change on my own at home. As for feeling cheap - The answer is no. Oil change is ain't rocket science to justify the longer trip to the closes Lexus dealership (25 min compare to the 5 min to the Toyota) - Maybe I'm cheap in general.

Also, the Lexus dealership does not give out loaner anymore on simple oil change so the advantage really is moot. Besides the latte, cookies, fancier reception area, and a little better car wash, it's not worth more than twice the price and a longer distance to get there. What even worst is that the wait time at the Toyota (with no appointment) is faster than at Lexus - I think Lexus strategy is to make the job seems more important with the extra added expense.
Old 05-24-12, 01:55 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Your not cheap you just work for your money . Why give it away when there are other ways to get the job done right.
Old 05-24-12, 12:34 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Loyota u just said that Lexus offers free car washes. Does that mean anyone with a Lexus can get one? Or did u have to buy your lexus from them in order to get that service? How does the free car wash thing work?
Old 05-24-12, 03:39 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Think that is up to each Lexus dealership. Some will give you one a week if you got your car from them and some will not give you anything and will try to charge you for the air you use in their dealership.
Old 05-25-12, 08:47 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Think that is up to each Lexus dealership. Some will give you one a week if you got your car from them and some will not give you anything and will try to charge you for the air you use in their dealership.
Oh...ok. Thanks!
Old 05-25-12, 08:59 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Went to Toyota dealer today for my first oil change after I bought the RX and I actually had a great experience until I found out they ran out of 0w-20 mobile 1 oil at the parts department and I had to wait about 2 hours before they got more. The other ppl there kept looking at me like I'm weird or something for bringing my Lexus to a Toyota dealer. I've used this dealership for over 12 years and I noticed I was treated with much more respect then when I would bring in my Camry. The service advisor jokingly said I hope u know we don't have a cappuccino machine and free snacks along with a complementary carwash like Lexus does. I laughed and told him, I never cared for those things since I was saving $50 or so by coming to Toyota.
Old 05-26-12, 05:27 AM
svofan1
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Went to Toyota dealer today for my first oil change after I bought the RX and I actually had a great experience until I found out they ran out of 0w-20 mobile 1 oil at the parts department and I had to wait about 2 hours before they got more. The other ppl there kept looking at me like I'm weird or something for bringing my Lexus to a Toyota dealer. I've used this dealership for over 12 years and I noticed I was treated with much more respect then when I would bring in my Camry. The service advisor jokingly said I hope u know we don't have a cappuccino machine and free snacks along with a complementary carwash like Lexus does. I laughed and told him, I never cared for those things since I was saving $50 or so by coming to Toyota.
...you ungratefull guy!!!!! ...after you Lexus dealer did not charge you for changing the fuses that you blew while experimenting with you LED change over in the RX!!!!!....just kidding with you....don't overly sensitive with me....lol.....I wish I had a dealer like that Toyota here in NJ...the one that I did business in the past was full of AHOLES when it came to customers....I must be honest that was with the sales guys..the shop was ok..nothing great...I guess I have time to make up my mind on what to do...my Lexus dealer just sent me a coupon book with discounts plus a card that accumulates dollars that can be redeemed at future services ther..it appear to be a fair thing to do.
Another Lexus dealer charges $59.95 for an oli change (sound fair right..NOT) in small letters tells you extra fot synthetic, shop supplies, oil disposal...I wonder what the final price will be....
Old 05-26-12, 06:27 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If my Lexus dealer (or any other in the Atlanta area) just charged $60 for an oil change, I'd give them my business, however most of them in normal charging (minus a special or something) are well over $100. Go Toyota
Originally Posted by svofan1
Another Lexus dealer charges $59.95 for an oli change (sound fair right..NOT) in small letters tells you extra fot synthetic, shop supplies, oil disposal...I wonder what the final price will be....
Old 05-26-12, 01:58 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

But Jim. like I said it appears that the $60 price is only labor..then you must add synthetic oil, "shop supplies", "disposal fees" and any other hidden incidental and I bet you the final number will be over$100 like in your case, right?....
Old 05-26-12, 02:45 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO, $60 is to cheap to expect a dealership to use quality syn oil and OEM filter on an oil change while providing the facilities and staff that we expect. Perhaps it makes sense in some regions of the country, but not here in the SF bay area. I do believe that this kind of pricing is still possible at Walmart and small independent shops here.
Old 05-26-12, 04:00 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by svofan1
But Jim. like I said it appears that the $60 price is only labor..then you must add synthetic oil, "shop supplies", "disposal fees" and any other hidden incidental and I bet you the final number will be over$100 like in your case, right?....
They also told me that if i brought my own oil and filter they would only charge me $15 for labor and i calculated it and it comes out to about $60 for an oil change. Mobile 1 full synthetic with oem filter. I think im gonna bring in my own oil and filter and just pay the labor from now on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bring Lexus to Toyota dealer for services - embarrassing?