RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

RX 450h & RX 450h F SPORT to debut @ 2012 Geneva Motor Show 3/6/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 04:28 PM
modernx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link
Old 03-05-12, 05:57 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the lack of side roof railings is really throwing me off. but looks pretty good
Old 03-05-12, 10:24 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

^I agree, the side roof rack makes it look for sportier. Without it, it looks like a Venza.
Old 03-06-12, 02:22 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think the black car above is coming to the US. It is a hybrid F-Sport.
Old 03-06-12, 05:46 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

As per Car & Driver's article:

Three years into the RX’s third generation, Lexus has brought the entire lineup in for a refresh. The changes consist primarily of cosmetic updates and refinements to existing technologies; the new RX F Sport package (available in the U.S. only on the RX350) attempts to widen the appeal of the already popular SUV.
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...0-f-sport-news
Old 03-06-12, 06:33 AM
rkgriffin
Driver School Candidate

That article has some good info about the F-Sport. Little sad that they think it won't arrive until the end of the year. While not shocked by that at all, I need to purchase a new SUV by the end of August/mid-September at the latest and this one was a nice cheaper option to the ML350 I have been looking at.
Old 03-06-12, 07:53 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rkgriffin
That article has some good info about the F-Sport. Little sad that they think it won't arrive until the end of the year. While not shocked by that at all, I need to purchase a new SUV by the end of August/mid-September at the latest and this one was a nice cheaper option to the ML350 I have been looking at.
Well, I think the bottom line is that no one knows.....

This article: http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-grille-leds/1

says the following:

Gas and hybrid versions of Lexus' popular midsize RX crossover get a face-lift for the 2013 model year with what Lexus calls a bolder version of the now-signature "spindle grille," an updated interior, more standard features and two new optional appearance packages.

The 2013s unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show today will be at U.S. dealers next month.
I stopped in at the dealer yesterday and they anticipate deliveries to begin in May.
Old 03-06-12, 08:09 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are the links to the press release and product info pages.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...motor+show.htm

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...duct+specs.htm

They are making some basic changes and some that stand out (at least to me.) They're now offering Saddle Interior. If this is the same color as in the CT, then wow. My wife loves that interior color. The Wood and Leather sterring wheel now has a heated option included with the Luxury package. Of course, the F Sport appearance package. Personally, I'm not too fond of the package as it doesn't really seem to fit the character of the car but to each his own.

One question I do have as it wasn't clear, is if the AFS has been removed. If you'll remember, when the IS updated its headlights to include the LED day time running lights, they removed the AFS from the IS line and so I'm wondering if that's the case here as I didn't see any mention of the AFS function.
Old 03-06-12, 08:15 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice updates!!!
Old 03-06-12, 08:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by bam

One question I do have as it wasn't clear, is if the AFS has been removed. If you'll remember, when the IS updated its headlights to include the LED day time running lights, they removed the AFS from the IS line and so I'm wondering if that's the case here as I didn't see any mention of the AFS function.
I actually have had AFS in 2 of my previous Lexus. I really didn't see much of a benefit from it. If its anything like 4th Gen GS, AFS will probably be part of the Luxury package.
Old 03-06-12, 08:48 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
I actually have had AFS in 2 of my previous Lexus. I really didn't see much of a benefit from it. If its anything like 4th Gen GS, AFS will probably be part of the Luxury package.
On the current gen RX, I believe the AFS is part of the HID and LED lighting packages but like I said, I didn't see it mentioned on the product spec sheet for the 2013 model so I'm concerned that they're doing away with it. I actually have it on my car right now and I actually like it a lot. I can actually see the light turning into the curve and I def notice where it lights up the road more than a non AFS equiped car.
Old 03-06-12, 09:07 AM
rkgriffin
Driver School Candidate

A Sport Appearance Package (not available on RX 350 AWD) is new for 2013
Ouch, that would suck if they don't offer the F-Sport in AWD.

Then again it doesn't seem like the F-Sport adds all that much to be honest. I do like the front bumper and rims though!

Sports Appearance Package:
- 19-inch split 5-spoke wheel with Superchrome finish
- F SPORT front bumper

Last edited by rkgriffin; 03-06-12 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-06-12, 09:45 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Another thing I noticed on the product spec sheet is the Luxury Package doesn't list the Wide-Front View Camera function anymore. I'm sure the list isn't comprehensive as for example, it doesn't mention the new Saddle Interior but either way, I'm wondering if it was intentionally left off and therefore not availabel anymore or if it still is part of the package but for some reason or another forgotten on the spec sheet.
Old 03-06-12, 11:20 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good links, especially the bottom one with the changes and news.
Thanks.
And it pains me to say it but that dadburned grill is starting to grow on me. Geez I hate when that happens, PRICELESS
Originally Posted by bam
Here are the links to the press release and product info pages.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...motor+show.htm

They are making some basic changes and some that stand out (at least to me.) They're now offering Saddle Interior. If this is the same color as in the CT, then wow. My wife loves that interior color. The Wood and Leather sterring wheel now has a heated option included with the Luxury package. Of course, the F Sport appearance package. Personally, I'm not too fond of the package as it doesn't really seem to fit the character of the car but to each his own.

Old 03-06-12, 03:05 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Some of you may have seen on other posts of mine that I've had a Nebula Gray/Parchment 2012 RX450h on order since Nov 9... I recently received word that it's on a ship and should hit the dock 100 miles north of me here in SoCal on 3/14.

With lots of anticipation, I digested today's announcements -- thinking this was primarily going to be cosmetic changes as we've seen from the leaks. While some are enamoured with the new front end, I already knew that wasn't sufficient reason for me to switch gears from my 2012 that is finally on it's way. Seeing the rest of what is being changed though, convinced me that I would not be happy with a 2012 especially when I keep my rides 5-7 years. I sent an email to my sales person at 5:30 this morning to set up an appt to discuss making the switch to a 2013, and in great customer service form, had a reply by 7AM amazingly enough on the beginning of his days off this week. I was all set to go in and see him upon his return on Friday, when an hour ago I received an email from the dealership GM that they would be happy to do whatever I wanted ... Take the 2012 when it arrives in a couple of weeks, or place a new order which should arrive late June or early July. As much as it pains me on the one hand to wait a total of nearly 8 months with cash in hand, well, I've just switched to a 2013... Great sales customer service is all I can say about Lexus Escondido.

Oh, and my 2013 RX450h will not have a Sports Appearance Pkg -- like Jim, the "basic" spindle grille is only now beginning to grow on me, and there is no way I could jump to the even more aggressive look.

Quick Reply: RX 450h & RX 450h F SPORT to debut @ 2012 Geneva Motor Show 3/6/12