RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Who puts plastic mats down on the floor of your RX?

Old 10-24-11, 10:48 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have love them had my first set in my 2005 RX 330 now I have a set in my 2010 XLE Camry and 2010 LE Camry and our 2011 Rx 450h
Attached Thumbnails Who puts plastic mats down on the floor of your RX?-124.jpg   Who puts plastic mats down on the floor of your RX?-125.jpg   Who puts plastic mats down on the floor of your RX?-136.jpg   Who puts plastic mats down on the floor of your RX?-123.jpg  
Old 10-24-11, 12:17 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are on the gulf coast it rains a lot here every year 70" + they work fine to keep the mat under them clean and dry. Have never had a spilled drink to clean up, However, did have a sick child in our 330 was that a lot of fun to clean up while on a trip but they keep the mats clean during that mess.
Old 10-27-11, 03:20 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My set of black OEM Lexus mats came in from Sewall today (see above posts about a sale on these mats) and they match the set that came with the 450h. In fact they can be installed right over the original mats and still be able to use the clips that hold them in place.
Old 10-27-11, 03:21 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by billy44bo
I have love them had my first set in my 2005 RX 330 now I have a set in my 2010 XLE Camry and 2010 LE Camry and our 2011 Rx 450h
The clear mats look nice. Where did you get the clear mats and how much did they cost?
Old 10-28-11, 05:45 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The X Men
I bought the weather tech mats for winter, my oem carpet mats goes back in during Summer. Switching between the 2 sets of mats, they should last the life of the car.
I bought a set of Weathertechs rubber mats and hung up the carpeted mats to save for trade-in maybe.
Old 10-28-11, 10:53 AM
kwbuggy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yikes!!

Originally Posted by UCSB
I purchased a relatively inexpensive (but, very nice & plush) set of aftermarket black carpet mats for my 450h. They look very nice (better than the original mats). I just put them over the regular grey Lexus mats when someone is using that spot in the car. Since they were cheap $25 -$40 (I really didn't pay that much attention). I do not have to worry about them and can replace them at the first sign of wear.

I also have a roll of plastic sheeting which is sticky on one side. It is designed to temporarily protect your carpeting. I will put it on my mats, door sills and lower part of my door when I take my car in for service. I will also use it if for any reason I want to protect my car temporarily.

I have a full set of the WeatherTech floor liners that I can put in my Subaru Outback for tough conditions. But,I typically use the regular mats there on daily basis. They are pretty reasonable to replace.

If you don't protect the mats they will become disgustingly dirty pretty quickly. I purchased a new set of mats for my daughters ES and was amazed at how fast they became ruined.
Isn't this why the California State trooper lost control of the loaner ES he was driving that started the whole Toyota/Lexus out of control recall scandal? Never, ever, put mats on top of other mats in the driver's position. They can slip, get wedged under the gas pedal and you can wipe out your whole family if you don't immediately put the car in neutral and then apply the brakes.
In Canada we get two sets of Lexus floor mats with the car, carpet ones for the summer and rubber ones for the other nine months of the year. Both sets have holes in them to attach to the hooks which prevent slipping. The Lexus mats come with big warning labels telling owners not to put them on top of other mats.
Old 10-28-11, 07:02 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
There is no food, drinks or smoking allow in my car
Same, but water bottles are ok ;-p. I need Starbuck or Dunkin Donut sometimes so i make myself an exception
Old 10-28-11, 11:12 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kwbuggy

Isn't this why the California State trooper lost control of the loaner ES he was driving that started the whole Toyota/Lexus out of control recall scandal? Never, ever, put mats on top of other mats in the driver's position. They can slip, get wedged under the gas pedal and you can wipe out your whole family if you don't immediately put the car in neutral and then apply the brakes.
In Canada we get two sets of Lexus floor mats with the car, carpet ones for the summer and rubber ones for the other nine months of the year. Both sets have holes in them to attach to the hooks which prevent slipping. The Lexus mats come with big warning labels telling owners not to put them on top of other mats.
The next time you are getting in your RX look at the gas pedal and the floor mat. There is no way that the mat is going to get anywhere near the gas pedal. There is a crazy amount of room down there. Not that it really matters because our cars have brake override in them ... so if you need to slow down, just press the brake. Also, all Toyota drivers now know you can turn off the vehicle by just continuing to press the start key until it turns off.
Old 10-29-11, 08:19 AM
jamiec
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my new Lexus rubber mats from Sewell the other day, and just in time we're expecting snow here in Virginia today! Of course I removed my OEM carpet mats first!

Since I'm the only passenger in my car, no problems with food and drink, however, if I should have a passenger they will just have to be hungry and thirsty as these are considered contriband in my baby! lol
Old 10-29-11, 08:23 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kwbuggy

The CA accident was the result of putting the wrong mats on the wrong vehicle and not securing them in place. The thin plastic mats that go on top of the carpetted mats have holes in them so they are fastened to the floor, they aren't going anywhere (at least the ExactMats have this feature). In places that have a lot of severe snow and ice the plastic mats probably aren't of much use but for those parts of the country that have just rain they work well. Heavy rubber mats aren't needed in the southern US.