RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New audi q 5 arrived

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-11, 05:41 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New audi q 5 arrived

Picking up our new Q 5 today. Hope our RX gets a new owner soon as it was a great ride while it lasted. Tried selling it myself but no one seems to have $$$. Thanks Mr. President.
Old 09-22-11, 02:26 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Cant wait to see pics. Audi is doing great things at the moment
Old 09-22-11, 06:05 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on your new purchase Chief.
I have a feeling you'll be back with a Lexus anytime soon. =)
Enjoy your ride.
Old 09-22-11, 06:05 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrat's on your purchase. Please share your initial thoughts and of course pics once you get it home.
Old 09-23-11, 10:35 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TripleL
Congrat's on your purchase. Please share your initial thoughts and of course pics once you get it home.
Just turned 100 miles on it so it will take alittle time to compare but so far so good.
Lexus nav is easier to use or maybe I haven't had time to figure it out yet. Seems like Lexus climate controls are easier too.
Smoother shifting, better stopping & a few more bells like cooler in the glove box & cool & warm cup holders. I'll get some pics ASAP.

And really, Thanks for asking.
Old 09-23-11, 02:42 PM
Francis
Pole Position

I consider q5 too as I read the q5 forum, some early q5 owners have some problems (jerking or something) related to tranny. They said it is also common on A4 too. Hope you won't have any problem at all.
Old 09-23-11, 05:30 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Francis
I consider q5 too as I read the q5 forum, some early q5 owners have some problems (jerking or something) related to tranny. They said it is also common on A4 too. Hope you won't have any problem at all.
Forums in general is not a representation of the product whether its a car or a phone.
Most people come to the forums to look for answers because they encounter a problem, while the rest who doesn't have any problem don't even bother to post.

Here's how I see it, for every 1 person complaning there are 99 others who are happy with their purchase... Unless of course it's so massive warranting a recall.
Old 09-24-11, 12:10 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markrivers
Forums in general is not a representation of the product whether its a car or a phone.
Most people come to the forums to look for answers because they encounter a problem, while the rest who doesn't have any problem don't even bother to post.

Here's how I see it, for every 1 person complaning there are 99 others who are happy with their purchase... Unless of course it's so massive warranting a recall.
Very will put, that hits it on the head. Most people only comment when things are bad.

We took a small trip today & I can see I have a lot to learn as far as NAV stuff. Doen't seem as easy as our old RX. Time will tell.
Old 09-25-11, 08:04 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

The only jerk so far is me.

I think I have the NAV final figured out though.
I took a drive yesterday & did not notice any tranny issues. The GPS did lock up on me but I think I found out why.
Old 09-26-11, 11:26 AM
DCDude1776
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xfirechief
Tried selling it myself but no one seems to have $$$.
I have encountered the same issues when trying to sell cars myself. I've found the best way to get rid of a used car is to sell it at CarMax. I would suggest that you detail your car, clay bar it, wax it, and take it in for a quote. It looks like there are 3 CarMax locations in Wisconsin, if Google is correct. Depending upon how busy the location is, it should take 45 minutes to 2 hours from start to finish.

I recently sold my 4 year old Honda Pilot EX-L for $20,000 through them. The best offer I'd gotten elsewhere was $16,000.
Old 09-27-11, 10:01 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

The RX is gone, long live the RX.
Next chance of getting a Lexus will be the 2015 model.
Old 09-27-11, 03:52 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase! Enjoy the Audi!
Old 09-28-11, 01:55 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new Q5. I looked at these before I bought my current RX however I found the MMI system unintuitive and the space a bit tight. Otherwise all good!
Old 09-28-11, 07:46 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
Francis is right though, Audi had some problem with their transmssion jerking when downshifting from 2nd gear to 1st. Its not a serious problem but more of a discomfort issue. A very small percentage of owners have a more serious jerk going from 2nd gear to 1st, but by no mean is it a wide spread problem.
i think "jerking" only applies to Q5 [many other VW/Audi models] that has 2.0. w/DSG. very typical of "dry" single-double clutch autos. with 3.2 option comes the traditional auto and those are smooth as any other Lexus autos.
Old 09-28-11, 01:13 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey chief,

Where are the pix of your new Q5?

Quick Reply: New audi q 5 arrived