RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 12:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

does your homelink work in apartment buliding gate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 11:16 AM
tus
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by t709394
i tried few times to link it but it didn't work, any suggestions?
Ask your neighbors if their cars have HomeLink installed in their cars and if they were able to get the thing to work. You'll either find no one has gotten it to work, or, someone who can help you get your car setup.

I'm guessing that you won't be able to get this to work. I just installed several Liftmaster MyQ enabled garage door openers and as a last step to get the HomeLink to work I had to press the link button on each opener.

If you think about it, if you didn't need access to the opener for the final step, anyone could in theory just sit close to your driveway/gate with a HomeLink setup in program mode and just wait for you to open/close the thing with the remote, intercepting/overhearing the signal, and give themselves access to your garage.
Old 02-22-18, 01:40 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Few things help:

1. Clear out the channel you are going to use in your RX [procedure in user manual]
2. Try to program your RX with a remote provided to you .. preferably far from the door/gate.
3. If you cant get the RX to blink rapidly .. try the trick I have listed in my post $14

Once the RX blinks rapidly your, RX is programmed.
4. Determine if the door/gate uses rolling code. If it does then the receiver of the gate/door needs to establish handshake between your RX and itself. This is accomplished by hitting a button on the gate/door receiver and within few seconds (typically 10) your RX must broadcast the signal {push button on RX .. dont hold for more than 10m seconds as you may delete the stored info in RX]

If you cant establish communication, check the homelink site for compatibility with the door/gate remote.
Salim