RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-16-14, 12:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

Lexus RX models - Best All-season tire choices

Old 08-14-11, 04:32 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So the Yoko is your choices? I'm going to replace these tires soon.
Old 08-14-11, 05:02 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

sweet, I'm probably going with the Yokohamas. I'll still check with my local tire guy to see what he says. Still a while away though from replacement. Who knows what else might come out.
Old 08-14-11, 07:08 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
sweet, I'm probably going with the Yokohamas. I'll still check with my local tire guy to see what he says. Still a while away though from replacement. Who knows what else might come out.
I trust you Kitlz. You are my man/lady (not sure your sex ). I will go with Yokos.
Old 08-14-11, 07:51 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I'm a girl, sweet

I don't need to change them yet even though the Yokohamas sound great. But if I'm down to a few K with winter ahead, I won't take any chances. Typically I buy the tires from my local guy and have the dealer put them on and do the alignment. But if Tire Rack has a deal... I'm going in for the 15K in October or November and will decide then.
Old 08-14-11, 01:22 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, for Yokos.

I replaced my '05 MDX Michellin XTs with Yokohama Geonaldar H/T-S G052s, and these tires were awesome. Over 20k and worn very well.

I will dump HL400s this fall. Most likely for Parada Spec-X. I'm curious if anyone has them on their RX.
Old 08-14-11, 07:22 PM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anita, how many miles on your tires before you will have them replaced? I think that you said you have the Michelin.
Old 08-15-11, 03:09 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

caf, I have the Dunlops. They're ok, no complaints. I might not replace the tires until next year. I'm at a little more than 12K.
Old 08-17-11, 06:07 AM
elsmomo
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My two cents.
Our RX450h AWD delivered with 19" Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400. In the first 10K, we had three flats, with one being a puncture that the Lexus dealer claimed needed to be replaced citing a side wall penetration. Sight unseen, I authorized the replacement yet held on to the tire. Brought the tire to the local repair shop and had it patched. No side penetration found. Hmm.
Real or imagined, the Bridgestones seemed to pick up more "stuff". We had a total of three flats in 10k of driving. We are indeed cowboys yet not our first rodeo.
We petitioned the dealer for replacement tires. No movement (consider this was the same dealer who sold us a new tire citing side wall puncture). Hmmm
Short story long, we now have four Bridgestones with 10k on them sitting in the garage.
We wound up buying Four P235/55R-19 Michelin Latitude Tour HP's. Went with TireRack as they had the best price. See Rudy Reidel - he was great. Had them sent to our lexus dealer who offered to mount them for no charge. Hmmmm.
Complained to Lexus corporate about the whole experience and they wound up offering us a $500 credit at the dealer. Hmmmmm.
Used that for Tire/Rim Insurance which is crazy yet offers us peace of mind.
Just returned from a round trip to South Florida and have to say the Michelins ride great (as did the Bridgestones truth be told) and no road incidents nor do they seem to pick up as much.
A tad more than two cents yet more genuine information after all. Good luck.
Old 08-17-11, 01:00 PM
coverchian
Driver School Candidate

All tires are good these days. Not much different. Alignment is one of the top issues to cause a short life. Installation may not be cheap. With these all into consideration, get the best deal ones.
Old 08-17-11, 03:23 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by elsmomo
My two cents.
Our RX450h AWD delivered with 19" Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400. In the first 10K, we had three flats, with one being a puncture that the Lexus dealer claimed needed to be replaced citing a side wall penetration. Sight unseen, I authorized the replacement yet held on to the tire. Brought the tire to the local repair shop and had it patched. No side penetration found. Hmm.
Real or imagined, the Bridgestones seemed to pick up more "stuff". We had a total of three flats in 10k of driving. We are indeed cowboys yet not our first rodeo.
We petitioned the dealer for replacement tires. No movement (consider this was the same dealer who sold us a new tire citing side wall puncture). Hmmm
Short story long, we now have four Bridgestones with 10k on them sitting in the garage.
We wound up buying Four P235/55R-19 Michelin Latitude Tour HP's. Went with TireRack as they had the best price. See Rudy Reidel - he was great. Had them sent to our lexus dealer who offered to mount them for no charge. Hmmmm.
Complained to Lexus corporate about the whole experience and they wound up offering us a $500 credit at the dealer. Hmmmmm.
Used that for Tire/Rim Insurance which is crazy yet offers us peace of mind.
Just returned from a round trip to South Florida and have to say the Michelins ride great (as did the Bridgestones truth be told) and no road incidents nor do they seem to pick up as much.
A tad more than two cents yet more genuine information after all. Good luck.
I, like you, got rid of the OEM Bridgestones (same tires as yours) that came on my 2010 450h. I replaced them after 300 miles with the Michelin latitudes from Tirerack (were on sale in addition to $ 70 rebate). I sold the Bridgestones to a private party for $ 440. I mentioned to my Lexus dealer about putting poorly rated tires on the 450h, but did not get any response. Getting a $ 500 credit is a pretty good response from your dealer.
Old 08-17-11, 09:04 PM
gladiator9
Driver

I had michelins on my 07 Explorer sport trac and our 05 Avalon and the Michelins had to be replaced around 42k ( Kilometers that is ). I replaced the Michelins on the truck with the Good Year Forterra triple tread tires. Consumers had rated them best all weather, all season tire a few years ago and I found them great on dry or wet roads and rated 10 for snow traction. These tires have a winter rating so you don't have to purchase a winter tire. I had sold the truck last fall and the tires had about 25k km on them and were very good with lots of tread left. I would install them again however they don't make these in the 19"size.
I am leaning toward the Yokohama Parada Spec X which have very good ratings and are available for the 19" rims on our RX. The current michelins have about 28K miles, as our 10 RX is an American vehicle although manufactured in Canada. The Michelins will have to be replaced within the next year for sure.
Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-17-11, 09:58 PM
marcarl
Driver School Candidate

I've driven new cadi's for over 20 years and the OE tires never go over 20K. Michelan, Goodyear, doesn't matter. They are starter tires.
Old 08-18-11, 05:09 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marcarl
I've driven new cadi's for over 20 years and the OE tires never go over 20K. Michelan, Goodyear, doesn't matter. They are starter tires.
My experience has been different. Different OEM tires differ in their quality. I had OEM Michelin Cross Terrain tires on my 2002 Acura MDX and the 1st set lasted 68,000 miles while the 2nd set of the same tire was well on it's way to that same mileage. All of the Michelin OEM tires I have had on a 94' Lincoln Mark VIII and those on different Acuras (MDX, TL) have lasted at least 35,000 miles.
Old 08-18-11, 09:16 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved the Michelin Cross Terrain tires. I had/have them on my original '99 RX. They didn't make the size needed for my 400h. My current Rx 350 won't need tires for a long time (I assume) as I barely have 5000 miles on it after a year.
Old 08-22-11, 06:44 PM
gladiator9
Driver

Just came across this tire review for the good year assurance triple tread all weather tire
which is winter rated and an all season tire. I have had these on my Ford Sport trac truck and found them very good.
http://www.autos.ca/auto-articles/ti...-season-tire/2
Hope you can access the link.
Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RX models - Best All-season tire choices