RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Disappointed with dealer installed DVD system

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-11, 02:46 PM
ecub
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
"Active Headrests
The headrests [1] for the front seats are designed to help prevent or limit the extent of whiplash in the event of certain types of rear-end collisions. The force of the occupant's body against the seatback moves the headrest upward and forward"
This if from the Lexus RX Features & Pricing page under Standard Safety & Security Features This is standard on both the RX350 and RX450h
Ok, then I guess I do have it. The DVD mounted headrests I have raise and lower, just like the OEM headrests, so it should not stop the function of the active headrests.
Old 07-28-11, 04:49 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

mcsooner70 screw your sales person because he did it to you. Start with the customer rep first and then GM of the dealership and if that does not get you anywhere post that picture on the Lexus FACEBOOK page and someone from Lexus will get back with you very fast. They do do want their cars to look like that with a crap install from a Lexus dealer. Get ALL of your money back from this deal. You can take the car to any good audio store and they will have a system more like ecub's and will cost you a lot less than 2k.
Old 07-29-11, 01:39 PM
mcsooner70
Driver School Candidate

oh it gets even better...... Sales guy says no to refund. I get my login info in the email for lexus driver- I guess a sight that tracks the service history of the car and I see a dealer reported "paintless dent removal" on it. I emailed and asked where the damage was. He emailed "on the hood." I then emailed and asked if it was "hail damage". He finally emailed back "yes". I went and looked the car over and I see one they didn't get on the hood, I guess it's a good thing I'm short, I can't even see the top. I realize unless the damage is substantial (certain percentage of cars cost) they don't have to tell you, but I really thought an established Lexus dealership would be more ethical. Wow do I feel stupid. I guess that is off subject, but geez. I did email back requesting who else to talk to about the DVD situation. Obviously, I will probably have to do what you suggested and talked to someone else. Facebook's a good idea if they can't come up with a solution fair to both parties... Hope the RX's performance outshines the dealership and makes me happy to be a Lexus owner....
Old 07-29-11, 03:53 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

mcsooner,don't worry, you'll love your RX. As far as getting your money back, it's a matter of getting to the right person. The salesperson couldn't care less. Give the dealer a deadline for an equitable resolution or you will be taking it to the next level. And start looking for another dealer. I'm sure there will be a happy ending
Old 07-29-11, 03:58 PM
ecub
Driver

Originally Posted by The X Men
The active headrest moves forward in an accident, not up and down.
The mechanism is probably inside the seat, not built in the headset. So it shouldn't matter whether or not you I have an OEM or after market dealer installed headrest.
Old 09-10-11, 03:06 PM
timlrx11
Driver

Originally Posted by mcsooner70
oh it gets even better...... Sales guy says no to refund...... I did email back requesting who else to talk to about the DVD situation. Obviously, I will probably have to do what you suggested and talked to someone else. Facebook's a good idea if they can't come up with a solution fair to both parties... Hope the RX's performance outshines the dealership and makes me happy to be a Lexus owner....
It's been a while since we last heard from you. Please let us know what happened to your DVD and the dealership...
Old 09-10-11, 03:22 PM
2k11sfrx
Driver

Man should've bough 16gb wifi iPad with a car mount and it would turn out better then this !
Old 09-10-11, 07:51 PM
Wolffe72
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking into getting a headrest DVD solution as well. Got a great deal on a 2011 RX350 but no rear entertainment package.

The system installed for the OP seems to be this one (Rosen AV7700):

http://www.rosenentertainment.com/ro...estsystems.htm

[EDIT: I replaced merchant link with original manufacturer's link]

It IS described as being designed for active headrests... but sheesh, could they have possibly come up with a less elegant design?

I have a portable Panasonic DVD player with its own headrest car mount that has served us well. The ability to pop it out and take it into a restaurant for a peaceful meal was great. However, I have a second little one on his way so I'm eventually going to need a second display too (I don't think the Panasonic is sold anymore). Plus, I was hoping for a more integrated look for the Lexus.

The other headrest models, which don't look too bad, are from Vizualogic and Audiovox. Neither are great brands in my books and the units aren't exactly cheap. Anyone have any experience with these?
Old 09-11-11, 07:49 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Times have certainly changed. When my sister and I were kids back in the 50's the best we got was License Plate bingo.....those cardboard sheets with various states listed in the squares, when you saw a plate from that state you slid a little plastic tab. First to get 5 in a line won, ala bingo. Now we entertain our kids with $2,500 gizmos. I know, I know, times have changed but somehow I think we have lost the plot.
Old 09-11-11, 10:12 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, my parents actually talked to us.
Old 06-11-12, 02:46 PM
Jumper73
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After a bit of research and consideration, I've decided to go with tablets (we have 2 because of 2 kids) + holder solution thanks to this thread. $50 ($25x2) solution seems more logical than $2000+ for entertainment system that basically plays dvd's.

With the money saved here, I'll spend the $$ on more worthwhile project.

Hope OP got the situation resolved, that has to be the worst install job ever.
Old 06-11-12, 08:38 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by happy1977
WTF!!??!! That looked like an amateur installation.
I agree, I would be furious!
Old 06-12-12, 04:53 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Old thread

Just so you know, this thread is from last year and was pretty much rung out. But ......
Originally Posted by Sevn86
I agree, I would be furious!
Old 06-13-12, 09:58 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Just so you know, this thread is from last year and was pretty much rung out. But ......
Ya I realized that after posting my comment...lol