RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Undecided, but may go with Starfire pearl instead of the Tungsten Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 01:18 AM
ecub
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undecided, but may go with Starfire pearl instead of the Tungsten Pearl

I have a car on hold in Starfire Pearl, with a small deposit. I also have all the paperwork done for a Tungsten Pearl. All I have to do is just bring in the money to pay for the Tungsten Pearl. I'm thinking, since they don't have my cash, it's not really a done deal yet. I'm sure many cars fell through due to financing.

Anyways, I'm undecided between the 2 colors. I'm leaning towards the Starfire Pearl (Pearl white), because it has a light gray interior with some black accents. I think it looks more like a luxury vehicle. The Tungsten Pearl (Silver) has a black interior. The silver exterior and black interior, makes it look more like a regular SUV. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I know the light gray interior can get dirtier easier, but I'm planning to get scotch guard treatment, as well as use the Weather tech floor mats. I'm trading in an ES300, which has a beige exterior, with sort of a beige interior, with some dark tan accents. I also have a dark gray PT Cruiser, with black interior. The black interior looks BLAH, especially after having the car for over 7 years. The beige interior in the ES300 still looks appealing, even after 7 years.

I'm planning to get the windows tinted, so having hot seats in the summer will not be a factor.

So do you guys feel the same about going with the White Pearl car and light gray interior?
Old 07-22-11, 03:38 AM
alanadler
Driver School Candidate

I recently purchased a Tungsten Pearl with the light gray interior and it looks great. I like the lighter interior since it seems to open up the cabin area, I find the black makes me feel more constricted (just my claustrophobia acting up I guess). A friend who just bought a GLK350 got a black interior and loves it. Each to his own. So far the light gray hasn't shown dirt (also got the leather treated).
Old 07-22-11, 07:11 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I vote for the Starfire Pearl with the Gray interior. I like the 2 tone effect when they have the gray or the parchment interiors. I think it is a classier look. My Opinion.
Old 07-22-11, 08:06 AM
Hvarsov
Driver School Candidate

I have the starfire pearl with the grey......looks great and stays clean longer....love the color combo.....class look......
Old 07-22-11, 08:29 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Tungsten pearl with black interior here. No worries about looking at dirty seats They are cleaned often BTW. Black is a little more sporty looking IMO.
Old 07-22-11, 09:56 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I vote for the Starfire Pearl with the Gray interior. I like the 2 tone effect when they have the gray or the parchment interiors. I think it is a classier look. My Opinion.
two tone effect is only on the hybrid. it is unclear which model the OP is looking at. But I agree, the two tone interiors on the gray is good looking. I chose black because I am lazy with the leather seats and the dark creases in the leather is going to bother me
Old 07-22-11, 09:58 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Gen3 RX in Washington DC area are dime-a-dozen and every other one I see seems to be Starfire. I love the color but if I knew how common/popular this color was going to be with Gen3, I would have picked another color.
Old 07-22-11, 03:48 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Colors is of personal preference, no offense taken. We chose black coz it's easy on the eyes driving on a bright sunny day, especially snowy days, it's less disctraction for us too. And black is as always, elegant.
Old 07-22-11, 04:38 PM
604hagarr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the starfire pearl, doesn't matter what colour the interior is.
Old 07-22-11, 09:01 PM
ecub
Driver

Thanks for your input. Yeah, color is personal preference. I think too deep into things. I wanted to make sure I got a good color combination, with less maintenance/worries. Unfortunately, I got the Tungsten Pearl (Silver) instead. I came in and told them that I changed my mind and preferred a Starfire Pearl, which was on hold, with the light gray interior. They were, of course, disappointed, but really tried to convince me to change my mind (of course). They worked out a deal with me, which I couldn't really pass up. I got the cross bar, hitch receiver, remote start, extended 8 year/100k warranty, 5 year/50K maintenance (oil changes & tune ups), for a little less than what I was originally quoted. I guess it was good that I had a bargaining chip (another RX450h) on hold at another dealer. I wish I could go to the other dealer and show them the quote to try to beat it. Unfortunately, this dealer already had my car as a trade in.

Last edited by ecub; 07-22-11 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-23-11, 03:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

ecub, don't be disappointed. In your words, you got a great deal. Enjoy your RX and post pictures. Congrats.
Old 07-23-11, 06:48 AM
ecub
Driver

Not really disappointed. I always thought of white being more a feminine color, until I put it on hold, examining other white cars, and realized that it wasn't that bad. I basically grew to liking it allot more. Although the salesman was rather pushy, I was already set in buying it, since the dealer was rather close. But I never really rush into things, especially buying a large purchase. Looked at other color combinations. I decided to check out the other dealer. The salesman I dealt with was real nice, never really tried to push me. The dealership I was familiar with and had good reputation, but was a farther distance (15 minute drive vs 30 minute drive). Basically, I weighed allot of factors; price, options, color, facility/service. The Tungsten Pearl was a good color and the black interior, I'm sure I would grow to like. So I am still very happy
Old 07-23-11, 07:54 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I like the Starfire (my 2010 ES is white) and really like it on the RX. One does see lot of white RX and ES around here.

However, I saw a real clean Tungsten RX yesterday gleaming in the sun and VERY NICE. Good choice IMO.
Old 07-23-11, 09:35 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

ecub, I'm glad to hear you're happy. It was hard to tell from what you said. One thing I did when I considered getting a different color interior (grey) was to check out a demo. I drove a 450h in matador red with the ivory interior. It had maybe 700 miles. I noticed scuff marks, particularly one on the glove compartment, that turned me off from going lighter. Yes, I'm that ****. With black, they're non-existant. This is the second silver/black RX I've had. Obviously I haven't grown tired of the color combo And like LexBob said, it glows. Best of luck.
Old 07-23-11, 02:22 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bright colors are best. J/k. Beauty is in the eye of the beholders.
. Excited? With LEXUS, no car is better than the others (well SUVs are the best.. hahaha). Anyway, Congrats on the new car and enjoy the new ride.

Quick Reply: Undecided, but may go with Starfire pearl instead of the Tungsten Pearl