RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What do you get with a Lexus?

Old 01-09-11, 05:59 PM
LexFather

Yall didn't get happy endings too?
Old 01-09-11, 07:55 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
happy endings??
Old 01-10-11, 04:44 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 130 Posts

What I got? Two keys, pens, keychains, first oil change free voucher, and plenty of other things. My salesperson at my dealer (Lexus of Greenwich) has never done anything but take care of me and my family. Which is why he's earned our business for six cars now.

What you got? Hosed. Granted, I have NEVER heard good things about Longo and I live clear on the opposite coast, so there is that.

Lexus has, in my mind, always been synonymous with customer service. However, as it turns out, like anywhere else, your mileage may vary. I have had frustrating experiences with Lexus of Rockville Centre and Lexus of Edison's service departments. Nothing has ever been as bad as getting into a heated argument with a salesperson though. Clearly this guy did not deserve your business.

Last edited by GrandSedanFan; 01-10-11 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-10-11, 05:34 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not much really, Canadian Lexus comes standard with the winter mats so that wasn't extra. I think the only freebie I received was the cargo net. I should have asked for a touch up paint pen too, but forgot.
Old 01-10-11, 07:31 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/contact/index.html

A quick call to one of the Lexus 1-800 numbers will give you the answer to the # keys given out. Since a great deal of families have 2 different drivers, I assume 2 sets of keys is the standard for any dealer to provide. In addition, the presets for seat/mirror, etc. memories were programmed into each of the 2 keys I got at the dealership prior to driving away. You must have hit one of the worst Lexus dealers (or salesman) in the U.S.
Old 01-10-11, 01:19 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by panyo64
What you got? Hosed. Granted, I have NEVER heard good things about Longo and I live clear on the opposite coast, so there is that.
Never say never. My Dealer is Longo Lexus, have bought my last 3 cars from them, including the 450h and will not hesitate to go back. My Uncle bought his 600h there and my Father bought his LS there. As mentioned before, their entire new car inventory is in an underground parking garage, sheltered from the elements. They have the largest new car inventory in the west, and always have the color & options in the model that I want. I service my cars there as well, as I have been 'hosed' in the past by the 2 Lexus dealers closest to my home . . .
Old 01-10-11, 04:28 PM
ejvette
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The receptionist took care of that immediately after I signed my lease
Old 01-10-11, 05:41 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Baller, your salesman sounds rude. Was he like that when you were negotiating for the car?
Old 01-10-11, 06:39 PM
k9shelly1
Driver

That sounds extremely bad. I sure wouldn't want to go back there for anything unless they make it right.

I worked my deal over the internet at Lexus of San Antonio and wasn't expecting anything other than the great deal I got. I was surprised to get a gift basket which included a bottle of wine, Texas hot sauce, chocolates, two keychains, and some jelly beans. My two key fobs came with two additional key chains and the leather cases. On top of that they included the maintenance for the first 10,000 miles.

Also, they will pick up my RX anytime for major services (15,000/30,000/etc.) or warranty work and drop off a loaner. I must add that I live 170 miles from my dealer. I was very happy and will go back to them.
Old 01-10-11, 07:39 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

page 24 of our 10RX manual clearly shows it comes with 2 keys.
Old 01-11-11, 11:40 AM
Baller5x
Driver School Candidate

He was not this rude when we were buying the car. He pretty acted like he knew everything and as soon as the check was written, you could tell he didn't know anything.
Old 01-11-11, 11:44 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you gotten it squared away as far as getting your 2nd set of keys from the Dealer ?
Old 01-11-11, 04:12 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Baller, Chris McCarty is the GM at Longo (the head honcho) - you need to call him and let him know you're not a happy Lexus owner (626) 580-6200.
Old 01-11-11, 04:43 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by socalJD
Never say never. My Dealer is Longo Lexus, have bought my last 3 cars from them, including the 450h and will not hesitate to go back. My Uncle bought his 600h there and my Father bought his LS there. As mentioned before, their entire new car inventory is in an underground parking garage, sheltered from the elements. They have the largest new car inventory in the west, and always have the color & options in the model that I want. I service my cars there as well, as I have been 'hosed' in the past by the 2 Lexus dealers closest to my home . . .
I amend my previous statement. I have now heard 1 good thing about Longo Lexus.
Old 01-11-11, 05:59 PM
flystone
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really doubt the story OP told is the 100% truth..there are some inconsistencies in his story..

He first said he get one KEY CHAIN and ask for second one and was denied by the sales..
He then said he wants to complain to Lexus Corporate for not receive FREE ALL-WEATHER-MATS..

He then said on his next post that he only receive one key and mention the fight over floor mats w/ the sales..

If he only get one key, whey did he ask for TWO KEY CHAINS??

I have a feeling that he was mad that the sales didn't give him enough freebies such as 2nd key chain or give him free all-weahter mats or he was shoot down when he ask to swap out the stock carpet mats for all weather mats..

I just don't believe there is a sales, any sales that will be DUMB enough to say the new car only comes with one key and to not know what options/accessories comes w/ the car from factory

Last edited by flystone; 01-11-11 at 06:02 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you get with a Lexus?