RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus Advisory Board

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-10, 06:39 AM
rmgmag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Advisory Board

I joined the Lexus Advisory Board back in April 2010.

Today I received the following e mail and want to know if this is legit or a scam.

The Lexus Advisory Board Team is pleased to inform you that you are the winner of a $500 Lexus Visa Gift Card!

Upon receiving your acceptance form, we will mail your Lexus Visa Gift Card to you within the next three to four weeks.

Please complete the attached form within the next 10 business days and email it to:LexusAdvisoryBoardSweepstakes@Synovate.com.

We would like to extend our gratitude to you for taking part in the Lexus Advisory Board. We value your opinion and appreciate your willingness to help us develop top quality premium products that bear the Lexus name.

Thank you,

Lexus Advisory Board Team

Here is a copy of the letter:

NAME OF SWEEPSTAKES AND SPONSOR: Lexus Advisory Board Sweepstakes

I am submitting this Declaration and Release Form in connection with the above-named Sweepstakes and my claim for a prize under that Sweepstakes. In order to make my claim for a prize, and understanding that these representations will be relied upon to determine whether I am entitled to receive the prize for which my entry has been selected, I make the following representations:
I am legally residing in the US;

I have reached the age of majority in my State of residence at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes;

Neither I nor any member of my immediate family is an employee, agent or representative of the Sponsor or Vision Critical Communications Inc. (“VCCI”) or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries or advertising agencies or of any entity specifically excluded in the official rules of the Sweepstakes

I submitted only one entry for every Sweepstakes study completed during the Sweepstakes period

I have complied with all the rules and regulations of the Sweepstakes and that I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in entering or in claiming my prize

I have not tampered with or abused any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the panel website

I agree and hold the Sponsor and VCCI, together with their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotions agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, licensees and assigns harmless against all and any losses, costs, claims, demands, damages, actions causes of action or any liability for personal injury, property damage, death, illness or accident resulting from my entrance in the Sweepstakes or the winning, acceptance of or use of the prize I receive in connection with the Sweepstakes promotion or any claim based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.

I further agree and hold VCCI harmless for the failure of the Sponsor to deliver the prize to me in accordance with the Sweepstakes rules and regulations. I understand that neither the Sponsor nor VCCI will obtain insurance on my behalf, and that I am fully responsible for obtaining my own insurance, should I desire it.

I do hereby give the Sponsor, VCCI and their respective advertising agencies, agents and assignees full permission and authority to use, publish and display my first name/last initial city, state, comments, voice and photograph or other likeness for advertising or other related purposes in any media without additional compensation.

I agree to return to the Sponsor any prize which may be awarded to me if any statement made by me in this Declaration and Release Form is false or misleading. I acknowledge that VCCI may in its discretion suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or the awarding of prizes if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or the proper implementation of the Sweepstakes.

I also consent to the disclosure to third parties of my name, address and such other limited personal information as may be required to fulfill the prize in the event that VCCI or Sponsor elects to use the services of a third party for such limited purpose.
Signed:________________________________ Date:__________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-23-10, 09:57 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I have filled out about 6 of their surveys and don't remember seeing anything about a sweepstakes. Having said that, you are not giving them any information that they could not already get from the phone book or one of those online background check places.

I would be tempted to scribble an unidentifiable signature on the form and send it back.

Last edited by wa3cuj; 06-23-10 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-23-10, 12:51 PM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What in the world is the Lexus advisory board?
Old 06-23-10, 04:23 PM
psu77
Rookie

I remember seeing the chance to win a $500 gift card (to give you motivation to fill out the survey). It looks legit to me. Congratulations.
Old 07-01-10, 11:57 AM
rmgmag
Driver School Candidate

It was legit.

I got the $500 Gift Card today.
Old 07-01-10, 05:12 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I received a request to fill out another survey yesterday. It did mention the $500 card so I was quick to respond!
Old 07-02-10, 06:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I'd like to know where all these companies are coming from. Over the past few months, I received several e-mails and mailings looking for my opinion, including from Lexus directly, but not the Lexus Advisory Board. What gives? I've had RXs for almost 12 years and never had this happen before.