RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

rear suspension squeek

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-10, 08:01 AM
mogy2010Rx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rxets, you also mentioned that the dealer said something about a "coil" what ever became of that? Did they just do the shock, and skipped doing anything with that?
Old 05-31-10, 07:27 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I said nothing to the dealer, but the squeaking noise from the rear end or rear suspensions was mentioned when making the service appointment. Then, they spend 2 hours to pinpoint the source and lubricate lots of items. After the road tests with their tech lead and another 2 hours passed by, they finally believe the noise might be caused by "coil". I asked if it could be "shock" or something. He said they ordered the whole kit, including the coil spring and the shock absorber. They would check further in my next visit...

2 weeks later, they confirmed it's the shock absorber.

They may be replacing the whole things (shock absorbers and coil springs mounted to the wishbones), or they just did the shock absorbers... dunno.
Old 09-16-10, 07:38 PM
mogy2010Rx
Driver School Candidate

As promised, and after 3 months of back and forth to the dealer, my squeak is finally gone. We informed the dealer of the recent findings of other owners (found here on this forum), that it was the shocks. The dealer wanted to first swap the shocks, and the noise was still there, then they replaced one of the shocks, the noise was still there. Then we went to take the car in and it wasnt squeaking! Well, we finally got it to them when it was squeaking and they finally changed the other shock, and finally no squeak. They claim the shock was infact bad. (Why they didnt change both at once, I dont know, but it was under warranty, so they were the boss). My ear, is unfortunately still so sensitive to every noise, as I feel like the squeak will start again, due to the length of time I had to endure the noise, but so far so good. It has been 3 weeks and no squeaks. My fingers remain crossed.
Old 05-26-12, 07:42 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Can owners who had this done please update your status? I recently experience this issue. Thank you.
Old 05-26-12, 04:12 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

my driver front squeaks.
Old 06-02-12, 01:32 AM
FDToth
Driver School Candidate

I have a similar problem too.
I wrote to another topic, so i just linke it: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...kes-noise.html
Suspension or brake? We don't know....
Old 06-02-12, 11:48 AM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Can owners who had this done please update your status? I recently experience this issue. Thank you.
Got 63k miles and suspension still quiet ( knock on wood ) that's about 40k miles since we got the rear shocks replaced.
Old 06-04-12, 09:01 AM
mogy2010Rx
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE: I last posted Sept 2010, regarding shock squeek, or high pitched tweet, coming from rear of car. Well dealer changed the shock, that was making the noise, however I believe they didint do both and lo and behold the other shock is now making the same noise. So it is back to the dealer once again to explain to them what the noise is and where it is. This is really ridiculous. I am wondering if anyone has gotten a concrete answer from any dealer about what exactly the problem is. Are the shocks mounted in a way that the shocks go bad due to the angle? or did i just get bad shocks? Could it be something else? Maybe the fact that they just changed one shock is my problem and once they do the other one my problems will be solved. HOWEVER, if anyone has gotten an answer from their dealer on the issue I would love to know so that I can go to my dealier with authority and be able to tell them what to do (not that that would do any good....)
thanks
Old 06-04-12, 12:25 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Scheduled an appointment, came in and drove the SA around the block BUT no squeaks. SA said the suspension will make some kind of noises since it flexes and told me to bring it back if it is really back. The car was near empty so it is lighter. I filled up the tank and it squeaks now. I will bring it out again (with a full tank ) to have him look at it again.
Old 06-05-12, 10:28 AM
FDToth
Driver School Candidate

Today i met the Hungarian importer at the retailer.
On our cars, we have several strange noise, not just from the rear part of the car.
Unfortunately the service d'ont know what is the problem exactly.
The importer mentioned that there are many problems like this in Europe and all over the World.
Maybe in septembre a new mounting (rocker) will be avaible but it is not sure.
I dont know what to do with this, i am redeless...
Old 06-13-12, 08:57 AM
FDToth
Driver School Candidate

So few days ago, our cars has been viewed by the Lexus retailer and by the Toyota Motor Hungary.
I uploaded two videos (both are our cars) about these noise from the rear suspension/brake/tyre - we don't know.

At the retailer, we tried a new RX450h 2012 (4 miles) and a brand new Rx 450h 2013 (50 miles) and both of them have that noise what you can hear on the video.

This problem is known by Lexus all over the world. Has anyone noticed a problem like this?

Sincerely,

FDToth
Old 06-13-12, 04:09 PM
jacsonlin
Driver School Candidate

Default Do you know why have sound like this?

The reason in the rim size. The best rim for rx350 and rx450h is 18. The 19 is not suit for rx350 and rx450h.
Old 06-13-12, 04:13 PM
jacsonlin
Driver School Candidate

By the way, the rx350 with basic 18 rim that it never have so many problems like other edition with 19 rim.
Old 06-14-12, 12:09 AM
FDToth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jacsonlin
By the way, the rx350 with basic 18 rim that it never have so many problems like other edition with 19 rim.
Thank you for the answer!
Maybe the problem is what you have written but it is strange that the test car (RX450h 2013) has 18 rim and has the same problem (maybe the sound is little bit lower).

In hungary the Rx 350 is not officially sold so we can't try it. By the way there are many RX 450h USA models so maybe...
Old 06-14-12, 09:55 AM
garfull
Rookie

My rear squeak came about 10k miles right after the service. They changed out the rear shocks at 15 or 20k but that didnt fix it. They finally replaced the rear trailing arms with the 2011 arms and that fixed it. They said there was some interference and the new arms were slightly different.

Quick Reply: rear suspension squeek