ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   leaving keyfob in unlocked 2010 RX350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/488865-leaving-keyfob-in-unlocked-2010-rx350.html)

rftuck 03-17-10 10:52 AM

leaving keyfob in unlocked 2010 RX350

I notice that if we leave the keyfob in the unlocked SUV that it blinks the little red light on the keyfob. Is this running down the keyfob battery and should we not leave the keyfob in the SUV?

LeoDLion 03-17-10 01:57 PM

When I accidentally left my key fob inside the Rx and close the door, it made a loud quick beeping sound. I was impressed.

rftuck 03-17-10 02:34 PM

Was the keyfob red led light blinking while in your RX?

integlikew 03-17-10 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by rftuck (Post 5320975)
I notice that if we leave the keyfob in the unlocked SUV that it blinks the little red light on the keyfob. Is this running down the keyfob battery and should we not leave the keyfob in the SUV?

I don't know If it blinks since its in my pocket all the time, but common sense tells me if a light is on or blinking it is useng the battery and will wear the battery down sometime.

Also I don't think many people leave the key in the car, since it wont lock. If they do its only for a quick sec. so I wouldn't worry to much.

rftuck 03-17-10 04:24 PM

I am trying to get my wife not to leave the keyfob in the Rx. Hopefully she will abide.

integlikew 03-17-10 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by rftuck (Post 5321869)
I am trying to get my wife not to leave the keyfob in the Rx. Hopefully she will abide.

Should have told us that in the beginning. I would have told you to give up. :D

Ohh and where do you park this RX with the key in it might I add? LOL

LeoDLion 03-18-10 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by rftuck (Post 5321623)
Was the keyfob red led light blinking while in your RX?

I just tested it. No the key fob is not blinking. As soon as I try to lock the car, a blinking message shows up "Key inside the cabin". Then a high pitch sound. When I recover the key inside the cabin and lock, the sound and message went away.

rftuck 03-18-10 07:33 AM

Where does the blinking message show up, on the nav screen or ?

jimmyford1 03-18-10 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by LeoDLion (Post 5323342)
I just tested it. No the key fob is not blinking. As soon as I try to lock the car, a blinking message shows up "Key inside the cabin". Then a high pitch sound. When I recover the key inside the cabin and lock, the sound and message went away.

As you found out, the car will not lock with a key inside by touching the door handle. If you have a need to lock the car with a key inside, you can do it by pushing the lock button on the second remote. You will also have to unlock using the remote.

integlikew 03-18-10 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyford1 (Post 5323549)
As you found out, the car will not lock with a key inside by touching the door handle. If you have a need to lock the car with a key inside, you can do it by pushing the lock button on the second remote. You will also have to unlock using the remote.

Good to know I didn't think it would lock even with the 2nd remote.

integlikew 03-18-10 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by rftuck (Post 5323527)
Where does the blinking message show up, on the nav screen or ?

In the middle of gauges on the dash.

Same thing if you try to start the car with out the key, or get out of the car with the key in your pocket while its running. It will say "KEY NOT DETECTED" in that same place.

jskennedy 03-18-10 12:31 PM

where is the light on your key fob

i must have the unlit version

DaveGS4 03-18-10 12:38 PM

Don't leave the keyfob in the car. Your vehicle and the FOB will "talk" to each other all the time when they're in a close distance and you will run down the battery.

Have seen other threads about this with members who experienced it - can't find them this second.

kitlz 03-18-10 01:00 PM

That makes sense since changing the battery is now part of the service. Thanks!

wyau01 03-18-10 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyford1 (Post 5323549)

Didn't try that, but you could lock the car using the metal key.