RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How's the initial quality of your RX350?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-09, 06:01 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was a pic from 2007 that was speculated to be the 2010 RX. It doesn't look too bad

Old 11-07-09, 06:05 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
Wow, I hope that's not the 16RX, IMO flat out ugly
I agree. It looks like a minivan.
Old 11-08-09, 02:13 AM
Rookie

looks like the matrix.
Old 11-08-09, 05:50 AM
1Gunner
Driver School Candidate

So far so good!!
There was a very annoying whistling coming from the vent system, but we fiddled with the controls until it went away, and so far.... it hasn't returned....so far!!
Old 11-08-09, 11:15 PM
samdlx
Driver School Candidate

I have electrical problems with the RX, randomly the park tronic sensors make noise even when I am cruising on the high way. Also sometimes when i turn on the head lights the music cuts off for one second.

some times the Nav screen gets stuck on the phone calling and wont change to anything else.

its a shame, i liked the car but will probably sell it, it has 4000 km.
Old 11-09-09, 08:29 AM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by samdlx
I have electrical problems with the RX, randomly the park tronic sensors make noise even when I am cruising on the high way. Also sometimes when i turn on the head lights the music cuts off for one second.

some times the Nav screen gets stuck on the phone calling and wont change to anything else.

its a shame, i liked the car but will probably sell it, it has 4000 km.
Do parktronic sensors come straight from the factory (from Japan, I would presume), or are installed at the port or by the dealer?

It could be the wiring got messed up during install. Did you take it to the dealer to have the issues diagnosed and fixed?
Old 11-09-09, 09:56 AM
MSW
Driver School Candidate

An update to our initial problem of rain-sensing wipers not working.

I finally called the Lexus dealer a few days ago and they told us to bring the car right in. After keeping the car for a few hours (they gave my wife a courtesy car) they call to say it was ready. They fixed the rain-sensing wipers and the non-working intermittant wiper problems, but we never did find out why they did not working in the first place.

Other than that we've had no problems that we know of with our car. I have to admit that there are still a number of features on the car that we have not tried.
Old 11-17-09, 08:53 AM
yozh
Driver School Candidate

I have an issue and maybe its just me....

I dont have NAV and I dont understand why I cant have it not auto-play when it connects ? Also the contacts, seems that when I send contacts via bluetooth from phone, first it doesnt let me send the whole phonebook it sends the first contact then fails, that first contact shows up, but it looks like I have to add a Voice entry to it ? Does every entry need a voice name ?????

Another major issue is driving, I feel like I feel every single bump in the road, I had a 2004 RX330 and it drove like a luxury car this feels like a TRUCK, on the highway it seems to be smooth, but on a regular road and on speed bumps I can feel it going thru me, I can feel shacking going thru potholes, cracks in the road etc...... Anyone else ? Is it just my RX ?
Old 11-17-09, 09:31 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yozh
I have an issue and maybe its just me....

I dont have NAV and I dont understand why I cant have it not auto-play when it connects ? Also the contacts, seems that when I send contacts via bluetooth from phone, first it doesnt let me send the whole phonebook it sends the first contact then fails, that first contact shows up, but it looks like I have to add a Voice entry to it ? Does every entry need a voice name ?????

Another major issue is driving, I feel like I feel every single bump in the road, I had a 2004 RX330 and it drove like a luxury car this feels like a TRUCK, on the highway it seems to be smooth, but on a regular road and on speed bumps I can feel it going thru me, I can feel shacking going thru potholes, cracks in the road etc...... Anyone else ? Is it just my RX ?
Can't speak to the Bluetooth issue, but several people noted that their tires were over-inflated at delivery. Check your tire pressure, and set it for the PSI noted in the door jamb.

Sandi
Old 11-17-09, 10:04 AM
gr8330
Rookie

My RX450H looses the memory for the seats, mirrors, and steering wheel at least twice a week. I have nave and my screen wont stay on the audio screen it goes back to the map.
Old 11-17-09, 10:05 AM
txt
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire over-inflation

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Can't speak to the Bluetooth issue, but several people noted that their tires were over-inflated at delivery. Check your tire pressure, and set it for the PSI noted in the door jamb.

Sandi
On the 2010 RX, the car may have low profile tires (19-inch wheel) which have stiffer sidewalls and may translate into stiffer ride.

I don't know why the dealership had to over-inflate the tires.
When I received my 2009 RX, the tires were inflated to 40 PSI (cold) while the recommended number was 30 PSI.
I dropped it down to 32 PSI and the ride was a lot more quiet.
Old 11-17-09, 10:14 AM
yozh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sandi_k

Sandi
Hey thanks for the tip, I was talking to my buddy and he was saying the same thing, I will try. Now if I can only figure out the bluetooth thing
Old 11-17-09, 11:19 AM
jay_man2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gr8330
My RX450H looses the memory for the seats, mirrors, and steering wheel at least twice a week. I have nave and my screen wont stay on the audio screen it goes back to the map.
There's a setting to stop the NAV screen from reverting back to the map screen. That's the first thing I changed when I picked up my RX 350.
Old 11-17-09, 12:04 PM
yozh
Driver School Candidate

So I guess I should post a separate post about my bluetooth issues....
Old 11-17-09, 12:06 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

I agree with the rough ride. I feel every bump. Driving over potholes on the passenger side, also causes a noticeable rattle in the cargo area. I had to remove the two luggage (tonneau) covers just to make in bearable--but there still seems to be a rattle from the rear seats. I took it to the dealer and it was deemed "in spec."

I have the 19" rims. Tire pressure is the first thing I checked--it is as it should be.

Quick Reply: How's the initial quality of your RX350?