RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Potental Buyer, Rattles, Price

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 07:52 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,
Nice work and congrats! I just looked back at your first entry and you went from $1k off to $2300. off to $3k off just by sticking to your guns. Certainly well worth it! It's a shame that as a 5x? repeat customer, you had to go through that crap but it is what it is. Did they also give you a reasonable amount for your trade? Have you figured out what you're going to spend the saved money on? Some nice accessories? Enjoy. It's a great car.
Old 10-21-09, 09:48 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jclem
Mike,
Nice work and congrats! I just looked back at your first entry and you went from $1k off to $2300. off to $3k off just by sticking to your guns. Certainly well worth it! It's a shame that as a 5x? repeat customer, you had to go through that crap but it is what it is. Did they also give you a reasonable amount for your trade? Have you figured out what you're going to spend the saved money on? Some nice accessories? Enjoy. It's a great car.
I wondered the same as you about going through the typical car sales bull. My original offer to the sales manager was $3000 of MSRP and KBB trade-in value for my car. So after all the haggling, we agreed on the new car discount, but about $1500 below KBB for my car. I guess I left a little money on the table but I was worn out. Possibly I could have saved $500-$1000 more by traveling to Houston, but that was an unknown. Even though this sales manager didn't show a lot of loyalty for my return business, at least with the price, I did get some perks that I probably wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

Overall I'm happy with the deal and I am anxious to pick up MY Rx in about 2 hours after it is finished being detailed. I am going to have to get used to the noises from the rear of the RX that are more pronounced than a sedan because of the fold down seats and open trunk area. Can't wait to give it a good wax job.

Mike
Old 10-22-09, 07:00 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeP
I wondered the same as you about going through the typical car sales bull. My original offer to the sales manager was $3000 of MSRP and KBB trade-in value for my car. So after all the haggling, we agreed on the new car discount, but about $1500 below KBB for my car. I guess I left a little money on the table but I was worn out. Possibly I could have saved $500-$1000 more by traveling to Houston, but that was an unknown. Even though this sales manager didn't show a lot of loyalty for my return business, at least with the price, I did get some perks that I probably wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

Overall I'm happy with the deal and I am anxious to pick up MY Rx in about 2 hours after it is finished being detailed. I am going to have to get used to the noises from the rear of the RX that are more pronounced than a sedan because of the fold down seats and open trunk area. Can't wait to give it a good wax job.

Mike
Congrats Mike!

Good job on sticking to your guns and getting the bigger discount. See, you saved money, they made a little money but you're happy.

I never see the need to get the absolute lowest price I've ever seen on the internet (a lot of times it's from a person with 1 post and they suspiciously disappear questioning the validity of their claim anyway) but I don't mind if the dealership makes some money.

A few quick thoughts from your previous post:
1. Hold off on the foam for a little bit for the rattles. Make sure it's not the cargo cover in the rear. Had it, went away, had it, went away. You'll figure out how to solve that one without an foam I think.

2. Voice recognition - I'm pretty sure I like this one a LOT better than both of my Infiniti's systems. Here's the trick - you don't have to listen to the repeat prompts and you don't have to wait to say something until after the annoying lady speaks. Just double press the 'talk' button and you'll skip right to the 2nd level menu and just say what you are requesting. If you press once you have to listen to a prompt, then say what you want and then wait for a repeat or the 2nd level menu options. Try hitting that button twice on occassion and see how much more efficient it is!

Good luck and enjoy!

Your automobile anonymous buddy - Jay
Old 10-22-09, 08:15 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Congrats Mike!

A few quick thoughts from your previous post:
1. Hold off on the foam for a little bit for the rattles. Make sure it's not the cargo cover in the rear. Had it, went away, had it, went away. You'll figure out how to solve that one without an foam I think.

2. Voice recognition - I'm pretty sure I like this one a LOT better than both of my Infiniti's systems. Here's the trick - you don't have to listen to the repeat prompts and you don't have to wait to say something until after the annoying lady speaks. Just double press the 'talk' button and you'll skip right to the 2nd level menu and just say what you are requesting. If you press once you have to listen to a prompt, then say what you want and then wait for a repeat or the 2nd level menu options. Try hitting that button twice on occasion and see how much more efficient it is!

Good luck and enjoy!

Your automobile anonymous buddy - Jay
Hey AA Buddy,

I've discovered that the noise is not coming from the cargo cover, but the backrest of the back seat on the passenger side. It vibrates when going over bumps. At this point, I don't see any fix because the rear fold down seats have no anchor points on the backrests. There's also some "leather squeaks" which I'm going to fix with Lexol or some other conditioner. Other than that, I have decided to make a MAJOR life change and accept noises as sweet music in a fantastic car. We'll see if I learn to believe that more than you!

Thanks for the great tip on the voice recognition. That will save time.

Mike
Old 11-09-09, 12:03 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jskennedy
no noise from cargo cover after 3k miles

i do have the B pillar noise, very annoying next to my ear, after 2 visits to dealer they're suppose to replace seat belt component next week. i'm not convinced it's the belt, sounds more like the door to me, we'll see
the seat belt part replacement, which took 2 weeks to install, did not resolve my B pillar rattle

i drove several hours on the interstate this weekend & honed in to the sound

today i started spraying some lithium grease on the door seals where i was hearing the sound & noticed there's a plastic cover around the interior of the window that pops off

when i moved the cover around it produced the same tone as the rattle i hear

so i popped the cover & greased the inside of it where it contacted the door around the spot i was hearing the noise

if this doesn't work i'm going to try placing some felt stickers inside the plastic cover

Last edited by jskennedy; 11-09-09 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-09-09, 12:25 PM
2AUD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 rx 350

I purchased the RX 350. I got 3k off the sticker price. Sold my IS350 to CarMax for 29k.
The cargo area cover does rattle and it bugs me.
I love this car overall, except the bluetooth doesn't impress me. I can hear the caller fine but everyone tells me I sound "garbled" like I'm in a tunnel.
All bluetooth kits sound like your in a tunnel and I can deal with that. The garbling is a deal breaker if you use the phone as much as I do.
I read through a few threads and found the system access menu and increased the level to 4. There is a setting for mic level but I cannot figure out how to change it. This is how I accessed it.
Hold down the "menu" button on the mouse and turn your headlights on and off four times. The menu pops up. Make sure the car is running.
Old 11-09-09, 12:34 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AUD
Hold down the "menu" button on the mouse and turn your headlights on and off four times. The menu pops up. Make sure the car is running.
cool, interesting menu, was able to access mine w/ the car off but in accessory mode

know how to access any other hidden options ?
Old 11-09-09, 01:13 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a rattle from the rear cargo cover which I already posted in another thread. I found that two out of four clips got loose. What I did was to take off the cargo cover completely and store it in the house. End of rattle. This is that part that attaches to the rear door and about 4 inches in width. Its not needed really. I also remove the cargo cover itself since I also dont need it. There is enough tint in the rear glass for people not to see inside.

Aside from this rattle, there is no more. I think I am hearing a high pitch sound today. I will watch that.
Old 11-10-09, 12:08 PM
Smejak
Driver School Candidate

Look guys ...what are you arguing about ?

I paid 109.000 USD (760.000 SEK) for my black RX450 Executive a couple of weeks back - it has NAV, 19" and the rest. It´s the top model in Sweden - still it doesn´t have remote. As I´ve been driving Chrysler Voyager for the last 20 odd yrs I can´t hear any rattle....and I got 3.500 USD as a discount so I probably should be happy

Stefan
Askersund, Sweden
Old 11-10-09, 12:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Smejak
Look guys ...what are you arguing about ?

I paid 109.000 USD (760.000 SEK) for my black RX450 Executive a couple of weeks back - it has NAV, 19" and the rest. It´s the top model in Sweden - still it doesn´t have remote. As I´ve been driving Chrysler Voyager for the last 20 odd yrs I can´t hear any rattle....and I got 3.500 USD as a discount so I probably should be happy

Stefan
Askersund, Sweden
Congrats!!! Good story
Old 10-10-13, 06:45 PM
roadbug
Driver School Candidate

Default my front rattle is coming from steering column on my 2010 rx350 . any suggestions on

anyone had this problem and is there a fix.