RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 12-31-17, 02:33 PM
Cheryllee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 RX450h

Loaded
Dark red Black interior
QUOTE=Welcome to CL;8389538]Members,

When you get your RX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. RX350 or RX450h
2. Navigation or no navigation
3. Color or the exterior and interior
4. Option Packages
5. Sport model? 18s or 19s

Other details such as pictures you might have of your RX or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus![/QUOTE]
Old 01-03-18, 04:17 AM
Wes45
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Folks, I bought a 2015 RX350 on New Year's Day for my wife and so glad to be part of the SUV family.
There were over 230 2015 RX350's on Cars.com in the DFW metroplex so with that info was able to get a great deal.
Silver lining metallic with light gray leather interior. 32,000 miles, local owner with original purchase date of 7/15 so we have 18,000 miles or 18 months of factory warranty left.

Options include Comfort Package, 19" Alum Alloy wheels, Navigation System, Intuitive Parking Assist, Premium Package, Towing Prep Package, Wood and Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift **** and Cargo Net, Mat, Wheel Locks & Key Gloves. Sticker price was $49,989.

It is exactly what my wife wanted so we be blessed. Still have her 2007 ES350 in the family, we gave it to her mother so she could get rid of her crappy Saturn. Happy New Year, happy wife, happy life!!
Old 01-08-18, 01:24 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile so true...

Originally Posted by Wes45
Hi Folks, I bought a 2015 RX350 on New Year's Day for my wife and so glad to be part of the SUV family.
There were over 230 2015 RX350's on Cars.com in the DFW metroplex so with that info was able to get a great deal.
Silver lining metallic with light gray leather interior. 32,000 miles, local owner with original purchase date of 7/15 so we have 18,000 miles or 18 months of factory warranty left.

Options include Comfort Package, 19" Alum Alloy wheels, Navigation System, Intuitive Parking Assist, Premium Package, Towing Prep Package, Wood and Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift **** and Cargo Net, Mat, Wheel Locks & Key Gloves. Sticker price was $49,989.

It is exactly what my wife wanted so we be blessed. Still have her 2007 ES350 in the family, we gave it to her mother so she could get rid of her crappy Saturn. Happy New Year, happy wife, happy life!!
When you say... "happy wife, happy life!!" this so true !...
Happy to see you happy and Happy new Year 2018 from Annecy (France), close to Geneva (in Switzerland, Europe)
Old 01-18-18, 10:23 AM
PChristie
Driver School Candidate

RX350 AWD
Fire Agate Pearl
from Canada so temperature reads in centimeters
Just got this 1/17/18
Drove 2002 RX300 that I bought used also for 8 years.
This one rides a little tougher
I am excited about getting it. So need help setting it up etc, figuring out where all the features are.
Glad this place is here, I have already learned some things.
Old 01-19-18, 04:02 AM
Airbalance
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PChristie
RX350 AWD
Fire Agate Pearl
from Canada so temperature reads in centimeters
Just got this 1/17/18
Drove 2002 RX300 that I bought used also for 8 years.
This one rides a little tougher
I am excited about getting it. So need help setting it up etc, figuring out where all the features are.
Glad this place is here, I have already learned some things.
centimetres a metric unit of length, equal to one hundredth of a meter.
Celsius is the si unit of measure, 0°C water freezes, 100°C water boils , what could be easier 😉
The following users liked this post:
PChristie (01-22-18)
Old 01-22-18, 05:35 AM
MacCat
Rookie

The RX 350 has become my new favorite car!
I think the secret is that it was built in CANADA !!!!
(( One wonders how much our new Tariffs will add to the future costs of this model ))

Since I was in the shop for a two day repair (brakes and an O2 sensor at 95,000 miles) for my 2010 RX-350,
I took the opportunity to test drive an NX (not impressed - noisy, bumpy ride, annoying layout, sharp edges inside)
and the newer RX 350 (not a fan on the styling, smaller driver's window, same dumb navigation system and glare off the dashboard).

The 2015 model is delightfully updated since 2010, without many changes in the good and familiar.
I liked the placement of the new LED running lights, tail lights, and newer style fog lamps.
The updated Nav system and menu shortcuts were much appreciate.
The HomeLink remote was moved to the rear view mirror, but it works better and syncs faster than before.
(I always hit the wrong over-head button on my 2010 RX, groping around for the gate opener ... annoying)
My phone synced in less than a minute! Same Voice command menu - recognized everything and put menus on the screen.
I uploaded all of my address book and the Blind spot warning system makes me more confident.
The back and front sensors are the same, but cross-traffic alerts while backing up really pays off in commercial parking lots.

My Lexus Certified car came with new floor mats, new windshield, and new tires.
The CarFax was clean and they checked for active recalls (none).
I can't wait for my first road trip!

Last edited by MacCat; 03-09-18 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-23-18, 07:11 AM
RX4UNME
Driver School Candidate

2010 RX 350
Beige on Beige
Wanted navigation but couldn’t find one at the time
Right @ about 126,000 miles and runs like a champ!
Ive had an Acura RDX before but nothing beats an RX
Old 01-27-18, 12:38 PM
Wunker
Driver School Candidate

2015 RX 350; Grey, Black Interior
Comfort Package; Nav
Premium Package
Towing Prep Package
19" Wheels

This is our second 3rd gen RX; First was a 2010 450h, purchased at when gas was $4-5 / gallon. Traded it this week when it hit 146K. We had no substantive issues except one L front unit bearing that was replaced around 115K. However fuel mileage began to drop noticeably over last two years, especially during the last couple MT winters. In the end the I'm confident the minimal over-all fuel savings fell well short of the premium paid for the hybrid when combined with the increased depreciation caused by main stream fear of high mileage maintenance of the same. Of two Lexus's on one Acura ('04 Acura MDX w/190K, '07 ES w/155K, and '10 RX 450h) the latter was by far the worst hit we've taken on resale/trade. Other reason for moving away from the hybrid was the strikingly poor performance of the 450h "all wheel" drive-(ISH) system - it did not perform well when things got slick.

Needless to say we didn't hate the 450 as we purchased another 3rd gen RX! It's just a case where the 350 appears to be a far better value. Looking forward to sharing with experiences with group - I'm what I think most would consider to be an advanced back-yard mechanic but that said this is the one car that I hope to not turn wrenches on - would prefer to save that for the 69 FJ40, '04 Dodge Cummins (put a motor in it!) and the bikes (KTM and Honda dirt bikes and '10 Harley Road King Classic).
Old 01-28-18, 02:13 PM
ChenzoRX
Driver School Candidate

• 1. 2015 RX350
  • 2. Navigation
  • 3. Deep Sea Mica exterior with Black interior
  • 4. F Sport
  • 5. 19 inch gunmetal grey rims
Also have a :
  • 1. 2005 RX330
  • 2. Navigation
  • 3. Neptune Blue Mica exterior with Grey interior
  • 4. AWD w/ tow package
  • 5. Standard silver 5 spoke rims
Hey everyone, glad to be here. Hope to learn some good things from this group. Cya around
Old 01-30-18, 05:16 PM
DDRXF
4th Gear

Just picked up a CPO 14 F Sport in Nebula Grey and Black interior. It replaced my Focus ST and will become my wife’s DD and I’ll be on the hunt for something fun. I’ll post pics in the F Sport thread.
Old 03-02-18, 12:29 PM
jeffbarn
Driver School Candidate

Default New 2013 RX450H owner

Hi all,
  • 2013 RX450h AWD
  • Navigation
  • White Pearl exterior with Black interior
  • Comfort + Luxury package with BDM, HUD, ML Audio, Tow pkg, Park assist, Pre-collision/Radar Cruise Control.
  • 19 inch gunmetal rims
Just picked up 2013 RX450h AWD! I've had a 2004 RX330 that we ran till it had 180,000 miles. I gave my daughter an SC300 to drive in high-school, college and early first job. When we sold the SC300 it had 220K miles and only repairs were a fuel pressure regulator and a relay and it ran great with not a hint of smoke.

We currently have a 2011 Highlander Limited (and 3 older Porsche's and a Nissan Leaf, but that is another story). We love the Highlander (beautiful blue/tan color) around town, but even with the seat extenders and nice leather, we found the seats uncomfortable to the point of being unbearable on long trips. We never had that problem with RX330.

Anyway after looking long and hard for RX450H AWD (decided price difference so small and we do see some snow now and then and go to VT yearly for ski trip) with the Luxury package (so I could get the softer leather and seat extenders) we narrowed it down to two2013 R450h AWDs. One with 60K miles, but not the Luxury package. After looking for 2 months only saw 2 within 500 miles of Raleigh with Luxury package. It did have the beautiful saddle interior, I love that color! Dealer was a no-haggle one with 26.5K price which seemed fare, but not great.

The other RX450h AWD that did have the luxury package (at Honda dealer who did not advertise that package or any included features). I saw picture showing the seat extender and it also had fussy picture that looked like it might have ML Audio systems (again, dealer did not list, I don't think they even knew). Issue: it had 105K miles. This one was on the dealers lot for over 2 months as I think folks that were willing to buy with over 100K miles went with earlier style 2010/11's at lower cost (they were asking 20.5K). The carfax showed owners (2), no accidents, and both owners lived in very small Tennessee towns about 60 miles from any major city and it had all Lexus maintenance details (same dealer) every 5K miles right up to last one at 104K miles). Given this info, it was definitely a highway miles car that was well cared for. Got seller to send some close ups of drivers seat cushion which looked to be in very nice condition. Also, car had window tint on front windows (that really helps leather not age) and that clear bra film on front, side mirrors, and area behind all the door pulls that get finger nail scratches as well as on the door edges + the lexus door guards. Original owner did not want any paint scratches or rock chips!

I decided to make a low ball offer of 19K and they tried to push me up closer to 19.8K, but I said, hey look, this is not selling and there are many similar (but older) RX450H's for $2-4K less. In the end we agreed to 19.2K and they claimed they sold it for trade-in value and only made the "dealer doc fees," of $600.

So I pick it up and drive it home (3 hrs away, took the train) and get 31.5 MPG on way home...I am impressed! Was from Charlotte to Raleigh, so slightly down hill

Also, love the ML sound system, but very low bass seems a tad week. Anyway, I get home and pull out the 3 inch think(!!!) set of manuals and what do I find? The original window sticker. The original owner checked every box! In addition to comfort and Luxury package (with BSM) and ML Audio, it also has HUD, NAV, Park Assist, pre-collision and Radar cruise, and the Towing prep package for a total of 63K window price. Wow and I blown away! So, for 105K miles, I get the RX for less than 20% of window sticker VS 50% for the one with 60K miles.

Jeff

Last edited by jeffbarn; 03-04-18 at 07:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-18, 12:12 PM
MacCat
Rookie

2015 RX 350
30,000 miles
White exterior, cream interior leather, FWD
Locally leased car for two years.
Navigation system is new and improved.
Cell phone took about 2 minutes to sync - one step !
The remote control cloner (HomeLink) moved to the mirror and it syncs much faster, too.
The Nav screen is noticeably brighter than my 2013 RX 350.
The mouse/cursor no longer has a click button, but it functions well.
Disappointed they didn't advance to a touch screen, but I love the familiar controls, and fewer of them.
The seats have at least one additional electric adjustment (under the knees).
It's assembled in Canada, not Japan.

This car was sold as Lexus Certified pre-owned.
It included new tires and a new windshield.

No defects or signs of abuse were found.
Clean CarFax report.
No active recalls.

It took me over a year to find this model on-line, at the right price and low milage.
Old 03-08-18, 12:28 PM
dmandrsn
Driver School Candidate

2012 CPO Matador Red Mica RX 350 Parchment Interior. Beautiful Vehicle!
Two year warranty.
56,825 miles
Sunroof, heated seats, FWD, newer tires
On dealer lot four days.
FL snowbird car
Traded in a 2011 Silverado.
Great transaction with Greg of Scanlon Lexus Ft Myers

Old 03-15-18, 04:31 AM
Aleximus
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings all,
New to the forum but lurked enough for the last 2.5 weeks to claim up a month worth of reading ; )
I just acquired a grey 2012 RX 350 FWD. My first Lexus.
105k miles
$15.5K
cream? interior
sunroof
navigation
backup camera
19" wheels
fixed cosmetic fender bender extra baggage

Have only put 65 miles on it but so far it drives and feels great.
Old 03-16-18, 07:49 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Meet "Belle"

Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself. I have been on these forums for a long time and started in the ES forums, moved to the RX 2nd Gen forums and now I am in the 3rd gen forums. Just picked up my 2011 Lexus RX350 (Sports Luxury) in Blue Metallic with black interior. Absolutely gorgeous machine I have here. I will be reading through some of the 3rd gen forums and exploring this car in more detail. I have some plans for it later down the track but for now enjoying it as was designed.

The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (04-22-21)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE