ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/447428-welcome-to-club-lexus-3rx-owner-roll-call-and-member-introduction-thread-post-here.html)

MX5NES350 12-28-11 07:06 AM

Congrats on the new RX. Which dealer did you wind up getting it from? Up here in the Lehigh Valley we're fairly limited but luckily I was a repeat customer for our local guys. I went as far as the Doylestown one but didn't have such a great experience there.

Viognier 12-28-11 07:27 AM

Congratulations brs50!!

Like you, we're in our First RX350 and First Lexus....just heading into week three and Love it!
Great ride in the winter and cannot wait for how it handles in warmer summer weather.

Highly recommomend the Weather Tech floor mats and especially the cargo liner.They are laser designed specifically for the RX350 and fit like they came out of the factory!!

Sfcyclist 12-28-11 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by TampaOwner (Post 6908050)
cngrats on the new car. we got our 2012 Hybrid 450X with the exact same features except w/ 19" tires with an MSRP kn $54,950... the hybrid was only $5k more? not as much as i thought.. i got them t sell it for 51,500, or 6% under msrp... when we were Looking at the Toyota Hilander Hybrid, you couldnt find one anywhere, and even then you had to pay msrp... im shocked the RX hybrid is as flexible

That's a great price Tampa. Looking back I wished we got the hybrid since my wide drives in the city often. Then again that's another $8k over budget than I originally set! I'm also assuming the dealer would let hybrids go that low.

kartah 12-28-11 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by brs50 (Post 6907912)
"if you like that Volvo's handling so much you drive it, I want my LEXUS!" Guys this is where you insert a meek "yes dear" and call the Lexus dealer back if you know what's good for you...

Hahaha...couldn't agree more. Congratulations on the new ride. From the way you described it, your story matched very close to ours. We started looking at others like the Q5, MDX, etc., and then CPO's and then eventually ended up getting the 2012 RX 350 AWD with almost identical specs as your from ext/int colors and options. We don't have the remote start. But even though most will say it's their wife's car, I tell all my friends proudly that it's MY new ride. And honestly, I love it and sometimes I find myself getting excited realizing that I'm about to drive the car.

Congratulations again, you will both love it!

Mdkellys 12-28-11 10:42 AM

Congratulations to both of you! You will not be disappointed.

brs50 12-28-11 01:20 PM

Thanks for all the good wishes, we're both looking forward to enjoying a very fine vehicle.

MX5NES350 we did end up at the Doylestown dealership but unlike you had a very good experience so far. Nice sales person who put up with my motorhead nature and five tests drives, CPO '09 vs '10, then a '11 CPO and finally the back to back in '12's with 18" & 19" wheels. They matched the lowest deal I had gotten from the Cherry Hill, NJ guys coming in from TrueCar. In our case we had a less than memorable visit to the Ardmore dealer. I asked the salesman for the selling price of on an RX three times without an answer, then he asked me if I was ready to place an order! I told him knowing the price usually comes before placing the order and we headed back to Doylestown.

Alpy64 12-28-11 01:29 PM

your new 350 rx

congratulations for this and I fully agree with your wife :thumbup: when she doesn't want any cross bar on the roof. I think that (unfortunately very common in N.A.) those cross bars deserve the line/design of this nice car

It's mine on the picture below when it was prepared for the deal

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6140/mylexusavt.jpg

GRPFAN 12-28-11 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by brs50 (Post 6907912)
The reviewers seem to think everyone is looking for an "exciting driver" to "throw around the canyon roads." That's great for some but not what many are after, namely a quiet, comfortable luxury ride in a well designed, versatile vehicle that has value and high reliability ratings. That last one is something reviewers don't seem to put much stock in, I guess they don't have to pay the BMW or Benz dealers $$$ service bills

This is why I always laugh at these TV commercials were these people pound the hell
out of these new trucks, or spin these luxury SUV's in circles.

Who does this to $40,000 - $50,000 vehicles?????

brs50 12-30-11 04:32 PM

Delivery Day

2 Attachment(s)
After her drive home from the dealership my wife looked pretty happy. Her Jeep Wrangler is still around to do dog car duty, some off roading and plowing in the winter but she traded the outhouse for the penthouse in her daily drive. We've got one nice vehicle in the driveway, me and my tired Tahoe are having a little auto envy. My new Chevy 3500HD LTZ Pickup will arrive in January so I won't have to feel 2nd class for long. I hope its a good sign for the economy that the Lexus dealer was selling lots of cars and folks like us with older vehicles they've been pushing a few years to long make the move to a new ride.

BertL 12-30-11 05:09 PM

Great pictures. Wonderful smile on your wife. I'm sure you'll both have many a pleasurable hour in your new RX. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

CapeDave 12-31-11 07:06 PM

I got the same color! It is a very unique color, especially for me as my last 5 cars were white :)

Congrats on your new ride. I am amazed by mine and also get excited at the thought of driving it.

Happy driving in 2012!

razo168 01-01-12 10:08 AM

My New RX!

PIcked up my first Lexus last night on New Year's Eve!

RX350 - Stargazer Black / Black Interior
Nav+Appearance Package+Parking Sensors

Traded in my 3-series for it and loving every moment!

Perfect for my family...

bltkmt 01-02-12 08:24 AM

Congrats! We just bought the exact same vehicle on 12/26 here in CT...a Christmas gift for my wife. We love it so far...our first Lexus. I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser, and am now jealous...

Alpy64 01-02-12 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by razo168 (Post 6916572)
PIcked up my first Lexus last night on New Year's Eve!

RX350 - Stargazer Black / Black Interior
Nav+Appearance Package+Parking Sensors

Traded in my 3-series for it and loving every moment!

Perfect for my family...

Wonderful!:thumbup:
Take care and send pictures when possible. A very nice present for end of year... isn't it?

Alpy64 01-02-12 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chinster (Post 6908149)
RX 450h AWD
White with grey interior
Wanted everything but couldn't wait 3 months so...
no HUD, remote start, Pre-collision system, Dynamic radar, etc. :sad:
But love it anyway! :)

Excellent choice Chinster :thumbup:

I do see the significant differences between countries with the packages delivered with each of the cars.
In France where I live, HUD is a package with dynamic shock absorbers/suspension (the car turns like a sport car) + the 15speakers and the Mark Levinson Hi-Fi system + some additional features.
HUD system is an excellent support/help when driving as all driving info is on the windshield/windscreen with nav info (changing direction in 3D so that you can change the central screen of the nav system and not be obliged to display full nav info on the central screen). Radio or CD or HDD tracks can also be displayed on the HUD.
The pre-collision system/dynamic radar is an additional package above all but the car cannot be sold with this option only. In other words, pre-collision and dynamic radars can be obtained with all other options (the highest cost :()

What do you mean by remote starting? (guess this is for countries where cold temperatures are traditional in winter (Canada...)