RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Transfer of phone contacts problem and question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 10:37 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transfer of phone contacts problem and question

Several months ago, I purchased the new G1 cell phone through T-Mobile (been a customer since late 2003). The phone itself is terrific. However, it appears that the contacts cannot be transfered into the new RX450h Bluetooth system. I had no trouble at all pairing the phone the first day we got back from vacation (car was parked in garage for 9 days back in late June and early July). It took about a minute to register the phone. I also registered my wife's much older Motorola phone.

I held off transferring the contacts until yesterday since there was no rush and since my wife drives the car most of the time. This is where I had a lot of problems. It just would not work no matter what I tried. I also brought it to the local T-Mobile store to see if they could do it. They could not. I also stopped by the dealer and they did not know what to do. Has anyone here had this problem?. Does anyone here have the G1 phone in particular and had this problem? I ended up manually typing in a bunch of my contacts since I got tired of trying to do it automatically.
Old 07-23-09, 10:44 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its a contact list format issue. I paired my iPhone and transferred its contact list with no problem at all. My wife's Samsung blackjack 2 would not transfer either. I believe her contact list uses a format where all the numbers are a different entity (Steve's home, Steve's cell, etc) whereas the iPhone hosts all numbers under one name. I'm not sure what the terminology is, but I know its a format difference.

That's my guess.
Old 07-23-09, 01:23 PM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by DOUS
I paired my iPhone and transferred its contact list with no problem at all.
That is good to know as my wife and I both have an iPhone!

--Nate
Old 07-24-09, 10:08 AM
Miralex
Driver School Candidate

Blackberry works well.
Old 07-24-09, 05:07 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Miralex
Blackberry works well.
My Curve can't have the incoming calls matching my contacts. For example, if my contact has numbers 212-123-4567. When I'm on RX and this guy calls, my BB shows 2121234567 with the contact information; but my RX shows 12121234567 with no contact info. (I have exported contacts from BB to RX)
Old 07-26-09, 03:31 PM
ObsidianRX
Driver School Candidate

I have a G1 as well, same problem. My contacts wouldn't transfer either with the original software build or with the 1.5 (Cupcake) update. The car is my GFs and I don't drive it all that often so I never pressed the issue with the dealer or TMo, but it is annoying.

FWIW the phone works fine with the interface in my BMW, so I don't think it's a deal where the software doesn't follow the BT protocols. Please post if you find a solution.
Old 07-26-09, 04:39 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
Several months ago, I purchased the new G1 cell phone through T-Mobile (been a customer since late 2003). The phone itself is terrific. However, it appears that the contacts cannot be transfered into the new RX450h Bluetooth system. I had no trouble at all pairing the phone the first day we got back from vacation (car was parked in garage for 9 days back in late June and early July). It took about a minute to register the phone. I also registered my wife's much older Motorola phone.

I held off transferring the contacts until yesterday since there was no rush and since my wife drives the car most of the time. This is where I had a lot of problems. It just would not work no matter what I tried. I also brought it to the local T-Mobile store to see if they could do it. They could not. I also stopped by the dealer and they did not know what to do. Has anyone here had this problem?. Does anyone here have the G1 phone in particular and had this problem? I ended up manually typing in a bunch of my contacts since I got tired of trying to do it automatically.
My sprint SPC 7050 was not on the list for the 2010 model but my dealers mechanic pulled down a sheet from a previous model and it worked. When I can find it, I'll make a copy and post it here.
Old 07-28-09, 11:25 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan

Pat
Apparently when the manuals were printed they still didn't have all the data sheets from manufactures. My dealer inputed into his Lexus computer my phone model and software version and it did come up with the sheet to transfer everything. Mine didn't initially show until they inputed the data to the data base. Everything works fine now. This may or may not help you, but at least you can see they need to check for yours. You just need to give them your phone model and software version. Or maybe this one works the same way.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sanyo SCP 70500001.pdf (178.5 KB, 551 views)
Old 11-03-09, 09:09 AM
xecuaut
Driver School Candidate

Default DOUS Please Help

Originally Posted by DOUS
I think its a contact list format issue. I paired my iPhone and transferred its contact list with no problem at all. My wife's Samsung blackjack 2 would not transfer either. I believe her contact list uses a format where all the numbers are a different entity (Steve's home, Steve's cell, etc) whereas the iPhone hosts all numbers under one name. I'm not sure what the terminology is, but I know its a format difference.

That's my guess.
Dous, please help us. As you mentioned, you were able to transfer your iPhone contacts to the 10RX successfully. I cannot get my 3GS iPhone to transfer my contacts. I have also read somewhere that if th 10RX does not have Nav, then it is impossible to transfer iPhone contacts. My 10RX does not have NAV. Does your have nav? Thus allowing the contacts to be transfered. Or, does your not have NAV, and you have found a way to trnasfer the contacts. Do you know exactly how to transfer the ontacts to 10RX that does not nav? Can you please help? Thank you in advance.