RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Side mirror courtesy lamp...

Old 11-26-10, 03:05 PM
yahj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calgold06
I am looking to change them also. Did you order the light bulbs? If you have, would you mind sharing the part #s? Thanks.

I didn't get any answer so I just ordered them thru ebay.
Old 11-27-10, 05:59 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yahj
can somebody please tell me all the part # for all the bulbs and where did you guys got them?
front dome(x2)
rear(x1)
foot lights(x2)
cargo(festoon type)(x3)
doors(x4)

thanks for your help
I bought LEDs from www.vleds.com
Sale and extra 15% off with promo code word vision till 11/30.

I changed these bulbs.

Lower doors,vanity and parking lights.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...85865-1-2.html

Puddle lights

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...25900-1-2.html

Fog lights which are a great match with the HIDs without going HID kit.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/D...24328-1-2.html

This afternoon I just changed the foot wells and dome lights(hate that awful yellow) with the same LEDs I used in the lower door panel,vanity and parking light.We'll see how they look tonight.

sorry if these already posted, just wanna know how to change the license plate lights thanks
The license plate bulbs light up a nice white and are not regular bulbs and they are not LED, they are CCFL, cold cathode florescent lighting, a fancy name for florescent lighting.At least that's what I was told.Looks like a LED type bulb to me.

Last edited by Joeb427; 11-27-10 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-27-10, 09:26 AM
calgold06
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Puddle lights

Joe-
Are the puddle lights under the mirror? Thanks.

Last edited by calgold06; 11-27-10 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-27-10, 11:11 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by calgold06
Puddle lights

Joe-
Are the puddle lights under the mirror? Thanks.
Yes and they really give off some nice white light and look great.

Last edited by Joeb427; 11-27-10 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-27-10, 11:53 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Agree with Joeb. It looks really nice at night. They're the V-LEDS.

Joeb, make sure you post some pictures of the dome and footwell lights
Attached Thumbnails Side mirror courtesy lamp...-img_0011.jpg  
Old 12-05-10, 08:33 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

OK, so I changed out the doors, vanity, footwell, and front dome with the LEDS from V-LEDS - http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p6985865.html They give off a nice white light, not blue at all.

Besides a loose socket, everything was pretty straight forward. One 'tool' I used to remove lenses was a plastic store discount card. It was thin and had just the right flexibility. Do yourself a favor and remove the entire vanity light by pushing the card into the inner side to release a triangular shaped clip. Only the inner side will come down. Replace the bulb and push hard back into place until it clicks. It's a better alternative to removing the lens.

Also, on the passenger side footwell, there are four clips holding the panel where the light is. Undo them to release the panel. You'll be able get to the bulb from the back. Or use pliers to remove the bulb like I did for the driver side.

The rear dome is giving me trouble. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the whole thing rather than just the lens. If anybody knows how to do it, please let me know.

BTW, the cargo area lights (aka luggage compartment lights) take festoon bulbs. I need to find a replacement and will post when I find one.

Last edited by kitlz; 12-05-10 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-05-10, 08:40 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I meant to include a picture of the vanity lights. Here is the passenger side with the bulb removed. It's a big clip but I managed to release it by using a card.
Attached Thumbnails Side mirror courtesy lamp...-img_0045.jpg  
Old 12-05-10, 08:46 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitlz
I meant to include a picture of the vanity lights. Here is the passenger side with the bulb removed. It's a big clip but I managed to release it by using a card.
Great info,Anita.
The lens as you know is tough to take off.

How do you like the LED foot well change?
I think it's just the right amount of light and white illumination is better than that yellow.

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-05-10 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-05-10, 09:02 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Great info,Anita.
The lens as you know is tough to take off.

How do you like the LED foot well change?
I think it's just the right amount of light and white illumination is better than that yellow.
Removing the lens for the vanity and rear dome lens is ridiculously hard. It's obviously not designed to happen that way.

It was dark this morning when I went out but I didn't really pay attention to the footwell light, the door light, yes. The color is pure white. It is a major improvement over the yellow bulbs Lexus uses. Now if I can only get to that rear dome light...
Old 12-05-10, 09:08 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Removing the lens for the vanity and rear dome lens is ridiculously hard. It's obviously not designed to happen that way.

It was dark this morning when I went out but I didn't really pay attention to the footwell light, the door light, yes. The color is pure white. It is a major improvement over the yellow bulbs Lexus uses. Now if I can only get to that rear dome light...
Keep at it.
The rear dome lens does come off.Took me awhile but it came off.
The cold weather should help a bit but be careful.

On the foot well lighting...
In some other Lexus models,the foot well lights stay on and are LED from the factory.
Old 12-05-10, 11:21 AM
yahj
Driver

OK, so I changed out the doors, vanity, footwell, and front dome with the LEDS from V-LEDS - http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...85865-1-2.html

link didn't work

if you're going to use same type of led bulb as the front dome for the rear you will find that the front dome is brighter than the rear because rear use only one bulb.
Old 12-05-10, 11:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Update - Rear dome light done. I gave up on removing the whole console and instead used something thin and wide to get the lens off. I think it was from a lathe. A spackling tool would probably work too. My fear with a screwdriver is putting that much pressure on the lens at one point, increasing the likelihood of cracking. The tool I used displaced the pressure. Also there is the possible damage to the plastic frame. I didn't have to worry about that.

Will be ordering the festoon bulbs for the cargo area. At least that will be super simple to change out.
Old 12-05-10, 11:38 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Link fixed.

I have a different bulb I'm going to try in the front dome. It will probably be brighter with more LEDS. It should be here any day. The rear dome with one light won't be a problem. I have black interior so it would take more than two bulbs to find anything, especially if that item is dark

I'll have to see what it looks like tonight. Based on what I've seen so far, it's a huge improvement over the other bulbs.
Old 12-05-10, 11:41 AM
yahj
Driver

can you let us know which one are you going to order

ordered (32mm 4smd )festoon bulb before but I had a hard time putting them on they're a little bit longer and bigger.
Old 12-05-10, 11:43 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

link didn't work

if you're going to use same type of led bulb as the front dome for the rear you will find that the front dome is brighter than the rear because rear use only one bulb.
And the rear bulb is sideways with no reflective backing.
I tried Flank LEDs but the polarity was the opposite and just went with the 5 LED I did with the other installs.Only one LED shines down but at least it's white and not yellow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Side mirror courtesy lamp...