RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Parts in Japan: RX 350 2007

Old 04-18-19, 06:26 PM
Howardsoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parts in Japan: RX 350 2007

Hey guys. I’m going to be in Tokyo Japan for the next 4 days and would like to know if you guys have any suggestions for places to check out OEM/aftermarket parts or accessories like wind visors/deflectors,emblems, and running boards. Planning to check out and browse, bring back anything I find interesting. Any points of interest or shops? Thanks!
Old 04-20-19, 05:25 AM
sbryant324
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ordered and recieved OEM LED turn signal mirror housings formy 09 RX.They were a dealer installed option direct from Lexus available in Japan. However it seems I rec'd the right hand drive version verus left hand. I am not sure what the internal difference is until I open my actual factory mirrors. Based on the contents in the box, the internal mounting plate for the glass is different right to left. The part # for the kit is 08411-48040. All intructions are in Japanese so it's going to be a bit off fun to figure out if I can make the internal housings work with my existing mirror hardware. I can send a photo of the part# in question. These were bought online through Impex Japan. If you can determine what if any mods I need to do to these to adapt to left hand drive I would be greatful. *** I had a concussion last summer and am adding these to make myslef more visible when turning, approaching oncoming traffic or changing lanes. Thank you for any help. Sincerely.
Old 04-24-19, 12:31 PM
Howardsoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbryant324
I have ordered and recieved OEM LED turn signal mirror housings formy 09 RX.They were a dealer installed option direct from Lexus available in Japan. However it seems I rec'd the right hand drive version verus left hand. I am not sure what the internal difference is until I open my actual factory mirrors. Based on the contents in the box, the internal mounting plate for the glass is different right to left. The part # for the kit is 08411-48040. All intructions are in Japanese so it's going to be a bit off fun to figure out if I can make the internal housings work with my existing mirror hardware. I can send a photo of the part# in question. These were bought online through Impex Japan. If you can determine what if any mods I need to do to these to adapt to left hand drive I would be greatful. *** I had a concussion last summer and am adding these to make myslef more visible when turning, approaching oncoming traffic or changing lanes. Thank you for any help. Sincerely.
Hey Sbryant. Sorry to hear about your concussion. I suffered a TBI several years ago when a drunk driver hit me while I was a pedestrian. The brain fog got better over time, but it was a very frustrating experience. Please send me a few pictures you have of the manual. I have a few friends who can read/write in Japanese and they may be able to help. I did find the part number you posted online so I'm very hopeful we can get this solved.
The following users liked this post:
sbryant324 (04-25-19)