rx330 whine during acceleration - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rx330 whine during acceleration

Old 03-15-19, 06:34 PM
haku
Driver School Candidate

Default rx330 whine during acceleration

Hi all

I have a rx330 with approx 200k KM on the odo.

Can anyone ID what type of high pitch whine during acceleration is? It sounds like a spinning whine?

It occurs when accelerating from 30km/h to 50km/hr and then stops. I don't notice a lost of power/torque.

Could it be an issue with the transmission or the transfer case and/or differential? the tranny fluid was changed not too long ago (using toyota ATF)

here is a video of it: https://streamable.com/s/lx096/gzifra (occurs at 3 seconds in)

thank you

Old 03-16-19, 04:37 PM
royhanks3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by haku View Post
Hi all

I have a rx330 with approx 200k KM on the odo.

Can anyone ID what type of high pitch whine during acceleration is? It sounds like a spinning whine?

It occurs when accelerating from 30km/h to 50km/hr and then stops. I don't notice a lost of power/torque.

Could it be an issue with the transmission or the transfer case and/or differential? the tranny fluid was changed not too long ago (using toyota ATF)

here is a video of it: https://streamable.com/s/lx096/gzifra (occurs at 3 seconds in)

thank you
I don't have a solution, I just wanted to note that I also have this same "whine" on my 05 RX 330 with 88,000 on the dash.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: