RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

07 RX 350 Remote Program Seq. not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-18, 09:23 PM
AngelMarie
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 07 RX 350 Remote Program Seq. not working

Hello,
I recently picked up a spare OEM remote core and new key blank online, as well as a Mini-VCI cable. Was able to code in the new key to the Immobilizer with the software OK. Problem is, when I try the steps to add a remote (per sticky threads here, and watching videos online, repeating exactly), the car never engages to the programming mode (the locks never cycle).

Is there something I'm missing, or is there some feature I need to check in the software to see if something isn't working right or locked out or something?

Input would be much appreciated, thanks.

~Angel

Last edited by AngelMarie; 04-15-18 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-18, 04:20 AM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelMarie
Hello,
I recently picked up a spare OEM remote core and new key blank online, as well as a Mini-VCI cable. Was able to code in the new key to the Immobilizer with the software OK. Problem is, when I try the steps to add a remote (per sticky threads here, and watching videos online, repeating exactly), the car never engages to the programming mode (the locks never cycle).

Is there something I'm missing, or is there some feature I need to check in the software to see if something isn't working right or locked out or something?

Input would be much appreciated, thanks.

~Angel
Are you using TIS Techstream to programs the remote key FOB? The driver side door needs to be open and unlocked. The following video should help.
Old 04-16-18, 04:42 AM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

I purchased Pre-Cut keys from a seller on eBay (1010Keys) which included two keys and one remote. He has raised his price from $29.99 to $35.08. I supplied the car Keycode and he was able to cut the key with no problem.
Old 04-16-18, 04:56 AM
AngelMarie
Driver School Candidate

Having just acquired the TechStream software, I've been fiddling through it to learn all the bells and whistles. I didn't see a remote programming feature at first, and was only trying the key insert-remove and door open-close process. I'll give this a look later and see what I can do. I'll reply back later with the results.

Regarding key cutting, I found a local hardware store that has a drill press-router/grinder device that cuts our 'sidewinder' style keys for $20 ea. I bought my car used and was only given 1 master and the valet key, no key code. Oh well.

Thanks for input.

~Angel
Old 04-16-18, 05:32 AM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AngelMarie
I bought my car used and was only given 1 master and the valet key, no key code. Oh well.

Thanks for input.

~Angel
The keycode can be found along with an emergency key on a card. This should be part of the literature (owner manuals) that came with the car. For Lexus RX the first digit begins with a '4' The entire keycode is composed of 5 digits. If all else fail, you can still retrieve the keycode from the driverside door lock. It is engraved onto the lock. click on the link below
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10137167&postcount=28
Old 04-16-18, 02:12 PM
kennytbone
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

There isn't an open/close door, insert/remove key type of sequence to program keys for the 2007 and newer models. You have to use Techstream. Once you have Techstream and the mini VCI cable, the process is actually simpler and easier than the other methods.
Old 04-16-18, 08:13 PM
AngelMarie
Driver School Candidate

I was able to figure it out in the TechStream software. Thanks for the guidance. I may go through the effort to pull the lock cylinder at some point so I can get the key code.. but that's a project for another day.

Thanks again!