RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How long did you wait for your new dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 09:52 AM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well... just came back from the dealer to pick up my RX. The new dash is bubbling up on the left side between the gauge cluster and the speaker and on the right side next to the AC vent. They ordered a replacement. On the upside, everything works as it should and even with the bubbles it looks better than the old dash. I'm a bit disappointed that I had to point out the defects in the new dash, speaks poorly of the technician that did the work and shows that the service adviser failed to inspect the vehicle at all prior to delivery.
Old 07-13-17, 12:56 PM
Daralyn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Still waiting!

Originally Posted by gptgirl
How long did you wait or have been waiting to get your replacement dashboard?
STILL WAITING and to make matters worse, they said that they'd fix my headlight recall issue when they fixed my dash and now they are telling me the headlight recall replacement warranty has expired. Right now I'm extremely PO'd with Lexus, but I'll update if my opinion changes. I email and email and email the dealer for updates and they NEVER RESPOND!
Old 07-13-17, 04:59 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mdbrown
Well... just came back from the dealer to pick up my RX. The new dash is bubbling up on the left side between the gauge cluster and the speaker and on the right side next to the AC vent. They ordered a replacement. On the upside, everything works as it should and even with the bubbles it looks better than the old dash. I'm a bit disappointed that I had to point out the defects in the new dash, speaks poorly of the technician that did the work and shows that the service adviser failed to inspect the vehicle at all prior to delivery.
Do you have any pictures of the dash they put in? Between the GX, ES, RX, IS and LS, I've installed 150+ dashes at least and never seen an RX dash bubble up anywhere. I've seen a couple of RX dashes not perfectly fit around the navigation screen but that's all.

Originally Posted by Daralyn
STILL WAITING and to make matters worse, they said that they'd fix my headlight recall issue when they fixed my dash and now they are telling me the headlight recall replacement warranty has expired. Right now I'm extremely PO'd with Lexus, but I'll update if my opinion changes. I email and email and email the dealer for updates and they NEVER RESPOND!
The warranty enhancement coverage (not recall) to the headlights was only good for 9 years from date of first use regardless of mileage. You can ask them to submit for goodwill, but if you don't regularly have your car service there, chances are you wont receive any assistance. Also keep in my that Lexus doesn't allow all techs to install dashes. Only certified, senior and master techs are allowed to install dashes. So it may take some time to get it done.
Old 07-13-17, 06:14 PM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Othic
Do you have any pictures of the dash they put in? Between the GX, ES, RX, IS and LS, I've installed 150+ dashes at least and never seen an RX dash bubble up anywhere. I've seen a couple of RX dashes not perfectly fit around the navigation screen but that's all.
It's hard to see in the dark. The one in the picture is about half the size of a pack of smokes. There is one about half that size next to the right side dash vent. There are also about 3 smaller ones to the right of that big one.
Attached Thumbnails How long did you wait for your new dashboard?-dashbubble.jpg  
Old 07-13-17, 06:54 PM
jusmatt90
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my Rx today looks nice. Air wasn't cooling when idling but started back working after a while, also had one of the roof rack covers missing. New Dash looks nice.
Old 07-13-17, 10:03 PM
jusmatt90
Driver School Candidate

Just got back in from a late night run to the store and noticed my automatic lights don't work, i can turn them in manually but auto isn't working. Calling them first thing in the morning.
Old 07-13-17, 10:19 PM
Daralyn
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy No Traceability/Accountability/Ownership of an Issue

The warranty enhancement coverage (not recall) to the headlights was only good for 9 years from date of first use regardless of mileage. You can ask them to submit for goodwill, but if you don't regularly have your car service there, chances are you wont receive any assistance. Also keep in my that Lexus doesn't allow all techs to install dashes. Only certified, senior and master techs are allowed to install dashes. So it may take some time to get it done.
Yes, the dealership had said they would put in a request for goodwill extension, but when I called to follow up on it (after my emails were not returned) the person in service I spoke to said they hadn't notated my account regarding the prior conversations I had with service managers about fixing the issues together, submitting for goodwill, etc. Then I come to find out there are 4 service managers? Sigh At this point I feel like the strategy is to hope the customer sells the car and the issue goes away on it's own. I wish I didn't feel that way as I've been very happy with my car and service in the past, but the headlight and dash issues have been going on for a long time now.

I finally called the home office and got them involved and said I wanted to file a complaint if for no other reason just so there was traceability of these conversations. I'm going to remain hopeful, but I'm pretty disappointed. If you don't plan to honor the headlamp issue if it expires before they get the dashboards in they should divulge that information vs. tell the customer they will handle both issues at the same time. It's a LONG trip for me to the closest dealership, so this is a major nuisance for people who have to travel. If I didn't have a trailer, I'd need to make hotel accommodations. I just hope they can handle everything and that I'll only have to spend one night out of town. Again, will update with the status as I do hope that everything will work out, but now I'm having to change my attitude from assuming it will to being much more guarded now, which as I said is very disappointing. In any case,
Old 07-14-17, 03:35 PM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Here's a better pic, taken during the day. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails How long did you wait for your new dashboard?-dash.jpg  
Old 09-18-17, 09:56 AM
ibrewdou
Driver School Candidate

Default Dash

I bought 05rx in 03/16. Got called last week !
Old 09-25-17, 06:51 PM
sel1005
Driver School Candidate

Default 3 years, still waiting

Lexus dealer claims things lost, then we have never been there, you name it. I started the saga 3 years ago, have written multiple letters, called a dozen times to the dealer and National, you name it.

Lexus could care less about owners. We are fools for buying one of their cars. This was our 5th, and LAST, Lexus or Toyota product.

Too bad too, because its always about the script; you need to understand, our supplier cant keep up, you name it. They think we are stupid, and if you buy a Lexus after seeing how they take care of you, you are.
Old 09-25-17, 09:57 PM
TrueTexan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ours didn't take that long

It only took 4-5 months for them to call us. But within days of the repair, the column between the windshield and the driver's side window started popping out. Took it back, they kept me there for two hours, sent me home and within hours, the same thing happened! I took it back again (yes, I just have sooo much time to waste running back and forth to them) and they took 2.5 hours to replace a "worn clip". They fixed it this time, but whatever they did, they have now caused a loud rattle to start up in the dash next to the column they repaired. It's very annoying and I am now looking at selling the car or trading it in. I will NOT be buying another Lexus - this was my second...and last one.
Old 10-05-17, 05:10 PM
tropiclake
Driver School Candidate

Default Faulty dashboard replacement

My dashboard was replaced on a 2008 RX350 but there is a substance in the new dashboard that is causing a severe allergic reaction to the point my wife cannot drive it. Lexus has said they've fulfilled their warranty replacement and will do nothing about it nor give the MSDS to find out what is causing the reaction and if it might be toxic. Are the 4,000,000 plus dashboard replacements also defective?
Old 10-09-17, 07:23 AM
Mcoley612
Driver School Candidate

Default dashboard

I noticed my dashboard starting to crack around where the key goes in. Also very sticky when I clean it.... I am taking it in tomorrow for another issue and will bring the dashboard to their attention. Wish I would have known about this sooner. I have a 2007 RX350 with 78,000 miles on it that I've owed for a year.

Michelle
Old 10-09-17, 07:56 AM
drgerry
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered our 2007 RX 350 dash in Feb 2017. Just got it replaced 10/2/17. Seems like I remember the cut-off for the dash replacements was March 2017?

PS. If you are in the South Metro Atlanta area, I would discourage you from using Butler Lexus of South Atlanta. (Long story......Let's just say they like themselves, alot)
Old 10-09-17, 09:58 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by tropiclake
My dashboard was replaced on a 2008 RX350 but there is a substance in the new dashboard that is causing a severe allergic reaction to the point my wife cannot drive it. Lexus has said they've fulfilled their warranty replacement and will do nothing about it nor give the MSDS to find out what is causing the reaction and if it might be toxic. Are the 4,000,000 plus dashboard replacements also defective?
Sorry to hear about this allergic reaction, suggest that you air out the dashboard as much as you can. Do not close the windows.

In my new dashboard I have not sensed some weird smell. Not anybody complain about a reaction.

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your new dashboard?