RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How long did you wait for your new dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-17, 08:24 AM
Snoope
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just had the "new dash" installed......Another great response from Toyota/Lexus......trouble free and my '04 looks brand new once again

Only scary part was when Momma brought ours in they gave her a NEW NX 200 T for our FREE loaner and she got silly....asked if they would now take ours in trade with the new dash

Salesman kindly said,of course ,just sign right here We like being payment free and with only 70k on the "clock" , the '04 will be with me a few more years.....
Old 06-23-17, 04:18 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

is it too late for me to get on the "list" ? My wife just noticed that our 2007 RX dashboard is cracking. I will call the dealer ASAP tomorrow.
Old 06-29-17, 03:53 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

I think May 31 was the end of the 2007 warranty. The dealer ordered mine on May 20 and it was installed this week.
Old 06-29-17, 07:13 AM
mic575
Driver School Candidate

My 2007 dash was replaced back in April of 2017. First let me say, it is very nice of Lexus to step up and replace these. That said, my dealership experience was a horrible one. I originally had them look at it in July of 16', they ordered the dash at that time and said it would be 9 months to a year. In April of 17' I get voicemail message from the dealership saying, we've had this dash here for a while and we're going to send it back if you don't call us. Ok, odd, this is the first I've heard of it but maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere and I missed something, I call, make an appt. and get my RX in there within 3 days. I also ask that they do a brake fluid flush (it needed to be done and I wanted to give them some business, they charged $250). When I go in I have to arrange for my wife to pick me up there and drop me back off there to pick up the car. Huh, again seems odd.

Then I go pick up my car, my wife dropped me off at the end of business day: I drive away (closing time) and my RX smells like someone smoked several packs of cigarettes in it; my stereo is not functioning at all, it won't turn on; my glovebox is damaged, there is a divot in the front of it and the driver side molding is all torn up were the dash meets the A pillar. - I was stunned. My personal experience is that Lexus service at this dealership is far below what I have experienced from other manufacturers.

After some very difficult discussions and a week of back and forth and them having my car for an additional 2 days I got the items repaired but I am wary of using Lexus service again after this experience. I noticed later that my dashboard passenger side speaker grill has some damage to it as well, I think its from this service but its too much hassle to deal with.

Maybe it’s because I didn't buy my car from them new and I bought it used from a used car lot in another state, who knows.

My advice is, be sure if you have your dash replaced that you are paying attention to what they are doing.
Old 07-01-17, 02:30 PM
Cpartipilo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine done about 3 weeks ago, i had no issues other than they left grease stains all over, they also stained the A pillars with the old rubber and scratched my steering wheel. In any case the car looks better now than it did when it went in.
I was waiting from December 2015 until now.
Old 07-02-17, 09:18 PM
jusmatt90
Driver School Candidate

Got on the list 3 months ago. Just recied a letter stating that they've been calling me and will send the dash back if i hadn't responded. Can't recall missing their call but i schedule for July 10.
Old 07-05-17, 08:57 AM
Windflash
Driver School Candidate

Default Never received a notice from Lexus

We are original owners of 2007 RX350 & with only 48,000 miles on it. We noticed markings on our dash board and didn't realize they were cracks until I started researching the problem. Called Lexus, given a case number and told to go to Dealership for verification, pictures, etc., which we just did July 3rd. Our car has only been serviced at either the Lexus or Toyota Dealership and we are quite disturbed we never received a notification letter from Lexus about this problem. We have no idea how long it will be until we get a new dashboard and guess this is still an ongoing problem.
Old 07-05-17, 10:32 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Still waiting…about a year now.

I need to call for an update.
Old 07-05-17, 07:19 PM
Windflash
Driver School Candidate

Default Waiting List for new Dashboard

Is anyone on a list for a new dashboard through Lexus of Orlando? Just wondering how long the wait is or how long you were on it. Thanks....
Old 07-06-17, 09:02 AM
mandyfig

Suggest to call the dealer. They will tell you where you are on the list…for example # 345 and the current work is on #150, and maybe you get the smirk…it will take at least 2 years before you are up comment!

Good luck.

I will call my dealer and see if I get a good answer. However, they always have left a voicemail on my home number if I needed warranty work. Crossing fingers.
The following users liked this post:
Windflash (07-06-17)
Old 07-06-17, 04:33 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

This is crazy. My dash was 5 weeks from order to install and other people are waiting years. It would be interesting to find out what is going on.
Old 07-07-17, 01:18 PM
mandyfig

Really depends on the allocation I guess.
Old 07-10-17, 05:36 PM
OG Member
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Providing my personal experience:

I had my dash inspected in Feb. 2017 at Lexus of Clearwater, which confirmed replacement. I got the call late June '17 to schedule an appointment and I will be picking up my vehicle up tomorrow, 7/11.

Overall great experience due to responsiveness to my inquires; regular follow-ups in the process; and free rental during the time.

My one pro-tip would be to communicate with the point of contact (POC) at the dealership who is managing the workflow of these warrantied replacements...they are the gate keeper and deal with a lot of upset clients, so my advice would be more understanding to what they're going through and be the client who stands out in a good way. Seemed to have worked, this time around...

Good luck to those who are patiently waiting!
Old 07-12-17, 05:54 PM
Windflash
Driver School Candidate

Angry Not happy

Received a phone call today from Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department ... after filing a claim with Lexus, submitting our pictures, plus documentation from the Lexus Dealership ... they said because we were 3 weeks past their expiration deadline, our claim was denied for replacement ... even though we never received a letter from them about this Dashboard defect. We are original owners of our RX350 with only 48,000 miles on this car. I am not a happy camper ....
Old 07-12-17, 08:12 PM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine is in the shop now. I dropped it off Tuesday morning, they finally pulled it in at 1:30 this afternoon. They called late in the day to tell me it would be done tomorrow. I originally took mine in mid March to be inspected. I cannot complain, I have 171k miles on mine... hoping everything works when I pick it up.

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your new dashboard?