RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Battery Replaced - Now, Electronics Misfunction

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-13, 10:14 AM
scout356
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Replaced - Now, Electronics Misfunction

Original battery died after 5 years service. I replaced battery but discover that certain electronics don't function correctly. Windows and door locks are messed up. Driver control won't operate front passenger window; but rears are OK. Driver door lost "one touch up/down" function. Door locks are sketchy.

Question: is there some re-booting or re-programing needed that I can do? Dealer only item?
Thx.
Old 10-28-13, 10:23 AM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

You have to do a reinitialization of the windows and the moon roof.

Windows: With the ignition ON, go to each window and press down (hold) on the window button and keep holding it for about 3 secs after it bottoms, then hold the switch UP until it closes and hold for about 3 secs. This has to be done at each window, not simply from the driver's switch pad.

Moonroof:

Turn the power switch ON (IG).

If the sliding roof is opened, close it fully.

Push the SLIDE CLOSE switch or TILT UP switch, making the sliding roof operation as follows:
Tilt up → Approximately 1 second → tilt down → slide open → slide close

Sliding roof stops at the fully closed position.
Old 10-28-13, 03:10 PM
scout356
Driver School Candidate

Many thanks, Alchemist. That did the trick.
Old 10-29-13, 07:20 PM
mpatton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alchemist

Windows: With the ignition ON, go to each window and press down (hold) on the window button and keep holding it for about 3 secs after it bottoms, then hold the switch UP until it closes and hold for about 3 secs. This has to be done at each window, not simply from the driver's switch pad.

Moonroof:

Push the SLIDE CLOSE switch or TILT UP switch, making the sliding roof operation as follows:

I just asked this same question, do you have to do ALL of the windows AND the moonroof to make just the passenger window function from the driver's side? I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get that darn window to work again!

To clarify, I started at the driver's door, rolled the window down, held it, rolled it up, held it. Moved to the back driver's side, rolled down, held it, rolled up, held it. Moved to back passenger side, rolled down, held it, rolled up, held it. Moved to passenger side, rolled down, held it. Moved to the moonroof, tilt up (1sec), tilt down, slide open, slide closed.

nada.

when I try from the driver's cluster, all windows roll down except passenger side - the switch light blinks on the passenger door when I try to roll it down from the driver's switch.

thanks

Thanks,

Last edited by mpatton; 10-29-13 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-29-13, 07:31 PM
CBAILEY629
Driver School Candidate

No
you only have to do the initialization process on the window that is not working. roll down, then roll up and hold for a few seconds. once it is initialized it will work from the master switch and it will also go auto UP/DOWN. (will not go auto up/down if it is not initialized).

if this still doesn't work try to unplug the window switch for a few seconds, then plug it back in, then try to re-initialize. if this doesn't work try to unplug switch from problem door (Ex. passenger front) and plug it into another door that is working (Ex. passenger rear) and initialize it on the working door, then reinstall problem switch into problem door and attempt to reinitialize.

if it still doesn't work you may need to replace the switch or the window motor.

hope this helps
please let me know how it turns out.
Old 10-29-13, 07:33 PM
CBAILEY629
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Originally Posted by alchemist

Moonroof:

BTW you don't have to roll the window all the way down and hold. jst open it a little (an inch will do) then roll up and hold for a few seconds.
Old 10-29-13, 07:51 PM
mpatton
Rookie

Originally Posted by CBAILEY629
BTW you don't have to roll the window all the way down and hold. jst open it a little (an inch will do) then roll up and hold for a few seconds.
Thanks, I just tried this again and it didn't work. The switch just kept blinking at me like a jerk.

This is making me feel really stupid.

I turned the ignition switch on, I sat in the seat and rolled the passenger side window down from the passenger side window switch half way, then rolled up and held it for a few seconds.

I tried to roll it down from the driver's switch - the passenger switch blinked at me.

I then tried rolling it down an inch and up and held it...same result.

I then tried rolling it down all of the way and back up and held it...same result.

ugh.
Old 10-29-13, 09:16 PM
CBAILEY629
Driver School Candidate

reference my first post and try to unplug the switch.

has the vehicle been in an accident and had any body work performed to the passenger front door, or has the window motor been replace in the passenger front door?
Old 10-30-13, 04:24 AM
mpatton
Rookie

Originally Posted by CBAILEY629
reference my first post and try to unplug the switch.

has the vehicle been in an accident and had any body work performed to the passenger front door, or has the window motor been replace in the passenger front door?
I'll try unplugging the switch one night this week when I have time or maybe this weekend. I just bought the car recently and there is no indication of a wreck.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-20-15, 12:56 PM
juliemannj
Driver School Candidate

Easiest thing I found is:
Ignition on.
Make sure master lock button on driver's door is unlocked (up).
From each problem window's door switch, roll window all the way down and up again twice (no need to wait between rolls).
That's it!