RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The big "To Sell or Part out and Sell or Keep" Debate.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 06:38 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Perhaps mods on the Prius that extend the range of the vehicle. Plenty of those.
Yeah that is a concern as well haha. I have already kind of looked into wheels. Bad news lol! Why the second gen is being considered as well. Need modders rehab!
Old 12-08-11, 06:12 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
Need modders rehab!

Very true, now that I'm done with my car there is very definitely a sense of loss. The fun of the anticipation, shopping for parts, getting it done, the first rush of enjoying the result. And I didn't do 20% of the stuff you did, I can imagine how you must feel.

I guess you don't have to decide immediately since you are forced by economics to part it out before you sell it so you'll get a chance to see how you feel as it gets back to stock.

So what all can be sold? Wheels, air, body kit, Kenwood, interior JDM stuff, I see thousands!!
Old 12-08-11, 02:02 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carver
Very true, now that I'm done with my car there is very definitely a sense of loss. The fun of the anticipation, shopping for parts, getting it done, the first rush of enjoying the result. And I didn't do 20% of the stuff you did, I can imagine how you must feel.

I guess you don't have to decide immediately since you are forced by economics to part it out before you sell it so you'll get a chance to see how you feel as it gets back to stock.

So what all can be sold? Wheels, air, body kit, Kenwood, interior JDM stuff, I see thousands!!
Yup and yup
Old 12-10-11, 03:16 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Best thing is! I have choices! I mean it can't get any better than that! I have some time to think about it now that I "crashed and burned" in a sense. Might keep it stock cause it's a great car and get the roof rack storage bin back on for my lighting equipment. We shall see.
Old 12-12-11, 10:35 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I would just sell the parts and keeping the RX....anway, good luck.
Old 12-12-11, 10:40 AM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Keep your Rx the way it is, you aren't going to get close to price you paid for your items. There just isn't a huge modding Rx community. Also you painted the body kit and put a clear bra on your car, why would you remove all that?

Your Rx is unique, why make it look like every other Rx on the road? Just don't spend anymore money on modding it.
Old 12-12-11, 12:14 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Right now I am removing the Air System and seeing what happens after that. One thing at a time.

I love it when people say "just stop doing it". I wonder if you know much about the modding scene. Its a money pitted Addiction. It's not as much about looks at this point if you read my original post. But I understand where you're point. It's just a car though.
Old 12-12-11, 01:07 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Right now I am removing the Air System and seeing what happens after that. One thing at a time.

I love it when people say "just stop doing it". I wonder if you know much about the modding scene. Its a money pitted Addiction. It's not as much about looks at this point if you read my original post. But I understand where you're point. It's just a car though.
I know about the modding scene, you should look at some of the things I did to my GS when I had, I spent over $6000 dollars on it.

Right now I am close to $3000 on the Rx, upgraded the rims, put a new navigation, re-painting the exterior, and changing the color the wood interior, exhaust, the list goes on and on...

I just know when to stop...You have to have a price point and keep it at that and you would be fine.
Old 12-12-11, 05:09 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Really not interested in this branch of discussion. If your limit is $6K than your not modding for SEMA or a magazine spread unless your connected in some way. $20K + here though.

So moving on. Next week I hope I can give my Mom her car back and get the struts back in. We shall see. Nothing like driving a little Scion xA with 105 HP to make you miss your Lexus.

Last edited by infinirx; 12-12-11 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 09:10 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Really not interested in this branch of discussion. If your limit is $6K than your not modding for SEMA or a magazine spread unless your connected in some way. $20K + here though.

So moving on. Next week I hope I can give my Mom her car back and get the struts back in. We shall see. Nothing like driving a little Scion xA with 105 HP to make you miss your Lexus.

Of course I'm not modding for Sema, I never purchase my cars so I can get them in a magazine, I mod them so they can look different. But to each their own. Good luck with whatever decision you decide.
Old 12-12-11, 11:54 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Would love to see what you have done with them Got any links? I am kind of stressed so I am sorry to come off negatively.
Old 12-24-11, 09:25 AM
raw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what all is for sale?
Old 12-24-11, 11:43 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raw
what all is for sale?
No. I am waiting on this a bit. I just had a real crash and burn effect after the SEMA show and all the building of the car. Sitting on my choice and seeing if I can compromise and keep it. We shall see.

It's all so confusing lol! The holidays don't help either

Last edited by infinirx; 12-25-11 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-27-11, 07:24 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's good that you are have some what a cooling period, then decide what to do. Car modding is a money pit addiction, I know, I've spent probably 20K easy on mods with my old tC, when I parted out I got a lot less. Take your time about this, RX is still a very nice car hauls a lot of stuff. So all I do is a mild car mod to make my RX different from stock and I'm done.
Old 01-01-12, 10:33 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No. I am waiting on this a bit. I just had a real crash and burn effect after the SEMA show and all the building of the car. Sitting on my choice and seeing if I can compromise and keep it. We shall see.

It's all so confusing lol! The holidays don't help either
I took some pix of your rig at SEMA, very nice.
There were some niced modded prius(s) there, im sure you saw them

I just picked up an 03' Rx3 on friday and im trying to keep myself from moding it.

Already have a full blown out of control 1st gen gs3 build
Wifes 02' GS430 build, an 94' FZJ80 Expedition build (with 2uz swap of course) and a
5vz swapped 90' 4runner that I just finished too.
Talk about alot of irons in the fire.
However, every time I look at your rig, I want to order up the tein ss and get some 20's, find a TRD charger for a sienna/solara and do some crazy stuff.

Quick Reply: The big "To Sell or Part out and Sell or Keep" Debate.