RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Unbelievable problem rx 350 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 07:43 AM
gusar
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hypervish
To be honest, I think they are giving you a fair deal. Take the buy-back offer, another RX will be the way to go.

I'm still a little shocked they didn't do anything to compensate for their lack of competent workers who left the transmission linkage not connected. But, hey, something worse could have happened, just be glad it didn't and move on. I don't think it's worth the time and energy to go through the whole legal thing, especially when they are offering to buy the RX back.
Agreed
Just get rid of this car and find another one. Hope they buy it back with no loss for you... Those guys are tricky...
Old 11-09-11, 07:54 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I also think you should accept the buy-back offer. Considering all that has gone wrong, your wife would never trust this vehicle again.
Old 11-09-11, 11:13 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

sorry to hear that...but I think the buyback is the right thing to do...

I am just disappointed that the dealer did not offer further discount towards your next RX.....
Old 11-09-11, 12:02 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Reading the post and getting to the meat of the problem, the only conclusion I can draw is

There was shoddy repair work done at the dealership. The slip up can be fixed (I think it has) and there are no permanent damage to the vehicle.

That leads to the next set of questions:

What do you want to extract as punishment for the negligence?
No one other than you wife can tell how comfortable she feels driving the current RX, or any other vehicle that the dealership does the service on. [the problem is with the servicing].

I think Lexus has made their offer and it is upto you to tell what you want [they may or may not agree with what you want ... just like you are not happy with their offer]. Put it out there and see if they accept or bite.

Salim
Old 11-09-11, 01:04 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would take the buy out and then go get another RX at a different dealership. Even if it is owned by the same people it has different employees and different management. That alone should make a difference in the future servicing.

When all is said and done most people are honest and try and do good work, unfortunately sometimes you have to look a bit harder to find them. I choose to think of the glass half full. If you live life like a victim, you will become one.
Old 11-10-11, 10:28 AM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what I would do, I would take the buy back, I would wait until your credit score gets better and get another RX, at the same time, I would contact a News Station about what has gone on with this lexus, and explain a life could have been lost, and for all the time, worry, and shoddy work there own mechanics do, who knows how many cares in the area, or accidents happen cause of shoddy labor work in dealerships, and see if you can get the story in the paper, just email a writer in the "local" department in your newspaper.

The dealership would hate to have bad publicity especially in a paper in there hometown, and would more then likely kick themselves in the *** and start selling cars for a few weeks at bottom dollar pricing.

Only thing is it will take a few emails/meetings on your behalf to get this story to print in the local paper, will and can you do it?? its all up to you! I personally would.
Old 11-10-11, 10:45 AM
RMB350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best of luck. It's a shame that it happened and you certainly deserve better, after all it is a Lexus, but it is just what it is. The dealer and corporate are convinced that they've done what they needed to do and have fulfilled their obligation regarding customer service. They obviously won't do anything else at this point.

It's now your call..
Old 11-10-11, 12:42 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

The buy back is an option but why? There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the vehicle and if the OP had an excellent deal when he purchased it, he would be giving it away (what ever the excellent deal he got).

If the Mrs. is unhappy with the vehicle then you take the next best offer which is to let Lexus buy it back.

Salim
Old 11-10-11, 04:14 PM
joeybowtie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank everyone who posted. I really appreciate it. I feel like we have been lead down the garden path.
Nothing fatal. Just out time of the office and that means money.
I am talking to a few lawyers and one says he will take it on contingency. Some asked what I am trying to extract out of the dealer. Actually nothing. I was following the lead of the dealership. Come one down. Let us buy the car back and make you happy. I told the truth. Would be difficult with her credit at this time. I even sent him the her credit scores before hand. I talked to him on the phone about it. No problem. Come on down we will take care of it.
So we did and got the rude brush off. That is the part I do not get. I thanked them and came down with an open mind and my hat in my hand. Thanks for helping. It was a brand new day when we arrived.
Little bitter about that but what can you do. I asked and got nothing. Like I said. I do not have the resources to fight anyone at this time. If I let them take the car then we will have a hard time finding another. We are just going to live with it. I really don't have a choice. I like the idea of a news story, Might send out some emails to see. Right now I have to get to work and make money to pay the bills. I have spent enough time on these guys. Good luck everyone. Happy Marine Corps birthday to all my fellow Marines! Semper Fi.