RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Recall Notice RX330, 350, 400h - New

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 05:36 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Iqraam
Damn your're right i didnt even see it i just jumped the gun. Well i guess i will need to reschedule
The new one is a fix for the previous fix.
Old 02-25-11, 06:55 AM
tfischer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Lexus has a new department devoted to safety checks and quality control to insure that its problems over the past year do not happen again. Now that real reports have confirmed the the "sudden acceleration" reports were, if real at all, were not electronic but caused by carpets getting in the way of the gas pedal, (or something like that) Lexus is going all the way to "fix" any cars out there that in any way might have that problem. This should put an end to the issue forever and allow them to move on more quickly. At least that's what it looks like to me. Look how long it took Audi to bounce back from the same problem, which was eventually shown to be driver error in all instances (although changes were made: e.g.: this is why you have to press on the brake when you shift out of park).
Old 02-25-11, 02:11 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
So you are included in the recall?
Yup, although I have swap out the carpet with Weathertech digital fit mats
Old 02-26-11, 10:33 AM
jmonkie76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was doing the brake caliper recall yesterday and the service guy mentioned about this new retention clip replacement recall but have no real info as of yet. He said I'll get a letter notifying me whether I would need these replaced.

I have all-weather mats from WeatherTech so it doesn't really matter, but if it's new I'm all for it.
Old 02-27-11, 06:31 AM
Iowa330
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps
This is such b@@@s$%^, brought on by pressures of Government Motors, no doubt. Guess we all get a free wash though!
Gee....Government Motors offers their Buick Enclave and Chevy Traverse for about the same list price as a comparable Lexus RX model. I'm sure they don't have fantasy accelerator problems like the Lexus and probably are just as high quality and reliable as Lexus too because GM wouldn't lie.....after all they are the Government.
Old 02-27-11, 11:49 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Iowa330
Gee....Government Motors offers their Buick Enclave and Chevy Traverse for about the same list price as a comparable Lexus RX model. I'm sure they don't have fantasy accelerator problems like the Lexus and probably are just as high quality and reliable as Lexus too because GM wouldn't lie.....after all they are the Government.
When you look at what Ray LaHood has said about Toyota, you can't help but think Toyota was unfairly targeted in efforts to increase GM sales. He even said to quit driving them. The US fined Toyota $48,000,000 and forced a recall of over 8,000,000 vehicles.

It's also prudent to note that the folks at NHTSA recently issued a report saying Toyota was not to blame and that these crashes were driver error.

But the intended damage was already done. I will never buy another GM or Chrysler product (not that I was planning on a Chrysler anyway).
Old 02-27-11, 01:16 PM
Iowa330
Driver School Candidate

When you look at what Ray LaHood has said about Toyota, you can't help but think Toyota was unfairly targeted in efforts to increase GM sales. He even said to quit driving them. The US fined Toyota $48,000,000 and forced a recall of over 8,000,000 vehicles.

It's also prudent to note that the folks at NHTSA recently issued a report saying Toyota was not to blame and that these crashes were driver error.

But the intended damage was already done. I will never buy another GM or Chrysler product (not that I was planning on a Chrysler anyway).
Please understand I agree with you. I was being facetious. IMHO I think both GM & Chrysler should have declared bankruptcy and started completely over.
Old 02-27-11, 01:26 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This kind of stuff really gets to me. I went through enough in the 80's with crappy US and some Euro cars. in the 90's I worked at a FORD dealer as a car salesman. This was in like 93 when they introduced the new Mustang design. The general manager one day was saying to a guy and I overheard this about there trucks. "Great price on this flatbed. They dunno that there transmission is gonna go at 90K but.....". I did not stay working there for very long.

Ford, GM can change there body types, make new designs and put in all the tech toys they like to get customers to buy/lease. But your not going to fool me.

Last edited by infinirx; 02-27-11 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-27-11, 03:45 PM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Iowa330
Please understand I agree with you. I was being facetious. IMHO I think both GM & Chrysler should have declared bankruptcy and started completely over.
I thought you were, just wasn't sure.

So, does anyone know what Lexus is going to actually do for this recall? Maybe we could work a deal and get them to reimburse for some Weathertech liners and call it a day?
Old 02-27-11, 04:53 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Another free fill-up from Lexus. They will likely add a staple to the carpet and do a wash and top off of gas. 15 gallons at $3.50 a gallon = $52.50. Bring it in on empty.
Old 02-27-11, 06:09 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I agree with Jim, getting the tank filled up is worth it

infinirx, I had my own acronym for Ford (F off royally dear) back when I had a '97 Explorer Sport, the lemon version I'll never go American again. Recalls or not, Toyota is going to remain on top.
Old 02-28-11, 02:02 PM
jmonkie76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Another free fill-up from Lexus. They will likely add a staple to the carpet and do a wash and top off of gas. 15 gallons at $3.50 a gallon = $52.50. Bring it in on empty.
Are you serious?? When I went in for the recall and oil change, they didn't top off my fuel!

Is this something I need to ask for and they should provide or is it up to the dealer if they will do this service?
Old 02-28-11, 02:53 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

I will be resurrecting my old carpet and taking my car in for the recall. Don't know about you guys, that's my story and I am sticking to it.
Old 02-28-11, 05:02 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jmonkie76
Are you serious?? When I went in for the recall and oil change, they didn't top off my fuel!

Is this something I need to ask for and they should provide or is it up to the dealer if they will do this service?
I was told by my Service Manager that Lexus reimburses them for the fuel top-off on recalls. If a dealership is not providing this service I'd call LCAC and ask them why your dealer is not doing this for your vehicle.

Owners with questions or concerns are asked to please contact the Lexus Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or Saturday 7:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Old 03-05-11, 08:24 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

So, does anyone know what Lexus is going to actually do for this recall? Maybe we could work a deal and get them to reimburse for some Weathertech liners and call it a day?
Anyone guess is as good as any. But, in the IS recall, they reprogram the ecu to over ride the acceleration if brake pedal is detected, change out the brake pedal for a smaller one, made sure the mat installed properly, and changed out the front all-weather mat for a thinner version (this one I declined since I like the old version better).

Anyway, a chance to check out new cars with free doughnuts and latte, a clean car with a full tank of gas, just does not get better than that The only bad thing is that the wifey has been giving hints on the 2011 RX and with all the great deals going, I almost pulled the trigger, but the more sensible (less debt and bad economy) side of me kicked in to stop it. The temptations will begin again for this recall and the IS350(on a different issue)

Quick Reply: Recall Notice RX330, 350, 400h - New