Notices
RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RX 350 transmission: change fluid?

Old 11-14-16, 09:32 AM
mic575
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrapBug1 View Post
I just took my car to a toyota dealer and had them do it, I also replaced brake fluid, diff fluid. They refused to change PS fluid saying they don't change it but I took a bit of fluid out and it looked clean so I am OK with that for now.
That's an interesting approach for the dealer to take. When I got my 07 in the summer of 16' my power steering fluid looked like cola. I started sucking the fluid out of the reservoir about once a week and refilling with fresh. Took two quarts for it to look red after a week of driving. Now I will change it out at every oil change. Hopefully, this approach won't make my rack start leaking sooner but who knows.
Old 03-19-19, 01:37 PM
maddavey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just purchased a used 2008 RX350 AWD our previous car was an RX300 AWD. I did the full transmission filter and fluid change on the old RX300 as outlined here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...er-change.html

-Specifically they locate the oil cooler outlet hose in the tutorial which allows you to drain a couple more quarts when you start the car (after putting new fliud in the trans), almost like a full flush with no possible damage: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...utlet_hose.jpg

I like that method as it fully drains the transmission fluid and cooler as well as unloading the magnets and freeing up flow with a new filter. Has someone identified the oil cooler outlet hose on our RX350's so I can perform the same level of fluid change on our new to us RX350?

Can anyone help me identify the oil cooler outlet line?

Thanks!

Last edited by maddavey; 03-21-19 at 11:26 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX 350 transmission: change fluid?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: