RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Exterior window visors(??)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-10, 01:24 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior window visors(??)

I am looking for a nice window visor, does anyone have it installed on their rx330/350/400h? if so where did you get it, and how is the quality, price, and thoughts? and please post some pictures please
Old 05-30-10, 05:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I had the Weathertech Weatherflectors on my 300 and 330. I understand they aren't necessarily the cheapest so you may want to shop around for a vendor that carries them for less. They sit in the window track, not outside, with tape to help stay in place. During install they have to be bent so they're pretty durable. Only one broke in 10 years while I was washing it. After letting them sit for an hour with the windows closed, you're all set. Pretty simple.

Picture of the Weathertechs on my 330.
Attached Thumbnails Exterior window visors(??)-get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg  
Old 05-30-10, 08:03 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
I had the Weathertech Weatherflectors on my 300 and 330. I understand they aren't necessarily the cheapest so you may want to shop around for a vendor that carries them for less. They sit in the window track, not outside, with tape to help stay in place. During install they have to be bent so they're pretty durable. Only one broke in 10 years while I was washing it. After letting them sit for an hour with the windows closed, you're all set. Pretty simple.

Picture of the Weathertechs on my 330.
thanks, have you noticed any wind noise, or any sort of noise after the installation? i'm just concerned about tucking it in/having it sit in the window track. how thick were the visors? thick enough for it to effect anything?
Old 05-30-10, 08:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I didn't have any noise issues. Sometimes the auto close wouldn't work on the driver's side so I would push the visor up. That was after about 4-5 years being on. It didn't happen often though. The piece that goes into the track is thinner than the outside which is pretty thick and durable. It has to be in order to install. Here are a few pictures of the rear visor uninstalled. It's from the pair I had to buy to replace the broken one a few years back. $100 for all four, $50 for the rear pair. Price/tape may have changed since then.

Now if you would prefer outside install, I would suggest looking into the JDM visors. I have them on my 450h. Absolutely awesome. They blend in very well with the car. I'm not sure how much they would run on the 330.
Attached Thumbnails Exterior window visors(??)-get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg   Exterior window visors(??)-get-attachment-3.aspx.jpg   Exterior window visors(??)-get-attachment-5.aspx.jpg  
Old 05-30-10, 09:40 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
I didn't have any noise issues. Sometimes the auto close wouldn't work on the driver's side so I would push the visor up. That was after about 4-5 years being on. It didn't happen often though. The piece that goes into the track is thinner than the outside which is pretty thick and durable. It has to be in order to install. Here are a few pictures of the rear visor uninstalled. It's from the pair I had to buy to replace the broken one a few years back. $100 for all four, $50 for the rear pair. Price/tape may have changed since then.

Now if you would prefer outside install, I would suggest looking into the JDM visors. I have them on my 450h. Absolutely awesome. They blend in very well with the car. I'm not sure how much they would run on the 330.
don't JDM Visors cost around 300?? so which one you like better? JDM or Weathertech?

thanks
Old 05-30-10, 11:03 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

JDM is much cheaper on the 2nd gen than 3rd. I think they're south of $300. I love the look better but for practical purposes, Weathertech is fine.
Old 09-19-10, 09:35 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is late and bringing back an old thread But what the hell I took enouhg pics sooooo.

Here are the JDM ones There attention to design and detail are better than any US made ones I have ever seen. They go on the outside and have 3M tape, however are also put on clips that go into the top space between the door and rubber. I love it. Toyota OEM is really to me fantastic. Once I got it for my last car I can't get any other. Expensive but worth it.

Not a big fan of the Harrier But JDM proof

Here is the link: http://www.myautofashion.com/sidevisor.html

Last edited by infinirx; 09-19-10 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-20-10, 03:14 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by infinirx
I know this is late and bringing back an old thread But what the hell I took enouhg pics sooooo.

Here are the JDM ones There attention to design and detail are better than any US made ones I have ever seen. They go on the outside and have 3M tape, however are also put on clips that go into the top space between the door and rubber. I love it. Toyota OEM is really to me fantastic. Once I got it for my last car I can't get any other. Expensive but worth it.

Not a big fan of the Harrier But JDM proof

Here is the link: http://www.myautofashion.com/sidevisor.html
Looks great!
Old 09-20-10, 10:11 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The JDM look is the best no doubt. I am trying to figure out what that round black object on the passenger side roof, just above the windshield is?
Old 09-20-10, 10:44 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Satellite antenna?
Old 09-20-10, 11:02 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redrocks
Satellite antenna?
yup GPS I think.
Old 09-22-10, 04:53 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same visor on mine and it's the best fit and look IMO. I like the harrier since my emblems match