RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX350 Coilovers, Springs, Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-10, 12:06 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will take a few. Doubt it's much different. But I really have grown to love the drop.
Old 09-18-10, 10:14 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Out of curiosity, what are the options for air suspension, I remember TrendyTodd sells one
it cost about $3000+ what other ones are available and how much ???
Old 09-19-10, 02:09 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mowmow
Out of curiosity, what are the options for air suspension, I remember TrendyTodd sells one
it cost about $3000+ what other ones are available and how much ???
AirRunner is about $4K But a dam good bolt on kit.
Old 09-23-10, 09:44 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

I guess I better start saving money then and Air Runners fits the 400h ? and besides Air Runner, what other brand is available ??

Last edited by mowmow; 09-23-10 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-18-10, 06:32 PM
AirJames
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryMods
We have some Zoom Bane springs for our AWD RX400h on order, these are some nice stuff!

Let me know if you need them, we can order them for you as well.
Did you order them already? I would like to see some pics or get updates on how they've been.

Originally Posted by infinirx
I will take a few. Doubt it's much different. But I really have grown to love the drop.
Pics please =) I love the drop so far and want to see a tad more.
Old 10-18-10, 07:44 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mowmow
I guess I better start saving money then and Air Runners fits the 400h ? and besides Air Runner, what other brand is available ??
Does not seem to be any RX400 on there page. You can also look at Universal Air Systems. I would suggest you go to vipstylecars.com and start your research There are plenty of systems. Even Coil-overs with Bags. Those are particularly more expensive but much better.
Old 10-18-10, 07:46 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AirJames
Did you order them already? I would like to see some pics or get updates on how they've been.

Pics please =) I love the drop so far and want to see a tad more.
My priorities have been on getting my new wheels mounted. Been having a long journey with that. However I hope to have them on Wednesday! You can be sure I will have photos if the wheels fit.
Old 11-01-10, 11:19 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My priorities have been on getting my new wheels mounted. Been having a long journey with that. However I hope to have them on Wednesday! You can be sure I will have photos if the wheels fit.
Are you still pleased with the H&Rs? I'm leaning toward them and I like the drop on your car. If you had it to do over would you still do it?
Old 11-02-10, 01:40 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carver
Are you still pleased with the H&Rs? I'm leaning toward them and I like the drop on your car. If you had it to do over would you still do it?
Yes I am happy with them. However putting on wider wheels actually REALLY helped get back some softness to the ride.

Here is the new wheels with the drop. If you wait till Late Jan. I might be selling the springs if I get the air suspension on.

Old 11-02-10, 03:05 AM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Infinirx that looks really good. That drop is great. Hope my Eibach drop settles to this height. Are those 22's? What offsets if you dont mind? Which tires did you go with?
Old 11-02-10, 03:51 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZERO5RX330
Infinirx that looks really good. That drop is great. Hope my Eibach drop settles to this height. Are those 22's? What offsets if you dont mind? Which tires did you go with?
21's

Work LS105's custom Step lip. 21x9+26 21x10+39 (SUV wheels, discontinued "Call Work USA") Used/mint negotiated $1,750? New about $4,800

Handcocks 245/35-21 Fronts 285/30-21 Rears About $800

Also needed about 12mm spacer for the rear to clear the shock, and did a 5mm in the front. But the front pokes a bit too much so it's going out some time when I get off my ***.
Old 11-02-10, 12:12 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Does not seem to be any RX400 on there page. You can also look at Universal Air Systems. I would suggest you go to vipstylecars.com and start your research There are plenty of systems. Even Coil-overs with Bags. Those are particularly more expensive but much better.

I would actually love to get airbag coilovers instead of just plain airbag suspension.

I saw this the other day
http://www.airforce-sus.com/product.htm
Old 11-02-10, 03:14 PM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

21's

Work LS105's custom Step lip. 21x9+26 21x10+39 (SUV wheels, discontinued "Call Work USA") Used/mint negotiated $1,750? New about $4,800

Handcocks 245/35-21 Fronts 285/30-21 Rears About $800

Also needed about 12mm spacer for the rear to clear the shock, and did a 5mm in the front. But the front pokes a bit too much so it's going out some time when I get off my ***.
Woah. You went staggered? You dont have awd then right? They look good but Im gonna go for 20's probably a mesh type rim. BTW I can use car rims on this vehicle right? Or do I have to get TRUCK rims? Id hate to go that route as most of the truck rims I see are rather over the top garish looking.
Old 11-02-10, 04:09 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZERO5RX330
Woah. You went staggered? You dont have awd then right? They look good but Im gonna go for 20's probably a mesh type rim. BTW I can use car rims on this vehicle right? Or do I have to get TRUCK rims? Id hate to go that route as most of the truck rims I see are rather over the top garish looking.
Yes AWD, yes staggered. I don't even want to get into another discussion about it lol! I will just say a couple of things and leave it alone. It's OK to use Staggered wheels with an AWD car!!!!!!! Yes that's right. Do enough homework and bypassing of rumors (yes even from professionals, dealerships and so on) you will find that it's as simple as this: Make sure your wheels/tires have the same circumference up to .02 % no more. If not done right well than your kind of risking some damage over time or right away depending on the system.

But don't just take my word for it . DO a few months of searching and math. Talking to a physicist that has an AWD Lexus with staggered wheels. Also go on the BMW forums research the Stock widths on the GT-R is staggered, Look at all these EVO and Skyline time attacks running staggered wheels and/or staggered width tires. Width and offset doesn't affect ratio.. running height of wheel and tire do.

Sooooooo far I have no sensors going crazy or any lights at all. In fact my ride is really nice and smooth. Better than with the stock wheels. However if I do I will let everyone know

Last edited by infinirx; 11-02-10 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-02-10, 07:08 PM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Yes AWD, yes staggered. I don't even want to get into another discussion about it lol! I will just say a couple of things and leave it alone. It's OK to use Staggered wheels with an AWD car!!!!!!! Yes that's right. Do enough homework and bypassing of rumors (yes even from professionals, dealerships and so on) you will find that it's as simple as this: Make sure your wheels/tires have the same circumference up to .02 % no more. If not done right well than your kind of risking some damage over time or right away depending on the system.

But don't just take my word for it . DO a few months of searching and math. Talking to a physicist that has an AWD Lexus with staggered wheels. Also go on the BMW forums research the Stock widths on the GT-R is staggered, Look at all these EVO and Skyline time attacks running staggered wheels and/or staggered width tires. Width and offset doesn't affect ratio.. running height of wheel and tire do.

Sooooooo far I have no sensors going crazy or any lights at all. In fact my ride is really nice and smooth. Better than with the stock wheels. However if I do I will let everyone know
Lol...I gave my friend my old staggered 20" rims because of a thread I read on here about staggered rims destroying the AWD system I think Ill see if he'll bounce them back my way tommorow and see if they fit. BTW I noticed you have 35 front and 30 rear. Any reason why they have different heights? Why not 35 or 30 all around? My 20" were 255/30/20 and 285/30/20. Would this pose a problem for me if I try them out tommorow? Not sure how Seneka's will look on an RX. If the ride is good Imma rock em for awhile.

Quick Reply: RX350 Coilovers, Springs, Shocks?