RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

What do you guys think of these floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-09, 09:41 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think of these floor mats?

since lexus/toyota recalled their all weather floor mats, i really don't wanna get any but my wife's been buggin me. on our 06 rx400h, we need all weather mats ASAP, and found these on the net. i remember local lexus dealer has these on their loaner vehicles and thought they were pretty neat. should i get these or all weather mat from weathertech.com? does anyone like these? or is it just me with weird taste???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-UP...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-17-09, 12:59 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Nothing is wrong with the OEM all weather mats - I've been using them since I bought RX back in 04. The recall is about making sure the hooks are properly latch onto the holes of the mats. I also got the recall noticed but have not bother to bring it it because such a simple thing you can do it yourself. As for the mats from Ebay, I still like the OEM all weather mats better.
Old 12-17-09, 04:46 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

go to Costco and pick up their 4 pack of all weather mats (very similar to the OEM) for $16.99. Your choice of grey, black or tan and very nice quality!

Old 12-17-09, 06:57 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonami
since lexus/toyota recalled their all weather floor mats, i really don't wanna get any but my wife's been buggin me. on our 06 rx400h, we need all weather mats ASAP, and found these on the net. i remember local lexus dealer has these on their loaner vehicles and thought they were pretty neat. should i get these or all weather mat from weathertech.com? does anyone like these? or is it just me with weird taste???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-UP...Q5fAccessories
Those mats look like the same plastic carpet runner on rolls that sold at Home Depot.
I don't like them because they won't hold any water from snow or rain.Also if it's the same plastic as HD sells,those mats will yellow.
Call Weathertech.com and make sure the mat is a custom fit.
I ordered a classic set(not a fan of the floorliner look) for my ES because the OEM al weathers are't available and the fit is ok in front and terrible in back.I called and was told the ES mats are a universal fit but the custom fit is being made and they'll send them to me.I've ordered many sets from them over the years and they have great customer service..

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-17-09 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-17-09, 12:54 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

anyone know where i can get lexus all weather mats from? i want exact fit...
Old 12-17-09, 01:22 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Check our approved vendors. Sewell and Carson. Use the discount! they are pretty good with delivery.
Old 12-17-09, 03:03 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

All Weather OEM mats are great.
I have a set in our RX 350 and they're great.
I didn't realize all weather mats can be bought for an RX.I thought like the ES,not were available for sale.
Old 12-18-09, 08:25 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

I love my set. I had to put in a pad sticker to stop the wear on the heel area. Worked good!
Old 12-19-09, 08:39 AM
MNRXguy
Driver School Candidate

I just put a set of the OEM all-weather mats in my 2008 RX350. I absolutely love them! They're great for the slushy winters we have here in Minnesota. THey hold so much water, snow, salt and dirt. The carpet stays looking new. I got mine off of Ebay for about $80.
Old 12-21-09, 02:40 PM
Butter6
Driver School Candidate

The recall actually does affect the availability of the all-weather floormats because apparently Lexus has put a stop-sale on them. I guess there's pending litigation against them stemming from the accident that provoked the recall, so Lexus is refusing to sell them until everything is resolved. At least that's what I was told by the dealership when I inquired about them. Every online source for Lexus parts (including Sewell, Carson, Irontoad, etc) has also pulled the mats from their inventory. I've been trying to find a new set for over a month now and have so far been unsuccessful.
Old 12-22-09, 07:24 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

I tried those. they are weathertech custom in that they fit right over the originals but as others have said it's a little like putting down a plastic floor runner. Much prefer actual all weather mats. If the OEM mats aren't for sale, think about all weather alternatives. I did get weathertech all weather mats for our GS. Very happy with them.
Old 12-23-09, 03:54 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Butter6
The recall actually does affect the availability of the all-weather floormats because apparently Lexus has put a stop-sale on them. I guess there's pending litigation against them stemming from the accident that provoked the recall, so Lexus is refusing to sell them until everything is resolved. At least that's what I was told by the dealership when I inquired about them. Every online source for Lexus parts (including Sewell, Carson, Irontoad, etc) has also pulled the mats from their inventory. I've been trying to find a new set for over a month now and have so far been unsuccessful.
WOW, now I know why it's tough for the OP to look for one. I just checked on Ebay and only found one 'used' set
Old 12-23-09, 04:07 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr
go to Costco and pick up their 4 pack of all weather mats (very similar to the OEM) for $16.99. Your choice of grey, black or tan and very nice quality!

^^^^1, excellent mats at a great price
Old 12-24-09, 01:02 AM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found good quality of what I consider sufficient protection at Autoanything and Matdepot. Semi-transparent, semi-rigid, cut to exact size (you need to input vehicle) and produced by a "Lloyds"-somehting co. I had similar mats on the new RX350, and was looking for something similar for the BMW. I had the heavier 'Weatherguard'-type mats, which I found ugly and over-kill for my needs, and am happy I switched.
In the event you choose to go that route (Lloyds), you should make sure that you make a hole at the appropriate place to secure the mat correctly, i.e. as the original mat is secured. The lighter mats look good and are installed over the original mats.
http://www.matdepot.com/carmats.cfm
http://www.matdepot.com/carmats/Sele...y=protectormat
http://www.autoanything.com/Accessor...SPECIFIC%29%29
http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/79A4422A0A0.aspx

Good luck!
Old 12-24-09, 03:32 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I have the Lloyd rubbertites and they do have a hole in the driver's side mats to secure with the hook - no slipping in the five years I've had them. And they hold up well in the snow and rain. They're not bulky at all. I purchased a set to put in my 450h when I get it.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of these floor mats?