RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Measurements of back seat for 3 kids

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-19, 05:37 AM
acarapella
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Measurements of back seat for 3 kids

Hey all!

I was wondering if somebody would kindly give me some measurements of their backseat. Ideally, I would want the widest measurement of the back bottom cushion (probly the front edge), and also the narrowest(likely where the bottom cushion meets the back rest)

also, a measurement between the highest part of the two back doors with them close (tells me how much space I actually have to work with) would be extremely helpful

I have one kid in a high back booster, a second in a forward facing non-removable car seat (not a click to connect), and a third in a click to connect removable “bucket” rear facing.

I have not tried but I am doubtful this willl work in my 4ES. It was always very right with the 4 of us... now 5 it might be a bit much. It’s crazy my older 2 LOVE my car. The always say “we wanna take the Lexus” it drives my wife nuts cause she hates not being elevated. Quite funny - my 2.5 year old gets in the ES after it was gone and parked at my office for 2 weeks and goes “ohhh! The Lexus! I love the Lexus! I’ve been looking for it!”

so CLEARLY another Lexus is required if I have to ditch the 4ES. Shane cause I have an MDX coming in but it’s not me. Someone will be a getting a VERY good deal as I’ve cared for it with an open wallet and the only thing non Toyota is the brakes and a steering line a made from what I had on hand a couple years ago.

these measurements will help a lot. Thanks
Old 01-05-20, 08:31 AM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 460 Likes on 401 Posts

Your really best off, going to have a look at one & see for yourself as that'd give you a lot better idea. The '07 Ody isn't working for you guys or what? I'd think you'd only want one of these type of vehicles....cuv/mini van. btw my kids grew up w/ muscle cars.
Old 01-06-20, 03:24 AM
acarapella
Advanced

The ody is great. Its an awesome vehicle. I just want to be able to easily cart the kids around in my car, but swap with my wife. The problem is, the kids are close enough in age that all three of them have car seats that are bulky. Width wise it’s difficult to make it work.

I saw a clearly one-owner 04 rx330 at the auction the other day. Was pristine and was traded back into the local Lexus dealer (who then took it to auction) perfectly cared for right down to the Michelin tires. At 315,600 miles,
figured maybe I’d get a crazy bargain. Sold for over $3000

the takeaway was that it seemed a little wider than my es and it would be nice to have the kids higher up. Seems like a really nice vehicle
Old 01-06-20, 09:24 AM
Felix
Pole Position

I really don't think you'll have the width for 3 car seats in a rx as you do in the Ody......
Old 01-13-20, 05:38 AM
acarapella
Advanced

Two face forward (one is a booster) and one is a click in rear face. I love my Es but I am thinking more and more about an SUV. Even a gx maybe. Would have to be the right deal. I still can’t believe the 2004 with 315,600 went for so much
Old 01-14-20, 07:49 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acarapella
Two face forward (one is a booster) and one is a click in rear face. I love my Es but I am thinking more and more about an SUV. Even a gx maybe. Would have to be the right deal. I still can’t believe the 2004 with 315,600 went for so much
It is a Lexus/Toyota after all & not a bmw.....A gx would be a great vehicle. I'd pass on those miles, yeah your going to pay more, but on the other side its worth more vs other manufactures......I was originally looking at early Highlander's & was shocked to see what ppl wanted for them & really couldn't find a fairly low mileage one, which my wife's g/f's has a rx330 which thats where I started looking at those which I find more choices. I looked & analyze all kinds of cuv/suv's, even drove a GL550, which was cool, but I really wasn't interested in. If I was breaking out that much, I'd gone w/ a Jeep srt.....
Old 01-20-20, 05:55 AM
acarapella
Advanced

There is a massive market for highlanders in Russia and Eastern Europe, which drives the pricing up here - like corollas in Nigeria. The exporters get dealer licenses and eat up the inventory, and then supply : demand does it’s thing

I ordered a 2004 rx330 last week. Should be here tomorrow. It’s got 123,000 and it’s super clean. A little disappointed it’s got a black interior as I’ve always loved early 2000’s Lexus light interiors. We will see. I’ll drive it for a while if it’s not everything I hoped for I’ll sell it and grab a GX. Gx being V8 and having towing ability and third row makes it a home run but caring most about soft ride, the rx330 hopefully will do the trick
Old 01-20-20, 07:12 AM
Felix
Pole Position

Thats great you found one. There were only two rx's that I found that had black leather, which I'd prefer. Most of them have the lighter color interiors. At those miles I'd think the t/b,w/p was done. Do you have any records of what was done? What color did you get?