RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New Battery Woes

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-08, 11:03 AM
Davegs01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery Woes

Just had Sears replace the battery in my wifes RX 330 , now she says the p/w auto up/down featrue has stopped working. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 11-05-08, 11:04 AM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

just the auto up/down or all the windows going up/down?
Old 11-05-08, 11:31 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

you may have to re-initialize. up/down manually 3 times or so. same with the sun roof. I don't remember the exact 'trick' but i think it was that. worth a try anyway.
Old 11-05-08, 11:31 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

To reprogram auto open and close window and sunroof: open the window and hold for 5 seconds after it is all the way down, do the same for going up. Go to each window on each door and repeat the procedure.
Old 11-05-08, 04:26 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

what he said
Old 11-05-08, 04:44 PM
Ruthplex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
To reprogram auto open and close window and sunroof: open the window and hold for 5 seconds after it is all the way down, do the same for going up. Go to each window on each door and repeat the procedure.
Sorry to hijacked this thread but needs help to here. I tried that feature by pressing down the unlock button (from the key) until all the windows is all the way down but the sunroof stays closed is it supposed to open also? and can you also close the window by pressing the key without inserting it to the driver's door? Thanks
Old 11-05-08, 05:00 PM
dave2K
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just had the same problem

I just replaced the battery in my '04 about a week ago. This forum saved me a trip to the dealer with the solution. There are some really good threads on this, but I believe the correct procedure is:
Check the little light on the window switch with the ignition switch "on" (last position before starting). It will be flashing if the window needs reinitializing.
Start with the window up, lower it with the window switch and continue to hold the switch down for a few seconds after the window is completely down. Raise the window with the window switch and hold the switch up a few seconds after the window is fully closed. Do the same for each window using the switch at that window. Same for sunroof. The rear hatch probably needs opening and closing manually to reinitialize it too.
All in all I was impressed that various settings were not lost when I replaced the battery. The vehicle had no power for a while and yet I didn't lose a single memory setting. Only the windows, sunroof and hatch, and I think these are all safety related since they have an anti-pinch feature.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-08, 05:09 PM
Ruthplex
Driver School Candidate

thanks will try it tonight.
Old 11-05-08, 06:58 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

sounds like if you ever replace the battery, you should power up the car thru the cigarette lighter during the process!
Old 11-09-08, 05:41 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

If you can power up the car, saves you the reset you have to do on the radio; sunroof; tailgate;windows, and who knows what else...
Old 11-11-08, 10:31 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This really helped me out.. saves a trip to the dealership! Thank Dave2k
Old 11-12-08, 09:28 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a silly or simply fix next time you wanna change the battery. If you have a second car and some jumper cables. Connect the jumper cables to the Lexus battery cable and of course to your second car. Then disconnect the old Lexus battery and remove, replace with new battery and reconnect the cables then remove the jumper cables. Haven't tried it, but I did read it somewhere else and you can save all your battery information, without having to reset the windows and stuff.

Good Luck next time.
Old 11-13-08, 05:07 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

I have one of those portable battery jump boxs that has an adapter to plug from the box to the 12v power plug in the car. I haven't had to change the new RX batt yet but I have used it to change my Hondas batt, just turn on the key to get the power outlet hot and go to work. Just make sure you cover the positive batt lead so it doesn't touch something and short out.
Old 12-25-08, 09:09 AM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car died christmas eve, I was able to get all the windows working, but the drivers it can auto roll down, but on the auto up it closes all the way and pops back down. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 12-25-08, 12:01 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 72 Posts

Sounds like the window tracking gear is slipping. You may have to have the dealer fix this.

Quick Reply: New Battery Woes