RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Any paperwork to confirm CPO in Canada?

Old 10-08-06, 07:31 AM
CarNutTO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any paperwork to confirm CPO in Canada?

Picked up my '05 RX330 on Friday from a Lexus dealer. The dealer ensured me that the car is "Lexus Certified" and gave me the finance rate offered on certified cars, but there was no paperwork provided to corroborate the certified status. I know when we bought a certified used BMW, there was confirmation given, and was just wondering if Lexus provided the same in Canada?

Part of my concern is that the car was delivered with a number of issues (headlight condensation, dash rattles, no DVD remote etc) that I would have expected to have been resolved during the certification process.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 10-09-06, 12:27 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here in the U.S I received a "Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Certificate" for my cpo RX330 when I purchased the car. Sounds like your dealer forgot to give you the certificate.

Many items on my RX330 needed attention that should have been corrected in the inspection. But, one week later the dealer did an outstanding job of cleaning up the car and fixing everything that was needed.
Old 10-09-06, 01:19 PM
salimshah

Received 992 Likes on 897 Posts

It is possible that the certificate is mailed to you.

Just check with the sales person and insist on getting something in writing that it is a CPO. The certificate should be carried with the vehicle ... just in case you happen to be in another town.

Salim
Old 10-09-06, 06:28 PM
RX_brain
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a certificate that goes along with a Lexus CPO cars sold in US. It should have been filled up by your salesperson, and given to you during delivery. My salesperson even emailed me the copy of the certification inspection showing all the things that was replaced or reconditioned. The work and parts that were replaced more than offset the extra price of buying a CPO. Contact your salesperson and request the certificate. If your salesperson doesn't wanna help you, bring it up the chain. Congratulations on your RX CPO!
Old 10-13-06, 02:48 PM
croach
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem when shopping in GTA, they all said the cars were CPO but never saw any proof or got many answers as to how much time and miles were left on the warranty.
Old 10-13-06, 09:07 PM
Lexus321
Driver School Candidate

Three weeks ago I bought a cpo '04 RX330, and never got a Lexus certificate. But, because I also purchased the extended warranty covered by Lexus, the dealer said in order for the Lexus head office to approve the extended warranty, the vehicle must go through Lexus certification. Althought, I didn't see the actual certificate, I did find the Lexus Certified Confirmation Number in the extended warranty application. Therefore, even there is no physical certification, the vehicle should have a Lexus Certified Confirmation Number if the vehicle is cpo.
Old 10-14-06, 06:31 AM
salimshah

Received 992 Likes on 897 Posts

I am confused

Non Lexus dealerships have 4 tiers in used vehicles. There can be yet more classes ... but essentially they are:

1. As is.
2. Extended checks by certified mechanics (dealer cost of $100) [assertion is that things are in working order at time of sale, but no warranty.]
3. Short warranty (couple of days to 30 days/1000 miles). At times with 2 above.
4. Extended warranty (7yr/100,000 miles)

I thought Lexus CPO --> 4 above. Or is it 2?

Salim
Old 10-14-06, 11:55 AM
RX_brain
Rookie

Lexus CPO is 3yrs (date of your purchase)/100,000 miles (odometer).
Old 10-14-06, 03:42 PM
CarNutTO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand, here in Canada, the Lexus CPO program ONLY gives you a 2 year/40,000 KILOMETRE powertrain warranty. Since my car still has 2 years/50,000 kilometres of factory warranty left, there is no warranty benefit to me. However, as I originally stated, I did get the interest rate offered on CPO vehicles, so I am sure that the car is in fact CPO.

However, I have a list of THIRTEEN items that need to be addressed, including a dash rattle, an A pillar rattle, condensation in one of the headlights, a broken gas cap tether and a steering wheel shimmy on the highway. I'm just really surprised that these items weren't dealt with during the certification process.

I have in the interim called Lexus to see what I should have received. The conversation went like this:

Me: "I'm calling to find out if I should receive any paperwork to confirm CPO status."

Customer Service Rep (CSR): "The Lexus CPO program enures that the car is up to factory standards and provides a powertrain warranty."

Me: "Yes - I know that, but how do I confirm if the car is CPO."

CSR: "The dealers adminster the CPO program, so please contact your dealer."

Me: "Is the CPO program not a Lexus Canada program"

CSR: "Yes, it is."

Me: "Is there no one at head office that administers the program?"

CSR: "I imagine there is, but I have no idea who it would be."

Me: "Can I please get a phone number for head office."

CSR: "Here it is, but this is the switchboard and they probably won't be able to help you."

Me: "Thank you. You have been very helpful."

I have not had a chance to call Lexus Canada head office yet, but will post once I do.