RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Gray or Black? I need visuals, can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 04:34 PM
Ms350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gray or Black? I need visuals, can you help?

Okay~ I'll admit it's probably me and my "newbie-ish" self but I can't find any pictures of a Flint Mica RX350 showing the black leather interior.

I finally decided on the Flint Mica and thought I wanted the Gray Interior, called the salesman, of course they don't have any but have one arriving in a few weeks, with black interior. He says he can reserve it, but I'm not sure that's the combo I'd want. Anyone have pictures they can share (or point me too) ?

Also, I'd love (understanding it's purely subjective) opinions on which interior looks best with Flint Mica....Gray or Black.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-06, 04:43 PM
Ms350
Rookie

Default Duh

Sigh... okay, I flipped a page and see an almost exact post. Sorry guys. I read some opinions, and saw a gray interior, which looked much different than the one on the Lexus site....? but still no black..
Old 09-30-06, 04:50 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's an 04 RX330 with black interior (flint mica exterior).
Attached Thumbnails Gray or Black?  I need visuals, can you help?-rx330_blkint.gif  
Old 09-30-06, 04:54 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For comparison, an 04 RX330 with gray interior (breakwater blue exterior):
Attached Thumbnails Gray or Black?  I need visuals, can you help?-rx330_grayint.gif  
Old 09-30-06, 07:50 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Go for the black (I have the Flint Mica with Black and it looks great). It also hides dirt/smudges much better. Apply some conditioner to the Leather and it oozes luxury.

James
http://www.CarTV.com
Old 10-01-06, 12:34 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Go for the grey! Black is just blahhhh all one color to me. The grey makes the onterior feel much bigger and open
Old 10-01-06, 04:52 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by Booyah
Go for the grey! Black is just blahhhh all one color to me. The grey makes the onterior feel much bigger and open
I agree with you. I have had both colors in the past and I have a gray interior in my current RX. The gray looks much better.
Old 10-01-06, 09:52 AM
Ms350
Rookie

Wow~ You guys are awesome! Thanks for the pictures & opinions!

While I think both look nice, I think the gray would feel more spacious to me. Guess I will hold out, or have them search out the Mica & Gray, or maybe switch exterior colors....?

Thanks again!
Old 10-01-06, 11:03 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

I just got the Flint Mica with Gray interior last night. The combination looks awesome! Don't switch colors...the Flint Mica will not dissapoint!!
Old 10-01-06, 01:55 PM
pharmd72
Driver School Candidate

I have a millenium silver with light gray interior. I've been in the all black interior, and although it is nice looking, it lacks somewhat in depth. As a result, the black interior looks less expansive than the light gray interior I have. Go for the Flint Mica with light gray interior, I think the combination would look great!
Old 10-01-06, 03:41 PM
Ms350
Rookie

Default Good for You!

Congrats Matt!!! I'm jealous here! I've read some of your posts and it seems we were shopping for the same thing and both wondering if the deals would be better during the Decemeber to Remember Event. I wondered who would get theirs first!

I would have bought a few weeks ago, if they had the one I wanted, but they didn't want to give me nearly what I wanted for my trade. I did see a Breakwater Blue with Gray Interior. The sun was shining down on it as I rounded the corner, it reminded me of looking at the blue waters of the Ocean on a sunny day~

This weekend I finally got up the nerve to put an ad on Craigslist for my vehicle (I'm intimadated by the process) and have someone on the way to look at it now. What if they want it, and there's no RX in the area?!

Yikes..my timing's way off!
Old 10-01-06, 10:39 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Thanks Ms350,

My timeline was indeed the end of the year, but I received offers I couldn't refuse. Yes, trading in a vehicle is basically a negotiating nightmare. Fortunately, we didn't need to trade in a vehicle this time around.

You could wait for the December to Remember event, but from the responses I received, it seems the event is concentrated more towards ridding the inventory of 2006 or previous year models. There's also special financing rates at this time, but there's no guarantee the RX350 would qualify.

If you were in CA, I could recommend an excellent dealership that would give you a deal that couldn't be turned down. There's a plethora of dealers here so I didn't find it too difficult to get a comfortable price. I'm not sure about WA, but hopefully, there's at least a few dealers around so pricing is competitive.

Here's a quick run down of what I went through to get the RX350:

1. Contact all the dealers Internet department either directly, through Lexus or affilliations such as Autotrader.com or Edmunds.com. If you go this route, you deal with two people - the Internet manager and the Finance person. (Less mouths to feed)

2. Get quotes - Most good dealers won't hesitate to shoot you a price quote. The other set of dealers won't give you quotes, but will claim they will match, or beat the quotes. I didn't deal with these people because I would rather do business with the up front, forthcoming dealers.

3. Wait for the quarter ending week. I know every dealership is different, but I made my purchase through a dealer that had a quota to meet. The last week of the quarter, they dropped their quote another $700.

Finally, I just wanted to say how pleasant of an experience it was to purchase from a Lexus dealer. I would like to think they are all this way, but our dealership was extremely curtious, helpful and hassle free! I know, it's hard to believe, but the entire process left a huge smile on my face. We were there approximately 4 hours. 3 hours consisted of test drive and a demo of features and functionality. That left 1 hour of actual paperwork processing. We went on the test drive while financing processed the paperwork.

Good luck to you and if there's other questions regarding my experience, just let me know!!