RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Good New Lexus is dropping the price of the RX350!!

Old 07-16-06, 06:36 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good New Lexus is dropping the price of the RX350!!

Go to Lexus.com and build one you will see they have these new "value packs" that make the price about $900.00 cheaper.
Old 07-17-06, 08:46 AM
bigbadbuff
Driver School Candidate

I see the new wording, price appears to be the same.
Old 07-17-06, 09:58 AM
My3rdRX
Driver School Candidate

Yes, it's true — Lexus has discounted $900 on all their packages. Check out this web page: http://lexus.com/models/rx/price_options.html

At the end of every package, they tell you what the original "Total MSRP value of options" is. Good deal!
Old 07-17-06, 10:18 AM
neverest
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by My3rdRX
Yes, it's true — Lexus has discounted $900 on all their packages. Check out this web page: http://lexus.com/models/rx/price_options.html

At the end of every package, they tell you what the original "Total MSRP value of options" is. Good deal!
maybe the discount is regional? I don't see my price changing with those options.
Old 07-17-06, 11:49 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Wait, better check if the invoice is discounted too. MSRP doesn't always mean something.
Old 07-17-06, 04:12 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My3rdRX

Considering I bought mine last week, I would be bummed - but will they be changing stickers on exisiting vehicles, or are these just new choices?

I noticed that the premium plus packages on your link do not include heated seats, so it can't be the one offered here.
Old 07-17-06, 07:02 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Invoice was lowered. Also the car in stock are getting the new stickers. If you did buy 1 last week it was in effect since early last week
Old 07-17-06, 07:56 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purebliss
Invoice was lowered. Also the car in stock are getting the new stickers. If you did buy 1 last week it was in effect since early last week
Do you know what day? We ordered on Monday but picked up on Wednesday.
Old 07-18-06, 12:31 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Do you know what day? We ordered on Monday but picked up on Wednesday.
It was def in effect then. Even thought your sticker might have the old price the salesman still gets payed on the gross based on the new lower price so he ends up making a nice $900.00 extra. I would def kick and shout and try to get something out of it. If I were you I would say you saw on the Lexus website the lower price on WED and that you feel ripped off and that if notting is done you will get a lawyer because of the false pricing.
Old 07-18-06, 01:34 PM
TOrpheus
Driver School Candidate

Hrm... can anybody confirm this???

I'm up in Canada, the prices online for the MSRP is still the same... will it be applied here to? Should it?
Old 07-18-06, 09:10 PM
Foster 525
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

The new value pricing is now $43,033 instead of $43,933. They ELIMINATED THE ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING SYSTEM (AFS), WITH HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE (HID) HEADLAMPS which was known as the Premium Plus Package. As a result, it is now called Premium Plus - Value package, and kept the rest of the equipment levels at constant. They also upped the monthly lease price from $429/month with $43,933 to $449/month with the $43,033!!. They lowered the sticker price by eliminating these invaluable Adaptive Headlights which is where the $900 in savings is.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but decontenting also occurs even in Lexus! Be careful when you shop, those adaptive headlights are eliminated to get that lower price, and higher monthly lease payment!!
Old 07-19-06, 03:10 AM
hockeytape
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=Foster 525]The new value pricing is now $43,033 instead of $43,933. They ELIMINATED THE ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING SYSTEM (AFS), WITH HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE (HID) HEADLAMPS which was known as the Premium Plus Package. As a result, it is now called Premium Plus - Value package, and kept the rest of the equipment levels at constant. [QUOTE]

Are you sure? I just went to the Lexus website "Price/Options" page, and the adaptive front lighting system is still included under "Premium Plus Package - Luxury Value Edition".

Can someone confirm what the reduction to the dealer's invoice price is, in light of the $900 cut to the MSRP? I read in Edmunds that it's something like $520? Can anyone confirm?

Also, assuming the invoice price is reduced, how does this affect the dealer's cost for vehicles delivered to them, say, 2 weeks ago, but which are still sitting unsold on the lot? Can I assume that Lexus will compensate them for the difference, or otherwise adjust their cost basis for those older, unsold vehicles?
Old 07-19-06, 07:11 AM
bigbadbuff
Driver School Candidate

I don't think this affects models with Premium Plus (that has heated seats, adaptive front lighting, etc.) Why would those vehicles be discounted if they have the very things this new package does not? What I'm saying is probably a majority of RX350s on dealer lots have these things, and won't be getting this discount.

The main salesperson I am dealing with says this change only affects MSRP, and that since we are already at invoice pricing level she can't lower her offer anymore. SO- a) does this $900 decrease go for ALL RX350s out there, and b) what is the invoice value of the $900?
Old 07-19-06, 07:37 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by purebliss
It was def in effect then. Even thought your sticker might have the old price the salesman still gets payed on the gross based on the new lower price so he ends up making a nice $900.00 extra. I would def kick and shout and try to get something out of it. If I were you I would say you saw on the Lexus website the lower price on WED and that you feel ripped off and that if notting is done you will get a lawyer because of the false pricing.
The salesperson would not be paid the $900 difference. They may be paid a commission on the difference but not the entire amount.
Old 07-19-06, 08:04 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

purebliss,

How do you know all this? Are you in Lexus sales?

I read when dealers get cars from the manufacturer, they have to pay the invoice upfront to the manufacturer. Since the dealers would have already paid the invoice upfront for RX350s acquired before last week, where do the savings come in?

Can you back up your statement that the invoice is lowered too? One poster indicated otherwise, having been told that only the MSRP is lowered and this was one of my questions too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good New Lexus is dropping the price of the RX350!!