RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-17, 05:45 PM
craigp567
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 rx 350

I paid $17K which included headlight replacement, lifetime oil changes and a 2 year full warranty on electronics as well as mechanical. Blue book said $16.5K for "excellent" condition from a dealer. No nav but I have my Garmin.
Old 05-14-17, 02:30 PM
TSHusker
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Howdy From Texas (2006 RX330)

Howdy! Just purchased a 2006 RX330 for our son. He's a year out from graduating from college (Texas A&M), and we wanted to get him a good, solid auto to start him off on the right foot.

Exterior color is gold, or "Savannah Metallic," with beige interior. He has been driving our 2004 Toyota Corolla. It's a beautiful, well-cared for car that came to us with just over 112,000 miles. Leather seats with the Premium Package. It even has a tape deck! Nice!

He's very happy with it, as is my wife and I! Looking forward to our son having many years ahead of safe travels with the RX!

Old 05-29-17, 04:49 PM
Marathon11
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New for me: 2008 400h

We traded our 2004 BMW X3 for this back in November. It is Bamboo Pearl/Cashmere and seems to have nearly all options except for navigation, including the towing option. The first owner did not tow anything.

The photos show some aftermarket wheels that are not particularly good but the Nokia Hakepellita winter tires mounted on them are great. We left Vancouver in January and drove to La Paz, in Baja, Mexico and are now on our way back. The summer Nokias (actually M&S), mounted on the standard alloy wheels will replace the winters when we return.

The car is very pleasant to drive - smooth, handles well and lots of power when necessary. We previously owned a 2002 Toyota Harrier in New Zealand and it was great. We were thus attracted to the 400h in particular because it is a hybrid. This vehicle handles much better than the Harrier and almost as well as the X3. While the X3 handled very well it was the 2.5 and somewhat underpowered in addition to being very stiff - the latter contributing to handling prowess but not to driver comfort.

If any other 400h owners have tips or tricks for a newbie, I would be grateful to receive them.

Nello
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-catavina-1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-catavina-3.jpg  
Old 05-29-17, 06:44 PM
RA081924
4th Gear

Default Got a Happy Wife in our RX350!

We just upgraded to a "Brand New" 2008 RX 350. Black with tan interior, has almost all the bells and whistles (didn't come with a butler, maid or tow hitch...). Very happy with the car, right from the start. Maps are out of date, but for the price of updates, I'll use my phone when I need to. Already got the new dash, Dealer kept (til now...), and seller threw in an early oil change and new Weather-tek floor mats!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img953726_20170522_124501.jpg  
Old 05-30-17, 08:59 PM
cbell73
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 RX330 ThunderCloud

Hey guys just bought my first Lexus, it's a 2005 RX330 ThunderCloud edition, rides so much nicer than the Rav4 that's 12 years newer.

Old 05-31-17, 06:18 AM
MrChiSox
Driver School Candidate

Default My 2007 RX 350

I've had it for about 6 weeks now and love it. I bought it with 80,000 miles on the dial to replace my 1994 Ford Ranger, which has served me well. "Lexi" comes with about all the bells & whistles but didn't feature the Mark Levinson Audio System. I tried to like the factory system but just couldn't and while I didn't want to spend a lot of cash I managed to find a decent upgrade in the JBL Club Series speakers, 3.5 inch in the dash, 6x9's in the front and 6.5's in the rear doors.

The following users liked this post:
SuperJeff (06-06-17)
Old 06-06-17, 07:36 AM
SuperJeff
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile New to the rx world

I just bought my wife a gently used 2004 RX330 with 78,000 miles.. Black Forest Pearl (wife hated the color at first, but LOVES it now!! - everyone compliments us on the color!), in pristine condition and a perfect Carfax history I did my homework for this one. Already used ClubLexus to fix the previously non-working stereo. I got the dealership to knock off $2000 because of the stereo not working, brought it home, unhooked the battery for 20 minutes to reset the computer while I finished mowing my lawn... Hooked it back up, stereo comes back to life and my wife is left with a big smile on her face!

This Lexus replaces my wife's 2002 Ford Exploder that was on its fifth (yes 5th) transmission, and the timing chain "slapped" (whatever that means), ruining the engine for good. Good riddance I say! We're movin on up!
Old 06-06-17, 07:44 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 298 Likes on 255 Posts

Welcome SuperJeff. One thing you might want to do is log on to mylexus.com and with your vehicle's VIN, create yourself a profile. One thing that you will than have access to is the service history for your car. This will be all things done by a dealer. Non Lexus service probably won't be there, but it could as any repair shop is allowed to enter things. If you go something yourself, you could add it into the history if you wanted to.
Old 06-08-17, 09:19 AM
MrChiSox
Driver School Candidate

Welcome SuperJeff! I'm new around here, too. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 06-23-17, 06:56 PM
tarheeltx
Driver School Candidate

Less than 2 weeks ago, bought a 2007 RX 350. 143,000 miles. Black w/tan interior.

It only came with 1 key fob and I'd like to get another. Local Toyota dealer said after tax it would be about $260. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Thank you, I look forward to the forums!
Old 06-23-17, 07:22 PM
BlackLexRX
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by tarheeltx
Less than 2 weeks ago, bought a 2007 RX 350. 143,000 miles. Black w/tan interior.

It only came with 1 key fob and I'd like to get another. Local Toyota dealer said after tax it would be about $260. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Thank you, I look forward to the forums!
Congrats on your purchase. There are lots of different keys you can buy on ebay as blanks and have them cut and programmed to the car by locksmiths etc. However, many have had problems with this route, particularly if they don't have access to Techstream software that is used by Lexus and Toyota to program the car. Each car has a unique key code that you can request from your local dealer. With the code, the key can then be ordered off ebay or elsewhere online, then, (some sellers with the code) can then cut the key correctly to fit the ignition. Again, programming it to the car is another matter and will require Techstream. So, if you want a fob, you could request your key code from your dealer, order a laser cut key fob online for around 50$, then take to Toyota or Lexus for the programming which would be another 60$ or so. 110$.
Mine only came with one key too. Rather than go through all that, I had my Lexus dealer make me a valet key for 160$. It is not a fob, and won't lock the glovebox. But as a spare key it works as needed; opens, starts, and operates the car.
Old 06-23-17, 09:53 PM
tarheeltx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BlackLexRX
Congrats on your purchase. There are lots of different keys you can buy on ebay as blanks and have them cut and programmed to the car by locksmiths etc. However, many have had problems with this route, particularly if they don't have access to Techstream software that is used by Lexus and Toyota to program the car. Each car has a unique key code that you can request from your local dealer. With the code, the key can then be ordered off ebay or elsewhere online, then, (some sellers with the code) can then cut the key correctly to fit the ignition. Again, programming it to the car is another matter and will require Techstream. So, if you want a fob, you could request your key code from your dealer, order a laser cut key fob online for around 50$, then take to Toyota or Lexus for the programming which would be another 60$ or so. 110$.
Mine only came with one key too. Rather than go through all that, I had my Lexus dealer make me a valet key for 160$. It is not a fob, and won't lock the glovebox. But as a spare key it works as needed; opens, starts, and operates the car.
Thank you! I actually have a valet key that came with it too. Only one fob. I think I'll just stick with these for now unless the fob gets lost or broken at some point.

Last edited by tarheeltx; 06-23-17 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-03-17, 10:37 PM
tdsbigo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tarheeltx
Thank you! I actually have a valet key that came with it too. Only one fob. I think I'll just stick with these for now unless the fob gets lost or broken at some point.
Man I did not realize how much the keys cost and everything you have to go through to connect them. I was lucky I got two fobs and two valet keys the lot where I purchased from was making a big deal about having a extra set of keys.
Old 07-14-17, 11:10 AM
4pmLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default New to me '08 RX350 AWD

Greetings!
Just wanted to stop in to say hello and intro my new to me 2008 RX350 AWD. Purchased a couple weeks ago.

Flint Mica w/ light gray leather & dark/black wood (is there a specific name for that color wood?). 106,000 miles
It has the Premium Plus pkg: Nav, HID Adaptive lights, illuminated entry, etc + heated seats w/ rain-sensing wipers & headlamp washers, tow prep pkg w/ hitch, liquid graphite rims w/ wheel locks, cargo mat, clear film over the normal front areas.

I can tell it lived the life of Riley with its one-owner who had every single service done at their local Lexus dealership religiously...you know, even the ones that some of us skip. They also got their tires, brakes, etc, etc all at that dealership, so it has a great history of records. It's in exceptional condition too (even the drivers seat--no cracks). Dash is perfect. It came with 2 keys (no valet key though unless I just haven't found it yet), its 4 original carpeted mats & the cargo mat (all very clean), it's cargo cover, every manual (even its delivery checklist) & the original window sticker (stickered over $46k way back then). The Emergency kit is still attached (unused) in the back.

I was driving a 2016 Acura RDX that was just great, but I'm looking to build a house this fall so I preferred to go back to a paid-off vehicle. In order to make a difference, I wanted to spend $12k or less. I also wanted an SUV with reliability, quality and some goodies. What better than a Toyota engine and Lexus goodies rolled into one?

Super happy with it. I think I snagged a good one. It doesn't seem like a 10 yr old vehicle.
I do miss keyless start/entry (I still catch myself walking up to it and touching the door handle to open it or touching it with my pointer finger to lock it ha!). And I REALLY miss XM/Sirius (I haven't listened to a radio station in years). I hear I'm out of luck to find the necessary Lexus accessorie(s) to tap into the SAT-ready radio, correct?

Anyway, here it is the day I bought it (ignore all the marks on it...they did a hurried/poor wax job)
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170626_182513.jpg  
Old 07-30-17, 07:06 AM
tadiguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2006 rx330

Second owner of 2006 RX330 at 101k miles.
Not much problems so far: Replaced water pump, timing belt, drive belt, struts, plugs, fluids, brakes, etc. since owning as part of normal maintenance.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE