RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-06, 06:49 AM
veganbiker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case anyone's confused, my mssg was intended for 32kcolors, so I guess the rest of you don't know what I was talking about. He was teasing me about being vegan and chosing the 350 (kills trees) vs. 400 (kills cows). Yes, I prefer killing trees to cows, plus by supporting cow farming, you support tree farming (do the research). I don't want to turn this into any debate, I was just explaining that I find it ironic that the 400h isn't offered with a cloth interior, but the 350 is. Doesn't make sense, environmentally speaking, but these companies never make sense. They think they know their target audience, but at least lexus is trying. If a true environmentialist has to buy a beast like this for practical reasons, vs. getting a Prius, they will pass on the leather and get the cloth. Again, my focus is on the company. It it not my intention to set off an environmental debate here. I just wanted an SUV that was more gentle on the enviroment, but the 400h wasn't an option because of the leather. It would be smarter for lexus to offer the cloth or leather option on the 400h, vs. the 350. You'd think with a more expensive car, you'd be MORE likely to customize it the way you want, not less. Sheesh! Anyway, I'm picking up the car tomorrow. I'm really excited and hopefully I can get a pic up and at least let other veggies/vegans know that lexus makes an suv with cloth seats, you just have to custom order it....My gosh I've been waiting a long time. Feels like Christmas Eve!!!!
Old 10-01-06, 12:39 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

veganbiker,

Yes, I was just teasing you. Be sure to post some photos when you get it. I'm really curious to see what it looks like inside with the cloth interior. Have fun picking up your car.
Old 10-01-06, 08:57 AM
veganbiker
Driver School Candidate

Hi 32k, I figured you were teasing. Ya never know with email, if ya know what I mean. I picked it up yesterday, and it is absolutely beautiful! The seats are a two tone. Once I get a chance, I'll load a pick. I'm probably the only person in the US with this interior:-) It's just great and the RX rides like a dream. Now I need some good tough canvas seat covers to protect it. I hope I can find something that's worthy of my new ride! Do you have a pic of your ride up? I'll browse around for it. Take Care!
Old 10-01-06, 08:59 AM
veganbiker
Driver School Candidate

Ah ha, I found your car. Just like mine. White, Ivory, 2007. Great RX. I love the White too!!!
Old 10-01-06, 09:20 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

I have joined the ranks of a proud Lexus RX350 owner. I just got it last night so I can't really post fully qualified opinions yet.

Flint Mica with Gray Interior
Premium Plus with Navigation
Old 10-06-06, 06:28 AM
AVandelay
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased my new RX350 yesterday. I'd been lurking for a few weeks, and appreciate all the help and advice that I found. I'm heading out this afternoon for a long road trip (my daughter's fall break), so I'll have ample opportunity to test everything out.
FWD Flint Mica with Gray Interior
Premium Plus with Navigation
Old 10-06-06, 06:32 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Hey AV,
Welcome. We have the same RX!! 6 days and counting since we made the purchase. My wife has graciously allowed me to drive it to work for 2 days and it makes LA traffic a bit more tolerable.
Old 10-06-06, 07:55 AM
AVandelay
Driver School Candidate

I noticed that when I was posting - I guess I could have just copied and pasted and saved a few keystrokes...
I was going back and forth on the colors for a while, but now I am certain I made the best choice - I think it really stands out and looks great.
I live outside of Memphis, and am taking off this afternoon for a week in Orlando (stopping about halfway both going down and coming back). The new RX will make the long trip much more tolerable. I plan to let my wife start out driving so I can play with the navigation for the first couple of hours. But then after that, it's all mine!
Old 10-06-06, 08:08 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Greg, enjoy your trip! I don't think I'm biased when I say you definitely picked the best color...this is widely considered fact! (Okay, maybe slightly biased)
Old 10-08-06, 03:41 PM
Bongos
Rookie

got it on 10/6/06, wished I found this forum during my research. I missed out on the lexus credit card deal but overall am happy with my purchase

2007 RX350 FWD
Flint Mica with gray Leather
Navigation
Premium Plus Package
Heated Front Seats
18" Alloy Wheels
Wheel Locks
Cargo Mat

previous 2002 pathfinder

Last edited by Bongos; 10-08-06 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-21-06, 06:10 PM
bluelexus3
Driver School Candidate

Took delivery back in Mid-March with 3miles on it. Currently at 5200miles. Brought it for the family since we were expecting our first child.
Color:Breakwater Blue w/ Light Grey leather
Options:AWD, Prem w/Navi
Previous car was a 99 BMW 3218i (Mine) sold and a 99 Nissan Altima which will still have.
Old 10-23-06, 04:48 PM
stangd1909
Lead Lap

Well my wife just joined the club. She picked up a Black 07 RX 350 with the grey interior. It doesn't have the NAV but I wished we would have got it now.
Old 10-24-06, 07:29 PM
Coolor419
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Took delivery in June 2006 with 0 miles on it. Long commute puts me at 5900 miles or there about.
Personally, I believe this car screams; Beautiful Successful and Single Women!
Color:Breakwater Blue w/Cashmere Leather
Options:Prem w/Navi
Previous car was a 98 Camry XLE with 100K -- loved that car but it was due time for an upgrade.
I love my RX!
Old 10-25-06, 04:32 AM
ITALYLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Got my RX350 here in Italy a few days ago.
Got it in Flint Mica / light gray, with the Plus Pack that includes the Sat Nav, Mark Levinson Audio, 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rear View Camera ecc. ecc.
Old 11-01-06, 08:22 AM
rx1881
Driver School Candidate

New to this forum. Just got my new RX350 2 weeks ago.
Color : Silver / Ivory leather
Option : Standard.
Previously drove ES300. This is 2nd Lexus.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE