ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009-164/)
-   -   Reprogramming window auto roll feature (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009/191715-reprogramming-window-auto-roll-feature.html)

wavesonic 12-14-05 09:03 PM

Reprogramming window auto roll feature

Hi all,

I have a 2005 RX330, I had to disconnect the battery and when the battery is reconnected, the auto window roll down feature is disabled.

When the ignition is on, the driver side switch is blinking and the auto roll features work on all windows except the driver window. I tried the steps in the following link and could't get it to work, the led is still blinking.

Is there anything else need to be done on the 2005 model?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112710

alflash 12-14-05 10:16 PM

Hi,
Quotes from 2005 LEXUS RX330 REPAIR MANUAL*:
"... RESET (INITIALIZE) POWER WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR
NOTICE:
- Resetting the power window motor (initializing the pulse sensor) is necessary when the battery
terminal is disconnected; when the power window regulator master switch, power window regulator switch, wire harness, power window regulator and power window motor are replaced or removed/installed; or when the PWR fuse, RR DOOR LH fuse, RR DOOR RH and ECU-B fuse are replaced. AUTO operation function, jam protection function and remote operation function via the power window regulator master switch do not operate without resetting.
- Be sure to reset the power window regulator motors using the power window switch on each door because the motors cannot be reset by remote operation using the power window master switch.
- In order to prevent a large amount of current from flowing in the wires, do not simultaneously reset 2 or more power window regulator motors.
- If the power window switch has been continuously operated for a long time, the power window regulator motor can stop so that no additional load will be applied to the motor. Continuing to operate the switch even after the motor has stopped will cause the switch to blink while restricting the AUTO UP/DOWN function and the remote UP/DOWN function. If this happens, reset the motor again after several minutes have passed.
- Whenever disconnecting the battery terminal, reset all the other systems besides the power window control system.
(a) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(b) Halfway open the power window by pressing the power window switch.
(c) Fully pull up the switch until the power window is fully closed and continue to hold the switch for approx. 1 second after the power window is fully closed.
(d) Check that the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally.
If the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally, reset operations have been completed at this time. If not normal, follow steps (e) to (g) below.
(e) Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 seconds.
(f) Connect the battery terminal.
(g) Perform the above steps (a) to (d) again. If the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally, reset operations have been completed at this time. If not normal, follow steps (h) to (k) below.
(h) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(i) Halfway open the power window by pressing the power window switch.
(j) Fully pull up the switch until the power window is fully closed and continue to hold the switch for approx. 12 seconds after the power window is fully closed.
(k) Check that the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally..."
HTH,
---------------------
* Copyright Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

wavesonic 12-14-05 10:26 PM

Will give that a try tomorrow. thanks so much!

rxdriver 12-15-05 05:05 AM

See my post in this thread (#4):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112710
for other things you probably have to reset.

USCGlexus 03-18-17 07:04 AM

Window reprogramming

Does this work on the 350 as well?

jer 03-18-17 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by USCGlexus (Post 9805328)
Does this work on the 350 as well?

Yes, it should work on the new RX's as well (350)

Vizeman 04-22-19 09:42 AM

Driver window auto switch issue resolved

Thanks , the auto switch reset instructions solved my problem.. from Lexus Es 350, 2007
From half way down - press up and continue to hold for 3 seconds or more, will fix failed Auto up/down mechanism..

iMSQ 04-24-19 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by wavesonic (Post 1627133)
Hi all,
Is there anything else need to be done on the 2005 model?

Reset the sun-roof (if you have one).

djr48312 11-21-23 06:41 AM

I had a similar situation where there was not even a "click" from the motor when the button was depressed. I was able to get the motor to start working again by tapping it with a prybar. It's slower than the others so i guess the motor is on the way out, but it got it working where it had previously been stuck in the down position.

75damien 03-21-24 02:59 PM

Heard video