RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2005 RX330 Wiper insert OEM part number

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 11:13 AM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 RX330 Wiper insert OEM part number

Does anyone knows the Toyota part number for both the front and rear wiper inserts?
Old 03-24-05, 07:10 PM
jfarber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the numbers. I was able to go to Autozone and get new front wipers. The OEM Lexus one's didn't last long in the Chicago winter. I would like to know what size and how to replace the rear wiper though.
Old 01-23-12, 11:20 AM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone knows the Toyota part number for both the front....left and right wiper inserts?
Old 01-26-12, 03:36 PM
willdogg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Lexus/Toyota part numbers are

Drivers Side insert: 8521444140

Passenger Side insert: 852140E020
The following users liked this post:
rush3rd (12-19-21)
Old 01-26-12, 09:47 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by willdogg
The Lexus/Toyota part numbers are

Drivers Side insert: 8521444140

Passenger Side insert: 852140E020
Are these the same for the 09RX350?
Old 01-27-12, 07:04 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Should be the same 2004 to 2009. The rear wiper is an exact replacement, 14" by TRICO.
rush3rd (12-19-21)
Old 01-27-12, 10:04 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Should be the same 2004 to 2009. The rear wiper is an exact replacement, 14" by TRICO.
Thank you - I'll keep the numbers.....
Old 01-28-12, 07:30 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Search on this forum for discussions of wiper blades, as there are several that are superior to the OEM, such as the Bosch Icon, which is what I use and recommend highly. These are available from many on-line suppliers and even in some stores.
Old 01-28-12, 11:41 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tfischer
Search on this forum for discussions of wiper blades, as there are several that are superior to the OEM, such as the Bosch Icon, which is what I use and recommend highly. These are available from many on-line suppliers and even in some stores.
Thank you for the suggestion. I live in FL, this is my second RX, and to date, I've found that the Lexus blades have held up pretty well in our weather . [We do not go through the cold cycles that northern states 'enjoy'.] I'll bear your recommendation in mind, though.
rush3rd (12-19-21)
Old 01-29-12, 07:08 AM
tfischer

Actually, I'm not basing my recommendation on how well the blades hold up in winter, as I don't drive my RX much in the winter, and don't drive the SC at all. The big problem I have with blades is that sooner or later the rubber gets rough and won't clean the rain off without streaking. Conventional blades seldom last more than about 6 months. These new blades, such as the ICON, are made with different compounds and with a different mechanism to keep the blade pressed against the glass. For whatever reason, they last well over a year (on my cars) and do a great job. I certainly would not want you to generalize from insufficient information, but my experience has been highly positive and I would recommend them to anyone, even to someone who lives in an area deprived of the joy of snowfall.
rush3rd (12-19-21)
Old 01-29-12, 09:53 AM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Actually, I'm not basing my recommendation on how well the blades hold up in winter, as I don't drive my RX much in the winter, and don't drive the SC at all. The big problem I have with blades is that sooner or later the rubber gets rough and won't clean the rain off without streaking. Conventional blades seldom last more than about 6 months. These new blades, such as the ICON, are made with different compounds and with a different mechanism to keep the blade pressed against the glass. For whatever reason, they last well over a year (on my cars) and do a great job. I certainly would not want you to generalize from insufficient information, but my experience has been highly positive and I would recommend them to anyone, even to someone who lives in an area deprived of the joy of snowfall.
Thank you again! It may be heretical to many, but my wiper blades last me three years quite easily, both on the BMW and on the Lexus. I usually change them during the fourth year, which is when they begin streaking (unless just wiped clean). I'll read up on, and try, the Icons, see how long they last, and will keep the old wipers in case I want to go back to the OEM inserts.
Old 01-30-12, 06:47 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Agree completely. When you start using the wiper blades to scrape ice on teh windshield, expect it to streak shortly. Hence I use hot water to get the ice out off my windshield for cars outside the garage.
Old 01-31-12, 12:31 AM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

I ordered the Icons for the front and also a Trico 14" for the rear. Is there anything particular I should know before installing? -- I recall that I had read that installing the rear wiper meant removing a plastic cover... how does one remove it (and is it the cover at the base of the wiper?)?
Thank you for your recommendation...
rush3rd (12-19-21)
Old 01-31-12, 06:23 AM
tfischer

It is the cover at the base of the 14" wiper, and it's pretty simple. It snaps on and off and its removal allows the blade to be lifted away from the glass. I have replaced the rear wiper several times via the dealer because I could never find one to fit the rear. This new 14" Trico blade is excellent and is the first blade I have had back there that cleans the glass without smearing. It also works very well when using the squirt function to clean off dirt. I still use the ICONs on the front, and they are excellent, and very easy to replace. Once installed, they also look much better than stock because of the lack of exposed springs and hardware. Highly recommended.
rush3rd (12-19-21)
Old 01-31-12, 12:54 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

It is the cover at the base of the 14" wiper, and it's pretty simple. It snaps on and off and its removal allows the blade to be lifted away from the glass. I have replaced the rear wiper several times via the dealer because I could never find one to fit the rear. This new 14" Trico blade is excellent and is the first blade I have had back there that cleans the glass without smearing. It also works very well when using the squirt function to clean off dirt. I still use the ICONs on the front, and they are excellent, and very easy to replace. Once installed, they also look much better than stock because of the lack of exposed springs and hardware. Highly recommended.
I guess we'll have the same set-up, then. How do you remove the plastic cover at the rear? Just 'pull off'? From what end, of from a side?
Withe regard to the rear blade, it streaked from day one with my car, and I just let it be. It will be a pleasure to have clear rear view!
rush3rd (12-19-21)

Quick Reply: 2005 RX330 Wiper insert OEM part number