RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

v710 and Lexus Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 03:59 PM
jazzsax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v710 and Lexus Bluetooth

I know there are other threads that have covered this, but I figured one more wouldn't hurt. Someone might run across this one and not some of the other ones.

I just picked up my RX330 yesterday (Flint Mica) and got some of my v710 to work (somewhat)

First of all, mating the two wasn't that obvious in the manual, but after a while I fiinally got it figured out. Not really straightforward since both manuals are sketchy to say the least. I think to summarize, they both say "go look at the other manual for more info". Heh.

As mentioned in other threads, I can't seem to get my phonebook moved over. I thought someone mentioned that you could do it "one at a time", but I can't figure it out. Since the phone is limited to calling out via the one-button mode while you're driving, you have to set that up to be really useful. Having to stop to type in the phone number sucks, but it's something I probably wouldn't have used much anyway.

So, to get something in the one-touch phone book, I basically had to call out (or in) a number I wanted to add to the one-touch, and then add it one at a time. Not really a bad thing, but you seem to be limited to numbers and can't edit names. So I have a bunch of one-touch entries that say 8005551212, etc. Oh well.

The other thing that seems to be a problem is that when the phone rings, .. it, well, doesn't ring. The audio goes mute and the screen says Incoming Call, but my phone stays silent. I guess it's yet another thing my wife has to live with.

So, my 2 questions to anyone that knows is:
1) Can I edit the one-touch phone numbers to have names added?
2) Is there a setting on the phone that rings? I mean I get no ring on the phone OR the car audio.

I'm hoping the updated phone firmware (hahhahahahaha) will fix some of these. Last I remember, that firmware was coming out last August.. Oh.. now they say 2 weeks. Yeah right.

Last edited by jazzsax; 12-24-04 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-24-04, 03:54 PM
jerrygs400
Driver School Candidate

I am a Lexus salesman and I have paired a few bluetooth phones. My boss has the v710 he had the same problem as you do, I've done a nokia and the address book downloaded but his phone rings not the car. I have a v600 its the only phone I know of that works 100%.
Old 12-24-04, 04:44 PM
jazzsax
Driver School Candidate

Additional information:

When I start driving the car, the one-touch phone book goes blank. That is, the phone number that was shown when you're parked in the one-touch phone book disappears and you're stuck with pushing one of the 6 buttons without any information in it. This means that you have to remember which one-touch pad is for what number.

I assume it would have shown the phone book name if I had the opportunity to add that, but since I only had the number, it's effectively blank. As I slow down to about 3-5 mph, the number reappears.

Oh well, time to create a 3x5 index card and tape it to the dash. (How tacky is that!?)
Old 12-24-04, 06:44 PM
jerrygs400
Driver School Candidate

I don't have an answer for you about the one touch display. I will ask around on Monday when I go back to work. If nobody has an answer I will try to get one for you. On jan. 10 I am going to DRIVE the RX 400h at a 2 day class, maybe somebody there will have more info on bluetooth. Lexus really doesn't give us a whole lot of training on blutooth, they just show us how to pair the phones.
Old 12-24-04, 06:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

You might want to check www.howardforums.com for your Verizon bluetooth questions/connectivity. I was in the market a few months ago for the v710, but after it's release, finding out that Verizon disabled alot of the bluetooth accessibility that the GSM phones have, steered me away from it unfortunately.
Old 12-24-04, 06:48 PM
jazzsax
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I regularly visit that forum. I already have the v710 and I have to use Verizon as my coverage out here is much better than anything else. So I can't change phones. But since my Lexus is a multi-year purchase, I am expecting in the next year that I'll have something better from Verizon to use in the 330.

My posting really was to inform people buying the Lexus and already having a v710 what they can expect. I'm not expecting to change cars, and I'm not expecting to change phones. I have to live with what I have, which is a whole lot better than not having anything at all.

Last edited by jazzsax; 12-24-04 at 06:50 PM.