ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009-164/)
-   -   Picked the RX330 Today!! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009/125027-picked-the-rx330-today.html)

JFlo 06-30-04 08:09 PM

Picked the RX330 Today!!

I picked up the '04 RX330 today, and I love it. It has the following ...

Flint Mica with Black Interior
HID
18" Wheels
Black Pearl Badges
Mats and Trunk Mat
Wheel Locks
Navigation

I can't believe how nice a ride it has .... I can't wait to take it on a road trip!!
I bought a TRD Drop-In Filter .... I am going to put it in tomorrow. Anything else I should consider upgrading? :D

LexusChris 06-30-04 08:24 PM

Congratulations enjoy! I test drove one and loved it, it's a great SUV I mean LUV. :)

reb 07-01-04 12:53 AM

Congratulations on your new RX 330! You must be so excited. Love your colors.

I'm also picking up my Silver RX in a few days, and it will also have the black interior. I was told black leather would have the easiest maintainance, because it doesn't show the dirt or scuffs easily. Aside from that, it looks really beautiful. I look forward to hearing more about your new RX.

w4rjd 07-01-04 06:28 AM

I purchased a Coglan carbon fiber look Bra for my car. Perfect fit and keeps those nasty bugs and stone chips away. It cost about $150 from Auto Anything.

Good luck with the new car.

jfelbab 07-01-04 06:56 AM

Re: Picked the RX330 Today!!

Originally posted by 95RedSC
...I can't believe how nice a ride it has .... I can't wait to take it on a road trip!!
I bought a TRD Drop-In Filter .... I am going to put it in tomorrow. Anything else I should consider upgrading? :D

I took a 4,000 mile road trip with mine a month after I bought it. This is the nicest touring vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Excellent ride and virtually no fatigue even after driving all day.

VEGASRX330 07-01-04 07:20 AM

congratulations! yeah, it a real smooth ride. plus, i love the navigation. nothing like having peace of mind in knowing where you are, wherever you are!

one thing i definitely would recommend changing is the fog light bulbs. when your HIDs are on, the stock fog lights are almost laughable. you have this nice, bright blueish HIDS and then theres this plain, halogen bulb in the fog light area. the contrast is too much. when i changed the bulb (which isnt hard, just go into the front wheel well area and find it), it made a big difference.
enjoy!!!

jfelbab 07-01-04 07:57 AM

Originally posted by VEGASRX330
...one thing i definitely would recommend changing is the fog light bulbs. when your HIDs are on, the stock fog lights are almost laughable. you have this nice, bright blueish HIDS and then theres this plain, halogen bulb in the fog light area. the contrast is too much. when i changed the bulb (which isnt hard, just go into the front wheel well area and find it), it made a big difference.
enjoy!!!

Have a part # of the new bulb?

VEGASRX330 07-01-04 08:10 AM

just be sure its a 9006 bulb. that will fit perfectly

tsings31 07-01-04 09:06 AM

Cool!! Congratulations and safe driving!!

I took a 4,000 mile road trip with mine a month after I bought it. This is the nicest touring vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Excellent ride and virtually no fatigue even after driving all day.
I agree, it is terrific on long road trips.

jfelbab 07-01-04 10:59 AM

Originally posted by tsings31
Cool!! Congratulations and safe driving!!

I agree, it is terrific on long road trips.

Another pleasant surprise was that at a constant 70-75 mph I was getting 24-26 mpg. That's better than I get with the Solara and it has a smaller engine.

JFlo 07-01-04 07:50 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I am glad to hear that everyone else loves their cars as much as I do.

So, the fog lights in the RX is a 6006? That seems like a fairly bright light. :D

LexNatural 07-01-04 08:33 PM

Re: Picked the RX330 Today!!

Originally posted by 95RedSC
I picked up the '04 RX330 today, and I love it. It has the following ...

Flint Mica with Black Interior
HID
18" Wheels
Black Pearl Badges
Mats and Trunk Mat
Wheel Locks
Navigation

I can't believe how nice a ride it has .... I can't wait to take it on a road trip!!

OK..I give. What is a TRD Drop-In Filter?
Ciao

jfelbab 07-01-04 08:44 PM

It's a high performance engine air filter, I believe.

JFlo 07-02-04 06:14 AM

It is almost the same thing as a K&N Air FIlter. The major difference is .... it is made by TRD (Toyota Racing Development), so it complies to all factory warrenties.

The new filter will allow more air into the manifold, which will increase combustion, which will increase both horse power and gas milage. (although the gas milage increase is almost always microscopic)

I hope this helps a little. :D

Furthermore .... in my last post I mentioned the fog lights as a 6006 .... I meant 9006.

tsings31 07-02-04 09:02 AM

Originally posted by jfelbab
Another pleasant surprise was that at a constant 70-75 mph I was getting 24-26 mpg. That's better than I get with the Solara and it has a smaller engine.
Same here. I was totally surprised, yet quite pleased. :)