RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

2000 rx300 passive alarm issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-19, 04:25 PM
bobbirkel
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 rx300 passive alarm issue

Hello new to The Forum world. I was reading up on the CBEST passive alarm adjustments. It appears that the tech stream will not change the CBEST settings only a CBEST controller? I have capabilities of getting my hands on a techstream to adjust the customisation for the automatic arming, but it appears unlikely to help without having the CBEST controller. Is this true? The problem I'm having, is the alarm is automatically arming itself. I have bad door lock actuators and I believe they are causing the alarm to detonate without any warning. I'll have a solid red security light for 10 seconds then the alarm will start going off. If the security light is flashing I have no alarm. When I insert my master or valet key the security light goes off. Also if anybody knows how to disable the factory alarm, I would really appreciate that information. I do not require the alarm I have no need for it.

Last edited by bobbirkel; 01-02-19 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-04-19, 05:40 PM
bobbirkel
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbirkel
Hello new to The Forum world. I was reading up on the CBEST passive alarm adjustments. It appears that the tech stream will not change the CBEST settings only a CBEST controller? I have capabilities of getting my hands on a techstream to adjust the customisation for the automatic arming, but it appears unlikely to help without having the CBEST controller. Is this true? The problem I'm having, is the alarm is automatically arming itself. I have bad door lock actuators and I believe they are causing the alarm to detonate without any warning. I'll have a solid red security light for 10 seconds then the alarm will start going off. If the security light is flashing I have no alarm. When I insert my master or valet key the security light goes off. Also if anybody knows how to disable the factory alarm, I would really appreciate that information. I do not require the alarm I have no need for it.
Just a quick update, i shorted out the unlock warning switch blue wire to white blck wire and that solved the alarm arming issue!
The following users liked this post:
salimshah (01-05-19)